Photo

Post Your Compound Setup

post compound setup layout defense

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

As the title goes, let post pictures of your compound setup and may be explain why you do it so. We can discuss advantage and disadvantage of a particular defense setup (condense, scatter, three doors, two doors, one doors and so on) for PVP and PVE. I would like to start by posting mine below.

For experienced players, they can contribute to the discussion which will benefit for new comers (like me) to learn a thing or two about defensing and compound setup. I learnt so many things from reading forum, players' discussion over certain compound setup when I started and hopefully this threat will help out new players like before. Thanks.

One example forum from GS https://getsatisfact...ove_pvp_feature

TheLastStand-DeadZone-CompoundSetup.png

I set this compound as you can see in picture above. I know that there are so many weakpoints in my setup but it is working so far, so I am going to stick with it.

" [ i m g ] http:// www.website.com / image.png [ / i m g ] " type in the BB code without any space and quotes between characters. I also find that, if you have very long image URL, it start showing that You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". So keep that in mind, and try to get short image URL when you post.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a picture of my compound saved in my documents. Your URL shows a website. How do you post a picture from your computer?

You can host image on several website such as ImageShark, Postimage or Photobucket.

Oh, please use this only for good purpose, and hopefully not using to troll with meme or posting abusive pictures on the forum. I think Con prevent user from posting picture for that purpose. Hopefully, Con won't ban me for doing this. >_<

Just for the record, using BB code for images is fine. Helps cut down on the excessive image posting we were getting on GS.

I guess we can post pictures which are hosted on the other website. Make sure to check out the forum rule link below though.
Forum rule: http://forum.conarti.../7-forum-rules/

Edited by GravityZero, 14 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

Gravity-

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a picture of my compound saved in my documents. Your URL shows a website. How do you post a picture from your computer?

Also, your compound looks like a good defensive set-up to me. But whats with all the rally flags?

Cheers!

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

have fun raiding me lol.

my_base.jpg

Gravity-

Also, your compound looks like a good defensive set-up to me. But whats with all the rally flags?

Cheers!

go on http://postimage.org/ after u upload select hotlink for forums and copy the link back here.

Edited by Stg Jonny, 13 April 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

Jonny, depending on the range of your guns, the three towers could be picked off one by one, if the attackers are able to surrpress correctly.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts
Here we go.

compound_1.png

Another one, closer.

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

Nicol-

Dang! That has to be the MOST PACKED front yard I've ever seen!

Jimeneez Crickets!

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

Nicol_Djaghilev, take out the left tower is too easy, all five attackers could hit it without fear from any other defenders, then a raider would move to pick off the non tower survivors, while staying out of the tower's range, or surpressing the towers, while a melee guy goes in. Not Bad, but that tower should be protected.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

@Patooky: Thanks :) I copied this setup from an old GS thread about defense, then added my own twist to the design.

@Anderill: Hehe, that's the twist right there. That lefternmost tower is actually unmanned - my two recons are assigned to the towers in the middle. That left tower is just a decoy to mess with attackers. The large barricade right behind it however has an engineer assigned at, though that's mostly for zombie defense since during raids she would probably die pretty easily (she's equipped with melee).

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Just for the record, using BB code for images is fine. Helps cut down on the excessive image posting we were getting on GS.

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

@Patooky: Thanks :) I copied this setup from an old GS thread about defense, then added my own twist to the design.

@Anderill: Hehe, that's the twist right there. That lefternmost tower is actually unmanned - my two recons are assigned to the towers in the middle. That left tower is just a decoy to mess with attackers. The large barricade right behind it however has an engineer assigned at, though that's mostly for zombie defense since during raids she would probably die pretty easily (she's equipped with melee).

Never, ever, have a melee for compount defence, that is just one useless survivor that could have an m-21, and since the tower is unarmed, it would be even easier to surpress, or smoke bomb around the two middle towers, then follow with explosives. Spacing your towers prevents smoke grenade's effectiveness. Also: Put a guy in the tower! An empty tower is useless, except as a space taker.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Errrr, Con I'm not allowed to use BB code for some reason :/ ...It says  "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."...and others are able to post my URL's without any problems...

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

Gravity-

Cheers!

For image posting, more info have been updated in OP. Rally flags? Just for decoration, perhaps. I don't use them to assign my people. 

Edited by GravityZero, 14 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

http://img5.imagesha.../mycompound.jpg

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

don't know if mine is formidable.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Never, ever, have a melee for compount defence, that is just one useless survivor that could have an m-21, and since the tower is unarmed, it would be even easier to surpress, or smoke bomb around the two middle towers, then follow with explosives. Spacing your towers prevents smoke grenade's effectiveness. Also: Put a guy in the tower! An empty tower is useless, except as a space taker.

As I said, the melee guy is for zombie defense. I found that for raid defense this setup is fine even with only nine guys. It's all about clustering.

You say grenades would be really effective on the two middle towers. I don't doubt that, but the attackers would have to get within range of virtually every one of my survivors to lob them - and that means two M-24, two machine guns, three tridents and a bulldog, all shooting at the same target at the same time.

You do the math.

EDIT: Besides this setup is working pretty well for zombie defense too. I can almost always hold all the zombies off while using no traps, getting no survivors incapacitated or having to repair any barricades.

Edited by Nicol_Djaghilev, 14 April 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Seres69

Seres69
  • 235 posts

http://postimg.org/image/6zvxbx07p/ Can´t post it directly.

Not sure if it´s raider proof yet... And no, I don´t want a free test.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

Your direct image URL is http://s2.postimg.or...one_Defense.jpg

Dead_Zone_Defense.jpg

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Errrr...if I were you I'd put the fuel generator a bit closer to the towers...no point in leaving it inside the compound if you can easily enter the compound from the side...

Seres69

Seres69
  • 235 posts

Errrr...if I were you I'd put the fuel generator a bit closer to the towers...no point in leaving it inside the compound if you can easily enter the compound from the side...

Which fuel generator? I don´t remember having one of those...

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

I have a question. Can enemies come through the gap between the barricade or barrier and the wharehouse on the left side of the compound? The one on the far left near the burned out car on the road.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: post, compound, setup, layout, defense