48 replies to this topic

Maruse

Maruse
  • 781 posts

Please con buff water drop.

prolav

prolav
  • 13 posts

This really wasn't about buffing water drops. They were fine before the event and still are except for large supermarkets. Something has changed in them. While I understand forests are great for water, not all accounts are level 50+ to unlock them.

Edited by prolav, 14 November 2017 - 12:25 AM.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 266 posts

Con dont ignore this people are kinda done with the low rate water is found

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. Can I get some player levels with this to let me know where the drops are scarce?

During the event, they were buffed due to the Halloween items, other than that, there's been no changes to the locations or the loottable, so I'm not sure how you're seeing the variance other than that. They have always been a bit more scarce than food, but that's by design.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 266 posts

Level 60

Rarity of water in maps, everywhere except 1 version of the large supermarket the one with the water units in the back

Amount of water found in pretty much every other map is below 20 with some rare exceptions

Amount of water avarage per random 10 autos around 100-150 so thats an avarage of 10-15 per map

is this enough data for you con

and yes there are alot more food items in the game then the water items but a city also have soft drinks beers emergency water rations things like that

Well a bit is a 'bit' of an understatement i can get like 400 food per 10 autos so a bit means roughly 75%

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 15 November 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts

Level 60

Rarity of water in maps, everywhere except 1 version of the large supermarket the one with the water units in the back

Amount of water found in pretty much every other map is below 20 with some rare exceptions

Amount of water avarage per random 10 autos around 100-150 so thats an avarage of 10-15 per map

is this enough data for you con

and yes there are alot more food items in the game then the water items but a city also have soft drinks beers emergency water rations things like that

Well a bit is a 'bit' of an understatement i can get like 400 food per 10 autos so a bit means roughly 75%

Ok, so in your case it sounds like it might be an issue with the locations available at the top end. I'll have to take a look at the loot locations in those 56+ suburbs.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 266 posts

Ok, so in your case it sounds like it might be an issue with the locations available at the top end. I'll have to take a look at the loot locations in those 56+ suburbs.

Well con if im tasking im also doing all levels i can do until about level 30 the water drops are about the same for each kind of area its not just the level +56 areas although i can use more Military Dock areas if youre so nice to add those :3

Thanks for replying though :)

trash

trash
  • 11 posts

Ran some autos again for more data. Player level 60, Mission success rate all Very High, only Large Supermarkets:

South Harbor - West, Lv. 58: 75 food, 6 water
Meadow View - West, Lv. 56: 97 food, 3 water
Green Plains, Lv. 52: 88 food, 10 water
Uptown, Lv. 48: 80 food, 35 water
Newtown East, Lv. 47: 76 food, 3 water
Alton, Lv. 46: 91 food, 0 water
The Bricks, Lv. 45: 97 food, 3 water
West Bricks, Lv. 43: 83 food, 6 water
Newtown, Lv. 41: 66 food, 20 water
Newtown West, Lv. 39: 44 food, 7 water
Canal Park, Lv. 37: 109 food, 22 water
Canal Park South, Lv. 35: 91 food, 20 water
Brookvale Banks, Lv. 33: 69 food, 8 water (east), 96 food, 12 water (west)
Pinedale, Lv. 31: 85 food, 6 water
Brookvale South, Lv. 28: 64 food, 7 water
Brookvale East, Lv. 25: 78 food, 21 water
Brookvale West, Lv. 23: 100 food, 7 water
Brookvale North, Lv. 21: 53 food, 8 water(east), 64 food, 14 water (east-central), 101 food, 16 water (west-central)

prolav

prolav
  • 13 posts

lg supermarkets. all levels. I know water is more scarce, but never in almost 6 years have I seen 0-5 so often

prolav

prolav
  • 13 posts

I am by no means a programmer, but it seems like the event items replaced some of the normal water drops. When event items were removed, the regular water drops never replaced them? just a guess

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 87 posts
It seems that food tasks have become a bit easier

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts

Awesome, thanks for the data all. 

I'm adding something with today's maintenance which will help a bit (in the meantime): 4 more levels for your Water Collectors. It should help take a small part of the load off looting.

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 53 posts

I prefer direct adjustment on the drop rate of water...

Upgrading water collectors is not really able to uproot the insufficiency in water,,,As we still need to wait it to refill.

Slightly increase in water drop rate sound more addressing to this issues than the upgrade. We need many water for completing the war task. If the water drop rate can be increased, the water donor would be less exhausting when you need to find 10-20k water for your task. While you can send many mission if you got the DMU

By the way, still thank for the water collector upgrade, it still able to fulfill our daily need of water. But we just need more water to deal with the task.

Edited by Hakusai, 20 November 2017 - 02:40 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts

Water has ALWAYS been scarce. 

The reason I'm not just jumping the drop rate up is for a couple of reasons:

1. The drop rates are HIGHLY accelerated during the events due to the types of items that drop. Coming off that, it can feel like there's less, it's because there is.

2. The drop rates on the water items HAS NOT changed. I compared directly the loottables from 6 months ago and the drop chances are identical for the water items. 

3. As I said, it's always been rare, if you look back - I'm pretty sure we get this type of discussion after each Christmas / Halloween event.

** BUT ** With all of that said, I'm looking at the overall data, it just takes a bit of time to compare all the data points. There are a lot of factors, such as new items being added that affect the overall scarcity and drop rates of items. It could be that the expansion and previous sets of items may have pushed the randomness a bit further.

Currently water has very specific drop locations that could be expanded to help with the problem, I'm looking at that too.

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts

I should also just mention, the water "requirements" you guys have for War Tasks far exceeds the normal usage, that's by design. 

If you're having trouble donating enough water, possibly expand your alliances? Or is this still problematic at the fuller end of the alliance scale?

By increasing the drop rates, it affects the whole game. If it's just a problem for Alliances, the smarter design would be to lower the War Task requirements for Water. 

Baselab

Baselab
  • 25 posts

I should also just mention, the water "requirements" you guys have for War Tasks far exceeds the normal usage, that's by design. 

If you're having trouble donating enough water, possibly expand your alliances? Or is this still problematic at the fuller end of the alliance scale?

By increasing the drop rates, it affects the whole game. If it's just a problem for Alliances, the smarter design would be to lower the War Task requirements for Water. 

You're forgetting that war tasks get harder the bigger the alliance so the "solution" of expanding the alliance is pretty much useless since the same problem would remain.

Also, you seem to just focus on the problems alliances are having with their water task but... what about allianceless players? They too are experiencing the scarcity of water in DZ. It's not just alliances related issue, it happens to everyone.

You don't want to just increase the drop rate? Fine, it's your game after all but I'd like to know, as pretty sure 99% of us, the reason behind making food/water drop rates so uneven. In such a big city surrounded by rivers/sea everywhere (or are those bridges just a decoy?) ... and yet we scavenge 3x-4x times food than water. It makes no sense.

Jamesie

Jamesie
  • 12 posts

Dear CON,

Every member in JVT alliance is complaining about the lack of water found. We have had no issues like this in the alliance and normally blitz the water task. This round looks like we will be abandoning it for the first time since the alliance was created, SOMETHING has changed. Listen to the people please CON

Did some more digging. Prior to this issue I was looting approx 40 water per auto. Its now between 0 and 10 per auto

Edited by Jamesie, 21 November 2017 - 06:17 PM.

prolav

prolav
  • 13 posts

As was previously stated, this was not about buffing water drops. They are normal for me, except large supermarkets. After more testing, my 2nd go to has always been large offices and they are dropping the same as always. Around 300 per 10 autos. Before the event, Large supermarkets were always a little higher than that, 350-400 per 10 autos. Since the removal of event items, large supermarkets are only averaging 80-100 per 10 autos. Imho, the problem is in the large supermarkets. Please take a look at them con, something has drastically changed in them.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

Dear CON,

Every member in JVT alliance is complaining about the lack of water found. We have had no issues like this in the alliance and normally blitz the water task. This round looks like we will be abandoning it for the first time since the alliance was created, SOMETHING has changed. Listen to the people please CON

Did some more digging. Prior to this issue I was looting approx 40 water per auto. Its now between 0 and 10 per auto

If you're having problems with water donations, then you're not doing the correct missions. 

Right now, we're not even 24 hours into the war and more than half of the water donations of my alliance is completed. 

Out of 32 members, 18 donated water, 14 has not donated yet. Despite the lack of donations, we're over 50% completed.

It's not really hard to get water. 

Even the survivor request requiring 200 ish water can be done within 10-15 minutes.

As con said, water drops have always been lowered. There seem to be a problem with the supermarkets, as mentioned by prolav, but not with the rest of the water drops.

If my alliance can do more than half of the water donations in under a day while having 14/32 that are not donating, it's not that hard.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 678 posts

You're forgetting that war tasks get harder the bigger the alliance so the "solution" of expanding the alliance is pretty much useless since the same problem would remain

Just a note here: I remember reading somewhere that task requirements per player (that is, the total amount of a donation divided by the number of players in the alliance) would be higher in small-size alliances than in those with a larger number of players, to discourage "one man alliances". If so, Con's suggestion would actually apply.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Lana Woo, 21 November 2017 - 08:57 PM.