Somewhat unusual thing to be considering, but can we get some.....other weapon types?
Now I am NOT saying "add explosive weapons" as we all know how unbalanced those would be. One thing I would like to see are some more unusual improvised weapons. The longsaw was really one that stuck in my mind but why not any other guns that are similar?
I believe I mentioned the idea of a short ranged (mostly pve) flamethrower weapon which is quite easy to implement but I have no idea what people's thoughts are on this weapon.
Additionally, I was thinking about some premium weapons: The Arc-Burn, The Hellslinger, The Tree-trimmer, Containment HW-50, Manning ES-1900, etc...
All these weapons have one thing in common: they use stats (kb, aps, dmg, capacity) in an unusual way that makes the weapon more interesting to use. I don't know what others think but having new types of weapons instead of your classic AR, LMG, LR and SMG with automatic fire and nothing else. The guns become boring. They add nothing new except textures and damage.
Can we have more unusual weapons? It would really spice up the game sometimes.
NB: Ideas for flamethrower
- low range (9-12)
- very high aps (around 40-50)
- shotgun effect (damage can hit multiple enemies)
- high capacity (500-700)
- for flame effects, use it like a normal gun, but increase the size of the "muzzle flash" effect and make it look like fire. That would allow for a continuous flame effect
- high damage per shot to make it an effective crowd control weapon.
- high knockback as well.
- average ammo cost
- backpack texture for fuel cans? idk, haven't thought about visuals yet