Photo

Raid Equip Bug? Or Cheat?

bug cheat raiding

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 9 posts

To beast girl you always have some excuse, but I have defeated your compound many times without ANY trained books and you had yours turned on! Makes no difference the books were NOT why you lost. Con needed to do nothing, you were the only one whineing about this NON-ISSUE. The vast and overwhelming majority of players want the book in the game. If not then perhaps con could add a 2nd Craft on Cheap 50% book to the $20 and above fuel packs, in order to restore the same value they held with the 6 day trained books.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

There has always been a disparity in weapons levels in the game. Beast girl for instance can use a trained 4 lvl book to at lvl 35 to use lvl 40 guns to attack a lvl 30 who's men are level 25 or less. that is 15 levels in game and FAIR. Trained books even when used as double are almost NEVER used that way except by L1N raiders such as beastgirl. they are normally used to attack higher level players, which is what I did! And what madd maxx aka plague survivor leaves OUT of the story is that he DEFENDED his compound! The double books made no difference! hardly a cheat to NOT even the field. 8 levels was NOT enough to overcome his 15  level gun advantage. Also those with upgrade weapons also have an advantage. it is part of the game.

To Con Artist Games, the trained books 6days added a 600 fuel book value to the $20 and higher fuel packs. We would prefer you return trained books to the game, but if you wish to give L1N legion alliance an ongoing advantage over everyone else, then keep them banned and replace the books with another book of equal value in the fuel packs please.

Everyone has the ability to obtain the same weapons, whether they get lucky and loot, or choose to spend a few premiums and buy. Premiums cost money, and that's one way CAG makes money on this game to continue to support this game. Yes, this creates an advantage for some, but ALL players have the same access to buy prems or get lucky looting. That is fair play in my opinion, unless the game were magically financially self-sustaining. 

As for me, I loot and sell to get what I want, and sometimes even (gasp!) support the devs and buy some prems when I'm not so lucky. This same opportunity is available to all. That is fair. 

What is NOT fair, is when a player exploits an untended feature in the game to violate one of the few rules of the game (as seen frequently on bc: "You may not equip 2 books of the same title." ) and then uses it not just to capture flags, but to trash players for no reason, as you did. 

As for who I attack? You are not in a position to make any assumptions unless you have access to logs for all my raids to know what levels I attack, nor does it matter. You see, I raid for POINTS. I try to score as many as possible within my time and resources. If they appear on my list, they are fair game. You too are allowed to attack players in the same range from your level as I am. This is also fair.  But the fact is, this exploit of equipping 2 of the same book allows people to beat opponents they wouldn't normally be able to within the rules of the game, and is called....cheating. 

All of that said, I still think the Trained books SHOULD remain in the game. They are equally available to all, and when used as designed, afford the same opportunity to over equip to all players, which in my opinion is fair. 

So please, Con, I beg you, leave the books, fix the bug! (And soon, too! I'm tired of this argument! :P )

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 02:46 AM.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

To beast girl you always have some excuse, but I have defeated your compound many times without ANY trained books and you had yours turned on! 

Have I not been on your target list since the trained books are scarce then? Seems without the books you can't win so you don't try. 
(Edited to add: Yes, you defeated my compound on many occasions in the past, and I never said a word. Until you used the exploit to do so.)

I have asked the developer to look into a bug and make a call. This is not whining. If you wish to continue to request the books be brought back, it's your right to do so, as is my right to ask it to be fixed. However, you have no right to continue with your personal attacks on me here (or via pm to my alli mates, as you have) so please just stop. 

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 03:33 AM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 9 posts

Have I not been on your target list since the trained books are scarce then? Seems without the books you can't win so you don't try. 
(Edited to add: Yes, you defeated my compound on many occasions in the past, and I never said a word. Until you used the exploit to do so.)

I have asked the developer to look into a bug and make a call. This is not whining. If you wish to continue to request the books be brought back, it's your right to do so, as is my right to ask it to be fixed. However, you have no right to continue with your personal attacks on me here (or via pm to my alli mates, as you have) so please just stop. 

Beastgirl I am a free player, when possible I do buy fuel packs, maybe once a month. The books added value as, like you I watch every penny. I've raided you many times successfully without ANY books, including AFTER this post started. As for trashing you, THAT had NOTHING to do with the books, nothing at all. In fact the last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you because dzggggg leader in your alliance asked me to STOP trashing you. As for WHY you were trashed it was because your alliance has been trashing MINE and others for many months. AND still does! You are in a trash war. As for not raiding you lately, it has to do with the Halloween Event, My focus during the Event is on Crafting and Crafting supplies. I am NOT raiding, I have WF up until next month. As I play a lot more often then you and will catch up in level with you again very soon. If the peace holds, you won't get trashed, but if Madd Maxx or his many alts trashes my newbies, then EVERYONE in Legion including YOU will be back on the SMASH list.  You are very upset about being trashed, blame it on anything and everything, but at no point seem to want to rein in your own alliance the biggest BULLY on the playground! I discovered how to equip 2 books by accident, I used it once to equip 2 6 day books. The extra 2 levels over the 4 I normally had made very little difference as I only had 3 guns this allowed me to use that otherwise would not have been able to use. 

To Con Artist Games Dev. we would prefer to have the books as they are useful for helping newbies in our alliance wars, and they add value to the fuel packs we buy. However If you decide to keep them out of the game, then we would ask that you put something NEW in the $20 and higher fuel packs that is worth 600 fuel. A crafting on the Cheap book ( a 2nd book) or something else of similar value. I'm sorry this squabble has become public. It should have NEVER been on Forum, as Beastgirl's leader had already talked to me, I used it ONCE after discovering by accident. But she sure loves to create DRAMA...........

lael

lael
  • 276 posts

You also used it on me after the post was made here.  But, that is irrelevant...what is relevant, however, is the widespread use and knowledge of this by some and not others KNOWINGLY and yes double trained does provide an unprecedented raiding game advantage.  I wholeheartedly support game girl's post and con's temporarily disabling trained until the problem is resolved.  Moreover chan I have never known you to need a reason to trash as it is well-known that you are an indiscriminate trasher save a few "friends." Trashing is another issue but far easily managed with two trained equipped and as game girl has articulated a game EXPLOIT: using an UNINTENDED feature of the game to one's benefit!  As for replacing the trained book in the fuel package to make-up the seeming 600 fuel loss in the fuel packages, I agree.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 27 posts

In fact the last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you because dzggggg leader in your alliance asked me to STOP trashing you.

NOT true. I have the logs to prove otherwise, do you? 

You are very upset about being trashed, blame it on anything and everything, but at no point seem to want to rein in your own alliance the biggest BULLY on the playground! I discovered how to equip 2 books by accident, I used it once to equip 2 6 day books. The extra 2 levels over the 4 I normally had made very little difference as I only had 3 guns this allowed me to use that otherwise would not have been able to use. 

To Con Artist Games Dev. we would prefer to have the books as they are useful for helping newbies in our alliance wars, and they add value to the fuel packs we buy. However If you decide to keep them out of the game, then we would ask that you put something NEW in the $20 and higher fuel packs that is worth 600 fuel. A crafting on the Cheap book ( a 2nd book) or something else of similar value. I'm sorry this squabble has become public. It should have NEVER been on Forum, as Beastgirl's leader had already talked to me, I used it ONCE after discovering by accident. But she sure loves to create DRAMA...........

I posted logs here where you used 2@level 4 trained books, so please stop lying about using it once, by accident.

You and I have NEVER had a conversation other than in this forum, (except the time you chose to try and attack me in trade chat for reporting this as well) so please stop presuming to know how I feel or anything about me. I have been trashed plenty of times by plenty of players, without complaint. As I stated, the only reason it was posted here, was because my emails to support had gone unanswered,  while you chose to continue cheating against me and others, also proved in this forum. Stop with the lying. The only "bully" here is you; you continue to feel the need to insult me to justify begging for the trained books you obviously can't raid without. 

Edited by GameGirl, 27 October 2017 - 12:10 PM.

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 9 posts

I'm guessing you can't count to 6 as in 6 days...... if you take another look at your logs you will find they are all in the same 6 day period. AND The last 5 times I raided you I did NOT trash you. I am not an indicriminate trasher. I was an enforcer in SON and now Titans, in both cases I was ordered to trash anyone in Legion in retaliation for their trashing our newbies. I never raid outside the alliance wars and I do not trash except for Legion, FXU or if someone trashes me.  For a few months I was using grenades to attack higher level targets, and sometimes still do. If I can win a flag without firing a shot I will. The result are people claiming they were trashed but like beastgirl do NOT tell the WHOLE truth. Yes Beastgirl I did trash you, for cause. I also sTOPPED trashing you. But YOUR excuse is the scarcity of trained books. Got news for you, I have 100 of them stockpiled........................ so again the books are not the issue, they never were, they are YOUR excuse. As for my part if the books stay out of game then that gives those with the books a serious advantage, that will fade over time.  Makes no difference. My main concern are the fuel packs losing that 600 fuel value. Beastgirl started this thread without regard for the consequences to EVERYONE in dead zone who buys fuel packs, including HERSELF. Her ONLY concern was to whine about an untrue NON-ISSUE she created out of thin air!

passing player

passing player
  • 463 posts

Both of you need to calm down.

For starters, In my opinion reporting the bug of being able to equip 2 books at the same time is neither whining nor a non-issue. For as long as the game existed, it was impossible to equip 2 books at once. it was intended by the devs.

And the devs did not intend to make this possible now. this makes it a bug so therefore it is not a non-issue.

Also, reporting a bug in my opinion is not whining. Other things (raid logs) can be considered as whining, but not reporting a bug.

I think everyone need to stop accusing each other of things and discuss the bug instead.

EDIT: fixed grammar.

Edited by passing player, 28 October 2017 - 01:53 AM.

lael

lael
  • 276 posts

1) 6 day trained books only increase levels by 3;  therefore, If as you claimed you equipped 2 of them for 6 days (which btw is cheating) the total number of level increase would be 6.  From what game girl has shown some of your guns are 7-8 levels above the level of the survivor it is equipped with.

2)  This post would not exist had you not deliberately, intentionally and knowingly violated the game parameters with impunity and now have resorted to all sorts of "rationalizations" for your own conduct.  IMO, chan you should be held accountable.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 593 posts

What I want to know is why are most of the ADULT raiders less mature than my 14 year old brother ? 

DeathdealerXX

DeathdealerXX
  • 6 posts
Thx Gab for the nice trick ,, lol ur unbelievable ,, u know ur the one who discovered this wurstyl and ur team uses it ,,, always pointing the finger at someone else is a habit that people who said things do to divert attention away from themselves .. salty people who cant accept losing resort to cheating in many different ways ,,, so i suggest instead of always pointing fingers either practice and get better without cheating or quit ... cause salty is no way to live ,,my friend

Godzyra___

Godzyra___
  • 58 posts

It has come to my knowledge that +2 and +4 trained books can still be used and that people are still stacking them on top of each other to use guns and gear up to 8 levels above their level.  Trained +3 is the only book that cannot be used I think.

Con, stop taking half measures!

How is the development on this issue going? It's been a month and this is a serious bug that should be dealt with.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 218 posts

hope this will be dealt with soon, since halloween event is now over

rpklover

rpklover
  • 63 posts

It has come to my knowledge that +2 and +4 trained books can still be used and that people are still stacking them on top of each other to use guns and gear up to 8 levels above their level.  Trained +3 is the only book that cannot be used I think.

How is the development on this issue going? It's been a month and this is a serious bug that should be dealt with.

First of all, there are plenty of bugs more annoying that a few dishonest players stacking books. If people just play the game fairly instead of exploiting bugs, this would be a lot better.

I sincerely hope con does not remove the trained books from our inventory, raiders have been buying them, stacking them for years so we can use them when we raid on alts. Personally I use them to skip raiding with HC, SVD and M417 since I am not a big fan of those. If CAG fixes the stackabole bug, that would be 1000x better than removing the books since it's one of the only few PVP books.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 63 posts

First of all, there are plenty of bugs more annoying than a few dishonest players stacking books. If people just play the game fairly instead of exploiting bugs, this would not be an issue.

I sincerely hope con does not remove the trained books from our inventory, raiders have been buying them, stacking them for years so we can use them when we raid on alts. Personally I use them to skip raiding with HC, SVD and M417 since I am not a big fan of those. If CAG fixes the stackable bug, that would be 1000x better than removing the books since it's one of the only few PVP books.

As shown above, trained isn't the only book people are staking. UCS, OS are examples too. It would be unfair to remove UCS50 from the game for PVE players and it would be as unfair to do the same with trained books for PVP players.

@Con 

Please reconsider adding trained books back in the game once you find a way to deal with people stacking same named books.

Sincerely,

Every raider on deadzone.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 49 posts
Me personally I found trained books useless because they take the fun out of the game. now right now you might be asking me why? The answer is simple you should have to work for your higher level gear/weapons. I admit I have used a trained book before to raid an alt, yet I still failed the raid on them. Anyways I think there would be no change to the game. Anyways this is just a random DZer voicing their opinion of this topic

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 75 posts

After five years, the Trained books are suddenly a bad thing?  Con, while you may have received reports from players who don't understand them, why is this an issue for the 99.9% of players who have no problems with Trained?  Some players can't figure out how to work their fuel generators; will you eliminate fuel generators?  And, no, I am not being sarcastic.  These are the kinds of questions some new players ask in chat.

The problem with Trained is not a client-side issue.  It is a developer-side issue.  Something is broken in your code that allows this double book exploit.  While I certainly understand disabling Trained while you sort this out, I really don't understand why you are eliminating them altogether.  They are an important part of raiding and were designed (BY YOU).  If you have had reservations about Trained Books for so long, you might have let us know earlier so we could have avoided buying any recently, trading them, or simply using up inventory by building up a stock of them.   

This problem (double booking) is not limited to Trained.  It affects many other books.

Removing something like this from the game should not be a unilateral decision from you without a valid consultation with the people concerned, the raiders and their "victims".  If the community agrees that Trained should go, then let's do that.  But removing trained because some clueless noobs could not understand how a level 11 raider attacked them with a lvl 14 sportshot is not a valid reason for fundamentally altering raiding. 

While I am here, I would like, without sarcasm, to ask if you have looked into the Rare-Recycler Bug?  I have asked about this for a few years and received no response.  When you put a rare item in the recycler, the time indicated is too low which screws up the calculations for aiming for 5 minutes. 

Edited by CasualRace, Yesterday, 06:00 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 525 posts

I understand about the trained books being disabled because of the double book exploit but until the exploit is fixed I hope to see the trained books return to the dead zone.

Here is a list of books I believe are being exploited and I will be pointing these out

- How to specialize in resource, Combat, Survival, mission books: The reason why books are being exploited by equipping 2 books of same category   in the first place.

- 50% ammo conservationist book: players equipping 2 of them to get 0 ammo cost on missions and raids with high  ammo cost guns.

- 50% Union city Shortcuts book: players with no Death mobile upgrade  being able to equip 2  50% to get an instant return time(100%) home on missions in high level areas and this would kinda devalue  the  Death Mobile upgrade.

- 50% Crafting on the cheap book:  equipping 2 of these books make low fuel costs on crafts and upgrades.

- Boosting your experience book and Long ways from home books: players equipping 2 of these high  percentage XP books get level up much faster when completing missions and raids.

Edited by Ghost Recon, Yesterday, 07:12 PM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 730 posts

- 50% Crafting on the cheap book:  equipping 2 of these books make low fuel costs on crafts and upgrades.

Isn't crafting capped at 80%?

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 525 posts

Isn't crafting capped at 80%?

yes but for low fuel cost crafting and upgrading with lots of fuel

Edited by Ghost Recon, Yesterday, 11:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, cheat, raiding