Photo

Raid Equip Bug? Or Cheat?

bug cheat raiding

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Cempa

Cempa
  • 25 posts

As far as I remember timed books were not removable.. Probably bringing that code back would be the best idea.. Removing the timed books doesen`t benefit us too much.. We could wait for a book to expire to use another one.. Like we have in the earlyer years...

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

A player destroyed the basis of a member of my alliance with "Book: Trained" and full of Unique weapons, is that fair?

Trashing has nothing to do with trained. If a player trashes, it's not because of a book, it's because of the way he plays

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 28 posts

Trashing has nothing to do with trained. If a player trashes, it's not because of a book, it's because of the way he plays

^^ Unjust is the player using the "Book: Trained" to attack a player of 5 level lower than him using superior weapons.

@Con.
If you do not remove "Book: Trained", you change the status of Reduces Level Requirement for Weapons and Gear to 2 or 3.
For after Halloween to get a better solution, because certain books can harm the future of the game.
Example:
If this error / exploits continues and the player uses 2  books UCS 50% = 100%, it may decrease DMU purchases.
livro_50_de_menos_tempo_de_retorno.jpg

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

@Marcelo

People don't use trained to attack weaker low level players, they use it to fight off the best compounds.

Nameless_CH4

Nameless_CH4
  • 34 posts

con really? i equipped a trained book 6 days version, and after u disabled it, somehow my account bugged and I lost that book along with my 50% ammo conservation and all of my equipped ones. so what are the reports on those?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

con really? i equipped a trained book 6 days version, and after u disabled it, somehow my account bugged and I lost that book along with my 50% ammo conservation and all of my equipped ones. so what are the reports on those?

Maybe you experienced this?. If so, that's an old issue and not caused by this change.

I didn't bother to make a report for the EXP bugs on my account ==, evident from my alliance mate who earned as much points as I do, yet he levelled 3x as slow. making a report will divert you guys from developing the game, so I left it be as it is.

Do not do this.

Cempa

Cempa
  • 25 posts

^^ Unjust is the player using the "Book: Trained" to attack a player of 5 level lower than him using superior weapons.

@Con.
If you do not remove "Book: Trained", you change the status of Reduces Level Requirement for Weapons and Gear to 2 or 3.
For after Halloween to get a better solution, because certain books can harm the future of the game.
Example:
If this error / exploits continues and the player uses 2  books UCS 50% = 100%, it may decrease DMU purchases.
livro_50_de_menos_tempo_de_retorno.jpg

Exploit can only be done with timed books and nothing can change the return time from PvP raids and even if someone were to use it it would be the same as DMU... And DMU would still be better in the long run...

Edited by Cempa, 13 October 2017 - 10:27 PM.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 28 posts

Exploit can only be done with timed books and nothing can change the return time from PvP raids and even if someone were to use it it would be the same as DMU... And DMU would still be better in the long run...

GGG_livros_epore.jpg

I will not say anything more about the exploitation of books, not to get worse the situation.

Marcelo Max

Marcelo Max
  • 28 posts

And why is it possible to equip two ooh shiny?  

Using the timing books it is possible to equip permanent books.

Edited by Marcelo Max, 14 October 2017 - 03:00 AM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

Please Bring back Trained books! The fuel packs $20 and above HAD added value due to the 6 day trained books! If you are NOT going to bring back trained books, then you need to add another book of equal value to the fuel packs of $20 and above. Trained books are needed to make up the disparity between leader and men that most of us have. The ones complaining are and who started this Thread are all in the same Alliance that is dominating the game. They have other exploits they are using and it was very dishonest of them to whine about something that is NOT a game changer. They still defended their compounds, the books made no difference, as the very 3 complaining at beginning of this thread already have weapons far above 99% of the people in the game.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

They have other exploits they are using and it was very dishonest of them to whine about something that is NOT a game changer. 

L1N does NOT use exploits. EVER. 

How is it dishonest for me to report a cheat, but not dishonest for you to use it? And it IS a game changer if you can no longer beat me without it, isn't it...

But I absolutely agree, the solution is to FIX the exploit, not eliminate the books. 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 92 posts

So, why not just fix the problem instead of phasing out the Trained books? It seems that the problem started when the ability to remove timed books was written into the code. I had no idea this had been changed until I read it here. I thought that timed books still couldn't be removed until the time ran out and never tried to remove them. Apparently, only a few people were even affected by the problem, so why remove a popular book when the fix seems to be simply changing timed books back to the way they were before? Keep it simple...

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

There has always been a disparity in weapons levels in the game. Beast girl for instance can use a trained 4 lvl book to at lvl 35 to use lvl 40 guns to attack a lvl 30 who's men are level 25 or less. that is 15 levels in game and FAIR. Trained books even when used as double are almost NEVER used that way except by L1N raiders such as beastgirl. they are normally used to attack higher level players, which is what I did! And what madd maxx aka plague survivor leaves OUT of the story is that he DEFENDED his compound! The double books made no difference! hardly a cheat to NOT even the field. 8 levels was NOT enough to overcome his 15  level gun advantage. Also those with upgrade weapons also have an advantage. it is part of the game.

To Con Artist Games, the trained books 6days added a 600 fuel book value to the $20 and higher fuel packs. We would prefer you return trained books to the game, but if you wish to give L1N legion alliance an ongoing advantage over everyone else, then keep them banned and replace the books with another book of equal value in the fuel packs please.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

To beast girl you always have some excuse, but I have defeated your compound many times without ANY trained books and you had yours turned on! Makes no difference the books were NOT why you lost. Con needed to do nothing, you were the only one whineing about this NON-ISSUE. The vast and overwhelming majority of players want the book in the game. If not then perhaps con could add a 2nd Craft on Cheap 50% book to the $20 and above fuel packs, in order to restore the same value they held with the 6 day trained books.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

There has always been a disparity in weapons levels in the game. Beast girl for instance can use a trained 4 lvl book to at lvl 35 to use lvl 40 guns to attack a lvl 30 who's men are level 25 or less. that is 15 levels in game and FAIR. Trained books even when used as double are almost NEVER used that way except by L1N raiders such as beastgirl. they are normally used to attack higher level players, which is what I did! And what madd maxx aka plague survivor leaves OUT of the story is that he DEFENDED his compound! The double books made no difference! hardly a cheat to NOT even the field. 8 levels was NOT enough to overcome his 15  level gun advantage. Also those with upgrade weapons also have an advantage. it is part of the game.

To Con Artist Games, the trained books 6days added a 600 fuel book value to the $20 and higher fuel packs. We would prefer you return trained books to the game, but if you wish to give L1N legion alliance an ongoing advantage over everyone else, then keep them banned and replace the books with another book of equal value in the fuel packs please.

Everyone has the ability to obtain the same weapons, whether they get lucky and loot, or choose to spend a few premiums and buy. Premiums cost money, and that's one way CAG makes money on this game to continue to support this game. Yes, this creates an advantage for some, but ALL players have the same access to buy prems or get lucky looting. That is fair play in my opinion, unless the game were magically financially self-sustaining. 

As for me, I loot and sell to get what I want, and sometimes even (gasp!) support the devs and buy some prems when I'm not so lucky. This same opportunity is available to all. That is fair. 

What is NOT fair, is when a player exploits an untended feature in the game to violate one of the few rules of the game (as seen frequently on bc: "You may not equip 2 books of the same title." ) and then uses it not just to capture flags, but to trash players for no reason, as you did. 

As for who I attack? You are not in a position to make any assumptions unless you have access to logs for all my raids to know what levels I attack, nor does it matter. You see, I raid for POINTS. I try to score as many as possible within my time and resources. If they appear on my list, they are fair game. You too are allowed to attack players in the same range from your level as I am. This is also fair.  But the fact is, this exploit of equipping 2 of the same book allows people to beat opponents they wouldn't normally be able to within the rules of the game, and is called....cheating. 

All of that said, I still think the Trained books SHOULD remain in the game. They are equally available to all, and when used as designed, afford the same opportunity to over equip to all players, which in my opinion is fair. 

So please, Con, I beg you, leave the books, fix the bug! (And soon, too! I'm tired of this argument! :P )

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 02:46 AM.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

To beast girl you always have some excuse, but I have defeated your compound many times without ANY trained books and you had yours turned on! 

Have I not been on your target list since the trained books are scarce then? Seems without the books you can't win so you don't try. 
(Edited to add: Yes, you defeated my compound on many occasions in the past, and I never said a word. Until you used the exploit to do so.)

I have asked the developer to look into a bug and make a call. This is not whining. If you wish to continue to request the books be brought back, it's your right to do so, as is my right to ask it to be fixed. However, you have no right to continue with your personal attacks on me here (or via pm to my alli mates, as you have) so please just stop. 

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 03:33 AM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

Have I not been on your target list since the trained books are scarce then? Seems without the books you can't win so you don't try. 
(Edited to add: Yes, you defeated my compound on many occasions in the past, and I never said a word. Until you used the exploit to do so.)

I have asked the developer to look into a bug and make a call. This is not whining. If you wish to continue to request the books be brought back, it's your right to do so, as is my right to ask it to be fixed. However, you have no right to continue with your personal attacks on me here (or via pm to my alli mates, as you have) so please just stop. 

Beastgirl I am a free player, when possible I do buy fuel packs, maybe once a month. The books added value as, like you I watch every penny. I've raided you many times successfully without ANY books, including AFTER this post started. As for trashing you, THAT had NOTHING to do with the books, nothing at all. In fact the last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you because dzggggg leader in your alliance asked me to STOP trashing you. As for WHY you were trashed it was because your alliance has been trashing MINE and others for many months. AND still does! You are in a trash war. As for not raiding you lately, it has to do with the Halloween Event, My focus during the Event is on Crafting and Crafting supplies. I am NOT raiding, I have WF up until next month. As I play a lot more often then you and will catch up in level with you again very soon. If the peace holds, you won't get trashed, but if Madd Maxx or his many alts trashes my newbies, then EVERYONE in Legion including YOU will be back on the SMASH list.  You are very upset about being trashed, blame it on anything and everything, but at no point seem to want to rein in your own alliance the biggest BULLY on the playground! I discovered how to equip 2 books by accident, I used it once to equip 2 6 day books. The extra 2 levels over the 4 I normally had made very little difference as I only had 3 guns this allowed me to use that otherwise would not have been able to use. 

To Con Artist Games Dev. we would prefer to have the books as they are useful for helping newbies in our alliance wars, and they add value to the fuel packs we buy. However If you decide to keep them out of the game, then we would ask that you put something NEW in the $20 and higher fuel packs that is worth 600 fuel. A crafting on the Cheap book ( a 2nd book) or something else of similar value. I'm sorry this squabble has become public. It should have NEVER been on Forum, as Beastgirl's leader had already talked to me, I used it ONCE after discovering by accident. But she sure loves to create DRAMA...........

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

In fact the last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you because dzggggg leader in your alliance asked me to STOP trashing you.

NOT true. I have the logs to prove otherwise, do you? 

You are very upset about being trashed, blame it on anything and everything, but at no point seem to want to rein in your own alliance the biggest BULLY on the playground! I discovered how to equip 2 books by accident, I used it once to equip 2 6 day books. The extra 2 levels over the 4 I normally had made very little difference as I only had 3 guns this allowed me to use that otherwise would not have been able to use. 

To Con Artist Games Dev. we would prefer to have the books as they are useful for helping newbies in our alliance wars, and they add value to the fuel packs we buy. However If you decide to keep them out of the game, then we would ask that you put something NEW in the $20 and higher fuel packs that is worth 600 fuel. A crafting on the Cheap book ( a 2nd book) or something else of similar value. I'm sorry this squabble has become public. It should have NEVER been on Forum, as Beastgirl's leader had already talked to me, I used it ONCE after discovering by accident. But she sure loves to create DRAMA...........

I posted logs here where you used 2@level 4 trained books, so please stop lying about using it once, by accident.

You and I have NEVER had a conversation other than in this forum, (except the time you chose to try and attack me in trade chat for reporting this as well) so please stop presuming to know how I feel or anything about me. I have been trashed plenty of times by plenty of players, without complaint. As I stated, the only reason it was posted here, was because my emails to support had gone unanswered,  while you chose to continue cheating against me and others, also proved in this forum. Stop with the lying. The only "bully" here is you; you continue to feel the need to insult me to justify begging for the trained books you obviously can't raid without. 

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 12:10 PM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

I'm guessing you can't count to 6 as in 6 days...... if you take another look at your logs you will find they are all in the same 6 day period. AND The last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you. I am not an indicriminate trasher. I was an enforcer in SON and now Titans, in both cases I was ordered to trash anyone in Legion in retaliation for their trashing our newbies. I never raid outside the alliance wars and I do not trash except for Legion, FXU or if someone trashes me.  For a few months I was using grenades to attack higher level targets, and sometimes still do. If I can win a flag without firing a shot I will. The result are people claiming they were trashed but like beastgirl do NOT tell the WHOLE truth. Yes Beastgirl I did trash you, for cause. I also sTOPPED trashing you. But YOUR excuse is the scarcity of trained books. Got news for you, I have 100 of them stockpiled........................ so again the books are not the issue, they never were, they are YOUR excuse. As for my part if the books stay out of game then that gives those with the books a serious advantage, that will fade over time.  Makes no difference. My main concern are the fuel packs losing that 600 fuel value. Beastgirl started this thread without regard for the consequences to EVERYONE in dead zone who buys fuel packs, including HERSELF. Her ONLY concern was to whine about an untrue NON-ISSUE she created out of thin air!

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

Both of you need to calm down.

For starters, In my opinion reporting the bug of being able to equip 2 books at the same time is neither whining nor a non-issue. For as long as the game existed, it was impossible to equip 2 books at once. it was intended by the devs.

And the devs did not intend to make this possible now. this makes it a bug so therefore it is not a non-issue.

Also, reporting a bug in my opinion is not whining. Other things (raid logs) can be considered as whining, but not reporting a bug.

I think everyone need to stop accusing each other of things and discuss the bug instead.

EDIT: fixed grammar.

Edited by passing player, 28 October 2017 - 01:53 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, cheat, raiding