Photo

A Few Much Needed Features!

suggestion feedback idea ideas feature features vote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ohtacaro

Ohtacaro
  • 4 posts

Complaining about server issues repeatedly doesn't really help anything. So, instead I'm going to take this time to suggest a few features that would greatly enhance game-play in general. If Con gets time to implement anything, I would do these before dding more areas, items, events, etcetera.

Please UP-VOTE this topic if you agree, or REPLY with your own ideas! FOLLOW this topic to find out what Con ultimately decides!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 FIND CONTAINERS [Yay: 5 Nay: 2]

-A hotkey/icon you press that highlights all containers on a level that still haven't been raided.

This feature would be extremely useful as many times you end up running down the clock while looking for the last containers. You have plenty of time to scavenge, yet you don't get the xp or items because you can't find them.

#2 CONSECUTIVE RAIDING/HEALING [Yay: 5 Nay: 0]

-A hotkey you hold down while clicking on containers to cue them for your scavenger or medic.

With this hotkey, you can select a survivor, then cue them to heal multiple people or scavenge multiple containers. This would be especially helpful on large maps when you must move your team all over the place.

#3 SORT BY CONTENTS (Metal, Wood, Cloth) [Yay: 5 Nay: 0]

-A sorting drop-down option (like quality) that sorts items (specifically junk) by what materials you'll acquire when recycling them.

This will be extremely helpful when searching large inventories to see if you have enough junk to get the materials you need for a building or craft.

#4 GROUP SELECT [Yay: 3 Nay: 3]

Suggested by AHA9082 https://disqus.com/b...bb8336779a31cd/

-A hotkey or click and drag that allows you to select multiple survivors.

This would be especially useful when starting off a level, instead of picking one survivor to send into the fray, send them all! Need to get out of the map quick? Hotkey everyone and send them to the safe zone!

#5 SELECT ALL BUTTON FOR RECYCLER [Yay: 2 Nay: 0]

-Adds a select all button to the recycler so you can easily select all poor items, common, level 1-23, etcetera.

"It would let us click all the grey or green items right away instead of going through 20-30 pages of new items on the recycler like most of the DMU players have to do after 20 minutes of autos."

Edited by Ohtacaro, 14 November 2017 - 05:06 AM.

cesar

cesar
  • 98 posts

i actually have problems scavenging for the last containers, just come back from a raid from prison and again its the same thing, cant find the last container and i couldn't get the points for the alliance war and its really annoying

Ivan

Ivan
  • 570 posts

GROUP SELECT - it is not an option on purpose, individual survivor control and managing the group that way is a challenge intended by the devs. You can use number hotkeys to select and move survivors very quickly, when you get used to it and after practice you will be able to achieve almost the same effect as if the whole group was selectable by one hotkey.

I would say that non-highlighted containers fall into same category as above. After a dozen or less plays of the same map, you know them by heart anyway.

Ohtacaro

Ohtacaro
  • 4 posts

GROUP SELECT - it is not an option on purpose, individual survivor control and managing the group that way is a challenge intended by the devs. You can use number hotkeys to select and move survivors very quickly, when you get used to it and after practice you will be able to achieve almost the same effect as if the whole group was selectable by one hotkey.

I would say that non-highlighted containers fall into same category as above. After a dozen or less plays of the same map, you know them by heart anyway.

I see your point with group select and personally have no problems with it. Highlighted containers on the other hand I am very much for. I don't have time enough in a map to play I spy while also trying to strategically fight off hordes of infected. I like the fact that you're not guaranteed to find everything because of the time limit, but being forced to leave simply because you can't find the last one or two containers is simply frustrating (especially when you're color blind...). 

Now, if it were added as a mission book that automatically highlights all containers, I'd feel that would be an acceptable compromise.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 60 posts

I personally think the group select isn't really the idea, it would hurt people when raiding and it takes less than 2 seconds to more your your survivors using the hotkeys anyway. I don't see that as a problem.

I think highlighting the containers wouldn't be necessary either, the devs added a counter last year and you already get an indication of a container when you hover your mouse over it. However, it's a cool idea, I just don't see it being worth it.

The consecutive scavenging sounds good on paper, but it sounds like moving your survivor once the sequence started might show some difficulties. If the devs work around it though, it would be alright.

As for sorting the inventory better, that would be extremely useful. It helps people who are spam clicking for resources, which some does often when filling their generator. It would also make it much easier for low level people who are starting to build their base up. Another thing they could add would be a sort section while using the recycler, the same as the inventory. It would let us click all the grey or green items right away instead of going through 20-30 pages of new items on the recycler like most of the DMU players have to do after 20 minutes of autos.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 50 posts
The highlighting items that are scavable would be an amazing addition to the game since most of the time I spend 2 minutes looking for that last box or item to scavenge and it's just not there. The rest of the things just seem unnecessary. this is just my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, feedback, idea, ideas, feature, features, vote