http://img687.images.../mycompound.jpg

how about now?

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

http://img687.images.../mycompound.jpg

how about now?

mycompound.jpg

It seems pretty good to me, if I would be raider (not a good one though), I would start taking out the flag near the ammor storage. The move on to two barricades and then finally to the towers.

Please be reminded that one or two tower can be take out easily by using grenade through the wall depending on the grenade they use. Try to place people where possible attacking point have red or no cover at all.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

mycompound.jpg

i feel this is more secure. also im able to put a few sportshot rifles up there now. and one inside.

the only real entry points are the sides and those are heavily guarded inside

I would start from the right side, taking out the first tower and then move to second tower and third tower. I assume the flag inside the compound are assigned with survivors. If that is the case, they can easily be killed dropped grenade from outside the compound and kill through the wall. that way take out the first flag from the right side. and the same way for another flag on the left side, inside the compound. the rest will be taken out using LOS but may be a bit riskier then loot whatever I can and leave.

thekillergreece

thekillergreece
  • 111 posts

image.jpg

1.Please tell me any weakness!

2.Every watchtower are assigned survivors who have Sniper rifles with longest range

3.Some barricades that are near watchtowers are assigned with survivors who use machine guns.

4.Automatic turrets inside, as well as traps.

So who dares to attack my compound?

EDIT: Aw it doesnt show big pic. Clicking it, will show you big pic..

Edited by thekillergreece, 21 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

image.jpg

1.Please tell me any weakness!

2.Every watchtower are assigned survivors who have Sniper rifles with longest range

3.Some barricades that are near watchtowers are assigned with survivors who use machine guns.

4.Automatic turrets inside, as well as traps.

So who dares to attack my compound?

EDIT: Aw it doesnt show big pic. Clicking it, will show you big pic..

I assume your force are distributed 3-4-3 according to your setup. So if I drop off on the right side of the compound, I would definite overpower your since it will be 5v3 with healing from enemy side. once the right side of your defense is down I can take down middle tower or the most left side barricade through two doors from right side. get into compound, throw a few grenade and kill most of survivor through the wall since the grenade blast can go through the wall. by that way the raider should be able to take out most of your survivors and loot everything.

May be like this. Well there might be better way to attack too. I might be fail to kill your survivors in the process.

ThekillergreeceAttackPlan-2.png

Edited by GravityZero, 21 April 2013 - 04:49 PM.

thekillergreece

thekillergreece
  • 111 posts

I assume your force are distributed 3-4-3 according to your setup. So if I drop off on the right side of the compound, I would definite overpower your since it will be 5v3 with healing from enemy side. once the right side of your defense is down I can take down middle tower or the most left side barricade through two doors from right side. get into compound, throw a few grenade and kill most of survivor through the wall since the grenade blast can go through the wall. by that way the raider should be able to take out most of your survivors and loot everything.

Sniper will wipe your survivors before they could wipe the barricades, also the survivors defenders EVEN shoot your survivors in no range, only if you hit them on long range.No matter what. And a few traps could kill your survivors..

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

Sniper will wipe your survivors before they could wipe the barricades, also the survivors defenders EVEN shoot your survivors in no range, only if you hit them on long range.No matter what. And a few traps could kill your survivors..

I updated above post. Sure one might die once I spawn bcoz your superior range and first blood. but if attacker bring five with m24 and vest, most likely your three will be killed first before you can kill attacker. Once the first three are killed, the rest is easy. 

And don't forget, use eng with recon or grenade can disarm your traps. they will most likely bring 8 grenade and 2 smoke which are more than enough.

Edited by GravityZero, 21 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Shaun

Shaun
  • 40 posts

I don't like any of the defenses that has your survivors spread around your compound. It's too easy to isolate and kill, especially since that setup has already done most of the isolation for an attacker. For instance, putting a tower in front of each of the three doors. They are one of the easiest setups to wipe out. 

I mean, when we drop in with 5 people, you are starting with less defenders than I have attacking, in that particular area. You've already given me an advantage, especially since the attacker gets the bonus of choosing who to suppress. If three of my attackers can suppress three of your defenders, who is to stop me from having a free survivor or two run around the outskirts to toss a couple grenades in? Or, just have the other two fire on them directly. I just find the grenades can clear a little faster. After that, an attacker is free to suppress the next area and repeat the process.

This is directed at people like thekillergreece and Johnny, and whoever else has followed that style.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

i re-instituted mine, so...  no longer i have them on the post, but on the barricades. usually i go see find out, in a zombie attack, you cn see i spawn killed them. 

give me the average survivor's health and i guarantee you, they're gone in.. either two or 4 hits. this gives me enough time to stop them from running to cover.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

This is my setup, only destroyed once since there are no defenders at the time of attack, nevertheless, it survived all other attacks. Traps are inside the compound, if they try to enter, they could have a problem, they will have a hard time throwing a grenade inside, why? The survivors near the gate can kill them if they go out in the open, all moderate cover buildings are near my defenders, why? So the attackers can't use those as a cover, I protected the moderate cover buildings with low cover defenses so before they can use the moderate ones, they need to destroy it first, which means they are a big target. History of defense was 3 straight attacks because I was on the bounty list, and 4 more other attacks from the neighbor.
CompoundSetup_zps06ad845f.png

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

This is my setup, only destroyed once since there are no defenders at the time of attack, nevertheless, it survived all other attacks. Traps are inside the compound, if they try to enter, they could have a problem, they will have a hard time throwing a grenade inside, why? The survivors near the gate can kill them if they go out in the open, all moderate cover buildings are near my defenders, why? So the attackers can't use those as a cover, I protected the moderate cover buildings with low cover defenses so before they can use the moderate ones, they need to destroy it first, which means they are a big target. History of defense was 3 straight attacks because I was on the bounty list, and 4 more other attacks from the neighbor.
CompoundSetup_zps06ad845f.png

This is actually really good setup. I am also thinking to change to this kind of setup in the future. If I see this kind of setup, I don't even bother attacking them unless they have less than 10 peoples. Nice one, Rain.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

Follow Mother's example. 

He really is a great tip expert.     :)

I owe it to him.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

bout to switch to rains setup. 

who is mother?

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

This is my setup, only destroyed once since there are no defenders at the time of attack, nevertheless, it survived all other attacks. Traps are inside the compound, if they try to enter, they could have a problem, they will have a hard time throwing a grenade inside, why? The survivors near the gate can kill them if they go out in the open, all moderate cover buildings are near my defenders, why? So the attackers can't use those as a cover, I protected the moderate cover buildings with low cover defenses so before they can use the moderate ones, they need to destroy it first, which means they are a big target. History of defense was 3 straight attacks because I was on the bounty list, and 4 more other attacks from the neighbor

More info for my set up, the defenders are in their separate barricades, there are atleast 5 survivors defending each side, spawn in the front of the defense, and you're dead. I placed the traps inside the compound because smart raiders know that if you attack from the inside, not every defender can shoot the attacker, traps are covering each other, fail to disarm the trap, you could be dead. One more thing, my beds are near my defenders, before the attackers can use the beds as cover, they must disarm the traps or they're dead.

thekillergreece

thekillergreece
  • 111 posts

I updated above post. Sure one might die once I spawn bcoz your superior range and first blood. but if attacker bring five with m24 and vest, most likely your three will be killed first before you can kill attacker. Once the first three are killed, the rest is easy. 

And don't forget, use eng with recon or grenade can disarm your traps. they will most likely bring 8 grenade and 2 smoke which are more than enough.

Recons are mostly useless survivors on defending that I replaced them...

BenderD

BenderD
  • 1 posts

hi

im only lvl 17 i saw a video on youtube, where som1 had this kind of defence, it worked well so far, unless some higher lvl players come across. so what can i improve here, or should i entirely change it?

compound.jpg

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

hi

im only lvl 17 i saw a video on youtube, where som1 had this kind of defence, it worked well so far, unless some higher lvl players come across. so what can i improve here, or should i entirely change it?

compound.jpg

It may be good for that level but I think it is a ok defense, firstly, two towers can be taken out easily. then one by one using LOS block. There is no traps at all? it is good to build and place them around.

Remember, LOS is key here and don't put people where 5 enemies can shoot you and only one or two can shoot back.

Edited by GravityZero, 26 April 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Gaskar

Gaskar
  • 7 posts

EDIT: For some reason, wont show my pics when I post, so nevermind.

Edited by Gaskar, 26 April 2013 - 03:12 AM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

EDIT: For some reason, wont show my pics when I post, so nevermind.

well, even you can't post pic, you can still post the link and ask for opinions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: post, compound, setup, layout, defense