Photo

Post Your Compound Setup

post compound setup layout defense

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

I have a question. Can enemies come through the gap between the barricade or barrier and the wharehouse on the left side of the compound? The one on the far left near the burned out car on the road.

which compound are we talking about? But I am pretty sure no one can go through unless it is destroyed. 

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

stg johnny has one set up there.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

my_base.jpg
windows 7 screen shot

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

my_base.jpg
windows 7 screen shot

o no no, I tested that. surviors cant enter there.

Edited by Stg Jonny, 14 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

awesomeness. cuz i was wasting two barricades making and "L" to keep ppl out. Thank You.

massimo_sk

massimo_sk
  • 8 posts

this is mine
http://postimg.org/image/evnka7ehz/
last one who came lost his 5 before he could take one of mine :)
1) corridors in front are irresistible attraction for infected

2) every watchtower has a scout with a mantained paired m-24 with another green upgraded m-24 right close, so before attacker get close enough to shoot, they've taken strong damage

3) on the sides are also 2x m-27 lmgs, to stop any incoming infected

WOW! i got assaulted while writing so here:
http://postimg.org/image/y1t9n9tcp/
you can see the damaeg i take from a lvl 28 infected horde :)

Edited by massimo_sk, 15 April 2013 - 11:34 PM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

this is mine
http://postimg.org/image/evnka7ehz/
last one who came lost his 5 before he could take one of mine :)
1) corridors in front are irresistible attraction for infected

2) every watchtower has a scout with a mantained paired m-24 with another green upgraded m-24 right close, so before attacker get close enough to shoot, they've taken strong damage

3) on the sides are also 2x m-27 lmgs, to stop any incoming infected

WOW! i got assaulted while writing so here:
http://postimg.org/image/y1t9n9tcp/
you can see the damaeg i take from a lvl 28 infected horde :)

This kind of defense can be easily raided by most of the people. Your defense is separated into part and can be taken down one by one using LOS. They may be good for zombies, but not for raider.

BTW, if you want to post picture, you can use BB code. If you don't know how to do it, you can check OP or simply use the button "show code" at the bottom of your image hosting website.

Edited by GravityZero, 16 April 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

I got 3 people at each corner right next to the roads with a watchtower

2 people in 2 groups futher up roughly near where the two side enterences are except again nest to the road.

Barricades and a wiretrap for the entry. Bulldogs on 9 fighters and a unique scar for leader.

Nobody can defeat my set up. Well because I got a white flag. ;)

I do mop up over 60K in XP with every horde though and over 500 kills for the 250K kill achievment.

I've been tempted to move things to a anti PvAI set up and nail the doomsbringer achievment by sending out 10 guys with melee for a 2 second visit but it takes way to long and it smacks of effort.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts
coumpound1.jpg

I have 1 guy in each tower and the other 5 are corner camping inside. Im only lvl 12 so no good weapons yet tho.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

dont know if i should put more ppl outside or not?

Edited by SnuggleNugget, 19 April 2013 - 05:57 PM.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts
compound2.jpg

This is the other side. traps and stuff to wound. corner campers inside with shotties.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

[image used to be here]

This is the other side. traps and stuff to wound. corner campers inside with shotties.

umm, wouldn't the bottom tower be very vulnerable to fire from below/below right? If I remember correctly there is a dumpster or something in that corner, looks like an easy spot to snipe your tower sentry from...I would move it near the central door to the compound, and just let the corner-campers pick off whatever breaks its way into the gates...hell I would even remove the gates on your right side, anything that gets through the traps will instantly die anyway, whether zed or raider...

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 20 April 2013 - 02:48 AM.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts
compund3.jpg

this better Sandro or closer to middle? 
at lvl my enemies wont have anything to reach me, will they?

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Lol in general you don't want them snug side by side to avoid getting blown apart by a single grenade and suppressed by a single rifle, but you want as much overlap in the fields of view of your snipers (towers) as possible to be able to retaliate an attack as a group and be able to actually kill someone before the enemy medic patches them back up. So yea, I would still move the 2 side towers closer to the middle tower.

...Oh, and you shouldn't listen to me at all anymore, I just bought the white flag XD

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 20 April 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

http://img5.imagesha.../mycompound.jpg  

guys, can you please comment on mine? 

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

http://img5.imagesha.../mycompound.jpg  

guys, can you please comment on mine? 

mycompound.jpg

Should I assume all your defense force are located on the right side of the compound where the towers are. If that is the case, it is extremely easy to get to FUEL generator by using a series of smoke grenade to block of the door way.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Should I assume all your defense force are located on the right side of the compound where the towers are. If that is the case, it is extremely easy to get to FUEL generator by using a series of smoke grenade to block of the door way.

+1, the fuel gen should ideally be right at the base of the towers. It's your most valuable building and the most important target for raiders.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

Lol in general you don't want them snug side by side to avoid getting blown apart by a single grenade and suppressed by a single rifle, but you want as much overlap in the fields of view of your snipers (towers) as possible to be able to retaliate an attack as a group and be able to actually kill someone before the enemy medic patches them back up. So yea, I would still move the 2 side towers closer to the middle tower.

...Oh, and you shouldn't listen to me at all anymore, I just bought the white flag XD

lol Ill rearrange when my towers finish upgrading. LOL on the white flag! Can white flags be looted?

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts
mycompound.jpg

i feel this is more secure. also im able to put a few sportshot rifles up there now. and one inside.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts
mycompound.jpg

i feel this is more secure. also im able to put a few sportshot rifles up there now. and one inside.

the only real entry points are the sides and those are heavily guarded inside

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: post, compound, setup, layout, defense