Raid Equip Bug? Or Cheat?

bug cheat raiding

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 63 posts

I can back up rpklover

I've been on kong for 2 years, and I was on AG for 3 years prior to that.

Removing trained books will bring no benefit to PVP.

Since most of us only use trained offensively, our defense is slightly weaker than our offense.

This way, trained book help new players defeat alts that are loaded with uni LR's. Letting new players use a higher level gun is often the only way he/she can defeat those harder compounds. 

Trained books brings a lot of healthy competition in PVP. Without them, wars are won by taking the flags of weak inactive players which is not fun. Trained books gives the opportunity to everyone to beat harder compounds while leveling up. Without them, there would be little to no competition in low level PVP, instead it would be who can stay online the longest and take the free flags.

Edit: Discontinuing trained books would not be fair. There are plenty of old books that were nerfed and are still tradable.

- Anatomy 30%

- Peak oil 25% perm

- Temp OS books higher than 10%

There are plenty more examples, it's what I thought about on top of my head.

Edited by morsmagnes3, 11 October 2017 - 01:54 AM.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

The easy solution is simply to fix the book, make it so we can only equip 1 and everything goes back to normal.

If you guys can't fix it right away, just disable it temporarily, not permanently. 

There are many of us with 10's of trained books in our inventory, giving them to new recruits as they join.

Removing them permanently will be a huge deficit to new players joining PVP alliances.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 63 posts

As long as level gap is a thing in deadzone, trained books are necessary. Not everyone can afford to spend months bringing their survivors up to equal level to use proper guns. Trained books does it for us.

Just put yourself in a new PVP player's perspective. Would you want to have fun raiding for a month, and then have to play PVE missions 10 levels below your leader for an entire month just so you can finally equip proper guns and be competitive in PVP?

I don't see a lot of players doing that. Taking trained out of the game would make it anti-fun to play the actual game.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts

The easy solution is simply to fix the book, make it so we can only equip 1 and everything goes back to normal.

If you guys can't fix it right away, just disable it temporarily, not permanently. 

There are many of us with 10's of trained books in our inventory, giving them to new recruits as they join.

Removing them permanently will be a huge deficit to new players joining PVP alliances.

A player destroyed the basis of a member of my alliance with "Book: Trained" and full of Unique weapons, is that fair?

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 29 posts

Just a question....wouldn't this exploit go away if all timed books were locked for the duration? You can't simply equip 2@trained (or other identical timed)

books; it only happens when your replace one timed with another. So, if I'm not mistaken, locking the slots until the book expires would control book stacking, would it not? 

I know it's a pain to make sure you're available when the books expire, but, better than not having them at all in my opinion.

Edited by GameGirl, 11 October 2017 - 04:24 AM.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 218 posts

i agree with the general sentiment, that removing trained books completly seems like a bad idea.

They worked well for the pvp community and i cant remember hearing evena single complaint about them, since everyone can use them.....

This bug somehow is possible since the restriction of only one book of each type seems to not work properly when switching it out with another timed book before it expired. So fixing this issue would imo be the best solution.

Cempa

Cempa
  • 19 posts

As far as I remember timed books were not removable.. Probably bringing that code back would be the best idea.. Removing the timed books doesen`t benefit us too much.. We could wait for a book to expire to use another one.. Like we have in the earlyer years...

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

A player destroyed the basis of a member of my alliance with "Book: Trained" and full of Unique weapons, is that fair?

Trashing has nothing to do with trained. If a player trashes, it's not because of a book, it's because of the way he plays

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts

Trashing has nothing to do with trained. If a player trashes, it's not because of a book, it's because of the way he plays

^^ Unjust is the player using the "Book: Trained" to attack a player of 5 level lower than him using superior weapons.

@Con.
If you do not remove "Book: Trained", you change the status of Reduces Level Requirement for Weapons and Gear to 2 or 3.
For after Halloween to get a better solution, because certain books can harm the future of the game.
Example:
If this error / exploits continues and the player uses 2  books UCS 50% = 100%, it may decrease DMU purchases.
livro_50_de_menos_tempo_de_retorno.jpg

rpklover

rpklover
  • 71 posts

@Marcelo

People don't use trained to attack weaker low level players, they use it to fight off the best compounds.

Nameless_CH4

Nameless_CH4
  • 26 posts

con really? i equipped a trained book 6 days version, and after u disabled it, somehow my account bugged and I lost that book along with my 50% ammo conservation and all of my equipped ones. so what are the reports on those?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 525 posts

con really? i equipped a trained book 6 days version, and after u disabled it, somehow my account bugged and I lost that book along with my 50% ammo conservation and all of my equipped ones. so what are the reports on those?

Maybe you experienced this?. If so, that's an old issue and not caused by this change.

I didn't bother to make a report for the EXP bugs on my account ==, evident from my alliance mate who earned as much points as I do, yet he levelled 3x as slow. making a report will divert you guys from developing the game, so I left it be as it is.

Do not do this.

Cempa

Cempa
  • 19 posts

^^ Unjust is the player using the "Book: Trained" to attack a player of 5 level lower than him using superior weapons.

@Con.
If you do not remove "Book: Trained", you change the status of Reduces Level Requirement for Weapons and Gear to 2 or 3.
For after Halloween to get a better solution, because certain books can harm the future of the game.
Example:
If this error / exploits continues and the player uses 2  books UCS 50% = 100%, it may decrease DMU purchases.
livro_50_de_menos_tempo_de_retorno.jpg

Exploit can only be done with timed books and nothing can change the return time from PvP raids and even if someone were to use it it would be the same as DMU... And DMU would still be better in the long run...

Edited by Cempa, 13 October 2017 - 10:27 PM.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts

Exploit can only be done with timed books and nothing can change the return time from PvP raids and even if someone were to use it it would be the same as DMU... And DMU would still be better in the long run...

GGG_livros_epore.jpg

I will not say anything more about the exploitation of books, not to get worse the situation.

lael

lael
  • 278 posts

Really?  So now one can equip 2 non-timed and from what I have heard the timed trained still work.  I also was unaware one was able to remove timed books before they expired.  What happened to timed books and slot lockouts ?  And why is it possible to equip two ooh shiny?  

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 26 posts

And why is it possible to equip two ooh shiny?  

Using the timing books it is possible to equip permanent books.

Edited by Marcelo Max, 14 October 2017 - 03:00 AM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 10 posts

Please Bring back Trained books! The fuel packs $20 and above HAD added value due to the 6 day trained books! If you are NOT going to bring back trained books, then you need to add another book of equal value to the fuel packs of $20 and above. Trained books are needed to make up the disparity between leader and men that most of us have. The ones complaining are and who started this Thread are all in the same Alliance that is dominating the game. They have other exploits they are using and it was very dishonest of them to whine about something that is NOT a game changer. They still defended their compounds, the books made no difference, as the very 3 complaining at beginning of this thread already have weapons far above 99% of the people in the game.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 29 posts

They have other exploits they are using and it was very dishonest of them to whine about something that is NOT a game changer. 

L1N does NOT use exploits. EVER. 

How is it dishonest for me to report a cheat, but not dishonest for you to use it? And it IS a game changer if you can no longer beat me without it, isn't it...

But I absolutely agree, the solution is to FIX the exploit, not eliminate the books. 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 73 posts

So, why not just fix the problem instead of phasing out the Trained books? It seems that the problem started when the ability to remove timed books was written into the code. I had no idea this had been changed until I read it here. I thought that timed books still couldn't be removed until the time ran out and never tried to remove them. Apparently, only a few people were even affected by the problem, so why remove a popular book when the fix seems to be simply changing timed books back to the way they were before? Keep it simple...

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 10 posts

There has always been a disparity in weapons levels in the game. Beast girl for instance can use a trained 4 lvl book to at lvl 35 to use lvl 40 guns to attack a lvl 30 who's men are level 25 or less. that is 15 levels in game and FAIR. Trained books even when used as double are almost NEVER used that way except by L1N raiders such as beastgirl. they are normally used to attack higher level players, which is what I did! And what madd maxx aka plague survivor leaves OUT of the story is that he DEFENDED his compound! The double books made no difference! hardly a cheat to NOT even the field. 8 levels was NOT enough to overcome his 15  level gun advantage. Also those with upgrade weapons also have an advantage. it is part of the game.

To Con Artist Games, the trained books 6days added a 600 fuel book value to the $20 and higher fuel packs. We would prefer you return trained books to the game, but if you wish to give L1N legion alliance an ongoing advantage over everyone else, then keep them banned and replace the books with another book of equal value in the fuel packs please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, cheat, raiding