Possibility To Upgrade Halloween Weapons After The Event

Halloween Weapons Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DeSoto

DeSoto
  • 5 posts

Hello,

this is my first seasonal event in this game so please bear with me if I don't yet understand how some of the stuff works.

I'm Lvl 25 atm and my weapons bench is Lvl 10. The best I could craft right now are the Lvl 35 (second tier) Halloween weapons.

Considering that you just upgrade an already existing item which only requires fuel, I'm wondering whether it will be possible for me to still craft it to it's final tier after the event has ended. I'm a new player and 250 fuel per weapon is a fairly big deal for me. On top of that, if I'd build the Lvl 35 one right away, I wouldn't be able to use it for a good while. Conversely, just building the base item would be a waste as well cause I have outleveled Lvl 15 stuff by now.

It seems that no matter which route I take, I either loose out in the short or the long run. I'm not a collector and those things aren't tradable, so if I can't use these weapons (or don't want to because of low level) they hold no value to me. I was aiming for 2 weapons, but that would almost completely deplete my fuel supply, so I want to be sure beforehand that these will be of use for me along the road.

And yes, I'd buy extra fuel for this, but only if I see any value in it. An item that I'll probably only use for a couple of levels or which I already have outleveled doesn't justify a purchase for me.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 520 posts

It's not possible to craft higher tier weapons after the event. It's part of the "limited time only" feeling of event items, and what makes them special. I would recommend that you craft the highest level item you can, since you will be able to use it before you notice and it will serve you well when you reach lvl35.

Remember that crafting event weapons is a bet, and it requires an investment. Low level players struggle the most, obviously (I know I did back in 2013, I couldn't craft a single event item), but it's part of the learning curve of the game. If you feel that it's not worth it, you can sell the components instead and try to buy the weapons next year, when they become tradeable. If you do want to craft, remember using a "Crafting on the Cheap" book to lessen the fuel cost, and avoid the "Quality Crafts" book, which does next to nothing.

As for fuel, if you plan to buy some you should wait until the Halloween Fuel Packages come out, since they include free Halloween items in every purchase. Usually they contain clothing and keys for event boxes, and this year they're both very valuable (especially the clothing, since you can use it right away without level constraints and it has a nice selling potential).

Finally, if you need any help deciding which one to craft, a couple days before the end of the event I will post a guide with an example of each weapon at each level, equipped with different gear, so you can see which one will return the most for your fuel.

Edited by Lana Woo, 18 October 2017 - 01:58 PM.

DeSoto

DeSoto
  • 5 posts

Thanks for the quick reply Lana, will wait then and keep an eye out for your guide.

Edit: Still think that it's a bad move to arbitrarily cut off low level players from crafting the high level seasonal stuff. It's not tradable and usable only after you hit the level treshold, so it would have no influence on the market. Instead it would give players something to look forward to, especially non-DMU guys that will most likely need years to get to max level anyway. So this weapon would just sit in your inventory and be a motivation to keep going, no harm done.

Edited by DeSoto, 18 October 2017 - 05:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halloween, Weapons, Upgrade