Photo

Fresh Meat: Cut Non-raid Mission Return Times By 50%, Remove Base Trade Fee Of 10 Fuel

turn tables player count

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

We need fresh meat that stays engaged.

Sadly new accounts are more often than not mere alts of players you already know.

My suggestion is based off of experience in another game which was at the end of its life-cycle, player numbers diminishing day by day. They turned the tables by making half of paid features free to all.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

@Trade fuel cost removal:

Before you jump in explaining this was suggested before, this one suggest removing just the base fee of 10 fuel. To trade for completely free, both players would need to have purchased free trade slots for 500 fuel, and even then they can only trade 2 items for free.

Game is now at a point where the potential damage caused by such partially free trade system is less than the damage caused by too few players that start and stay engaged in the game.

System would allow abuse of 3x trades@2 slots per trade over 1x trade@6 slots. Therefore, an enabling timer which resets every hour would be reasonable.

/ Tbh, all this is stupid micromanagement. And I'd even prefer to see 1 free trade of any (6) slots every 24 hours. Only those who trade more than once per day should pay something for transaction. The Free trade slots paid upgrade can then replaced with an upgrade which allows one extra free trade per day. Simple is powerful.

Edited by Par Sennah, 10 October 2017 - 09:04 PM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 723 posts

So... we should have 5 min return time on autos and 2.5 minutes on manuals? Dam the inventory is really gonna fill up fast.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

So... we should have 5 min return time on autos and 2.5 minutes on manuals? Dam the inventory is really gonna fill up fast.

Problem is severe with the areas lvl 20+ for non-DMU players. 5 and 10 minutes RT for DMU folks is fine, I'm among them. Free players come online to do their 2 or 3 missions and then leave because of long cool downs. From business sense, you cannot argue this is a good thing. This hurts trading which is the only true multiplayer feature in this game besides chat. Perhaps some like it better if the game is more like a single player game. That does not include me, I definitely enjoyed the game more in 2015. Why don't you play anymore?

Edited by Par Sennah, 11 October 2017 - 02:35 PM.

lael

lael
  • 242 posts

My 2 cents:  1) This game is not at end-cycle:  New features keep getting added and the raiding aspect of the game is quite engaging and will always continue to be.  2) Players will always come and go for a variety of reasons 3) This game can be played entirely without any purchase quite effectively 4)  The ability to make a one-time car purchase is quite a game changer and relatively inexpensive for the game benefit it provides 5) Alts are made by the FTP players to maximize their game vs reward ratio without any in-game purchases 6) I do not believe you have the data to evaluate the real longevity of this game and player base 7) If I had a dollar for every time someone bemoaned the fate of the dz I would be able to buy the server  8) The over all concern by the player base for the game indicates it's ability to persevere and thrive.  Ok maybe that was 8 cents.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

My 2 cents:  1) This game is not at end-cycle:  New features keep getting added and the raiding aspect of the game is quite engaging and will always continue to be.  2) Players will always come and go for a variety of reasons 3) This game can be played entirely without any purchase quite effectively 4)  The ability to make a one-time car purchase is quite a game changer and relatively inexpensive for the game benefit it provides 5) Alts are made by the FTP players to maximize their game vs reward ratio without any in-game purchases 6) I do not believe you have the data to evaluate the real longevity of this game and player base 7) If I had a dollar for every time someone bemoaned the fate of the dz I would be able to buy the server  8) The over all concern by the player base for the game indicates it's ability to persevere and thrive.  Ok maybe that was 8 cents.

Thx for input, lael. Different from my observations in some points, but a different perspective can help pave way for a better solution.

Problem at hand is that something needs to be fixed with trade. In-game there are far more players unhappy than happy with the current situation. One way to improve trade is to have more concurrent players online, this can be done with reduction of mission return times. Close the gap of mission return times between DMU and F2P players. By how much exactly is up to debate.

Another way to improve trade volumes is a rework of the fuel cost system. Whether the end solution uses my recommendations or someone else's does not matter as long as we get a better system in the end.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 44 posts

You can buy UCS50 to reduce the return time. It costs fuel, it's the free to play version of dmu.

If you want to play nonstop, just have a few alts. 

As for the trade costs, it's perfectly fine as it is. Every legal purchase or exchange you make in real life has some sort of cost. Companies making a bit of markup here and there, people paying taxes etc.

It's normal to have a base cost in a transaction.

Par Sennah

Par Sennah
  • 33 posts

You can buy UCS50 to reduce the return time. It costs fuel, it's the free to play version of dmu.

If you want to play nonstop, just have a few alts. 

As for the trade costs, it's perfectly fine as it is. Every legal purchase or exchange you make in real life has some sort of cost. Companies making a bit of markup here and there, people paying taxes etc.

It's normal to have a base cost in a transaction.

Except if a country runs dry of citizens, it must change something to make people stay. Even now there's no one apart from a few hundred left to pay those taxes on the server I play on. Such a tax cut would only be normal and expected for listing an item in auction house. Not many games limit player's ability to trade that severely by imposing taxes on all transactions. It's essentially VAT/GST. This is an inherently wrong idea to start with for a multiplayer game, but it can be made less extortionist.

Sorry but did not find your endorsement of current system and endorsement of further stagnation to be of any use. This system can only work with (much) bigger player base.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 561 posts

Simply put, the two things you mentioned were never an issue for a new player who just started playing and is fond of the game and wants to stay. Just by playing the game and over a short period of time, you are able to acquire free trade slots and UCS book.

The only real detterrant for new players is the fact that their inventories are a one big fat zero when compared to veterans, and will remain so for years to come, unless they invest a lot of money. And even in that case, its a lot of work to get there. The fact which i believe is perfectly normal and present in a lot (if not all) of item based multiplayer games.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 450 posts

The only real detterrant for new players is the fact that their inventories are a one big fat zero when compared to veterans, and will remain so for years to come, unless they invest a lot of money.

I agree with this. The main deterrents for new players are 1) having to compete/being thrashed by superpowered alts, and 2) bugs and technical issues. That being said, there are some other problems with these proposals:

Remove trade base fee. Part of the fun of being a low level is to have to work for your stuff: struggling to get resources, the satisfaction of building stuff and getting new survivors. The trade cost is balanced so that you only want to trade for stuff you can't get yourself or desperately need. If you eliminate the trading cost, that fun is gone; plus I don't really want to go to the Trade channel to find 20 people begging for resources and basic stuff (begging is bad enough even with the cost).

If you just reduce the trading cost instead by eliminating the 10-fuel fee those problems are not as bad (though still increase), but the new players won't really see it as "Yay! only 5 fuel to trade", but as "I still have to pay fuel to trade". This, coupled with the fact that it's not even one of the major turnoffs from the game, would mean that it won't attract enough new players to justify the unbalance the rest of us would experience.

Reduce return times. The new players are the least affected by return times, since they start small at 5 minutes. If you reduce the time by 50% the DMU sales would fall, since getting a UCS50% is not hard at all for most of us.

One thing that could be improved, however, is the return time increase over level; right now, missions with level 27 have the same return time as a level 60 mission. I would prefer that those times were revised to give the full 4 hours to players lvl 40-45 and up instead of 50% off for all. That way it wouldn't be as hard for lower levels while still keeping things balanced for the rest of us.