Photo

Bounties

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,718 posts

POPULAR

I guess this should be finally addressed, but as they stand infected bounties seem painful at the moment. And its affecting my gameplay, in that i'm not actually doing much of it any more, and I get the impression i'm not alone.

At lvl 60 the last thing I want is to be slugged down chasing 200 walkers in somewhere like Bricks West. I don't want to be there. There's no Xp and the uniques these days will be pointless. So it's a turn off to the game. And running auto after auto because actual gameplay has become pointless = game death if i'm honest.

Haven't run an island for ages given they are so unrewarding (at lvl 60) so my beloved Deadzone seems be like staring at my bathroom wall. 

This is genuine critique, not flame. :) 

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 525 posts

I seem to be abandoning my infected bounties due to getting areas that have no XP and are under lvl 50. Even  when completing the infected bounties it seem like a waste of time with the rewards most of the times. even Brookvale North is crazy for the amounts of infected it asks to kill.

X3R0N

X3R0N
  • 2 posts
Thank you,finally someone who made a post such as this,I was thinking of making one soon,the bounty boxes definitely are not worth anything,waste of time,from my last 5 bounty boxes I got only common useless clothing, a bad weapon,some nades and then more clothing or a common kit

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Even with the new content, I'm really starting to loose my interest in the game overall. I've been only running autos as of late, and not even bothering with bounties. Bounties, the terror dome, and elite infected are all taking my interest away. 

Zombies are either very easy to kill, or really difficult (for example a level 59 unique riot elite), and there's no fine middle ground. In the case of bounties, sometimes there are too many to kill, or too little. Imo, this expansion update should have been held until the rest of the content came out, and I really wish that the update had brought some changes to things that we've all been complaining about for a good while, such as bounties.

I almost forgot AI compounds, which are borderline pointless and only serve as the most basic practice, but even then at higher levels they don't do this as compound layouts completely change from a player's layout.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 523 posts

At lvl 60 the last thing I want is to be slugged down chasing 200 walkers in somewhere like Bricks West. I don't want to be there. There's no Xp and the uniques these days will be pointless. So it's a turn off to the game.

Indeed. There's no reason why a level 60 player should go to a bounty in an area 18 levels lower.

Zombies are either very easy to kill, or really difficult (for example a level 59 unique riot elite), and there's no fine middle ground.

I agree with this. I would prefer a concept like the EXO soldiers from this Halloween (fast and dangerous, but with low health) over an Elite that takes a lot of time to kill and prevents you from doing anything else in the meantime, and that if it appears in a closed area (security building?) it often means it's time to drop the mission.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 199 posts

what ive noticed that the only elites im getting are the 'unique' riot type and no more 'rare' or diffrent 'unique' ones

and yeah island is not worth doing at all the rewards are mostly crap and level 51 uniques which nobody is using anymore

And the flavor af crap you get from the bounties is crazy too why i need so many hoodies ? in the past getting clothing was a rare oddity now its getting in the spam factor

Ivan

Ivan
  • 570 posts

Really needs attention, upvoted.

Wurstl

Wurstl
  • 220 posts

None of these new lvl60 PVE guns make sense as long as manuals (bounty/island) are useless.

CAG, please screw your next update whatever it is and do bugfixes only and overthink the game!. Stop adding new stuff which makes no sense you are only wasting programming time. For lvl60s: Bounties and Island were the main looting activities for PVE players until last update. Now you took them their motivation to play the action part of the game. All they got left is clicking automissions, recycling, trade window, inventory pictures and drama, but most of them dont play drama because it's too PVP. 

Fix those damn values for the levels ffs

plz

Ivan

Ivan
  • 570 posts

Another thing that will probably go unnoticed is downgraded island haul rewards. Not even the main issue presented in OP has been adressed so i dont expect much.

Hauls are filled with upgrade tokens, grade 4 and grade 5. Of course we are talking about 0 usability green,blue and purple tokens.

So island has 0 chance to get you anything usable while you play it and scavenge containers on its maps.

It has next to 0 chance to reward you with uni upgrade token,fuel or prem/herc key (fuel sometimes still drops).

So basically we are supposed to play it for a small chance to get a usable lvl56 uni in that one slot of the haul. Since the game doesnt offer much in terms of gameplay for an experienced lvl60 player if you take out the island (as others have pointed out) what are we supposed to do?

Mind you that every voice here translates into thousands of players who are playing this game not bothered with giving feedback or being part of community. When the state of the game is sad, as it is, people will leave, both those who are quiet and those who try to help.

One more time your ideas about the game clash with the reality of people who play it daily. If you did the same you would understand your mistake and would never do it in the first place.

Hope that changes.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

The island rewards are extremely varied. Either you get a herc mine cap (really?), a t shirt, a useless blue crafting kit, or a premium key.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,173 posts

This seems oddly familiar....

I wonder why

I like Con, and normally I think he does a great job, but this is one area where he's really dropped the ball.

Infected bounties were absurd almost a year and half ago (when I posted that thread) -- they're even more absurd now.

We could force it to be a smaller suburb level below the player level and that is it, no buffer, no randomization. But that would mean the same areas are coming up in everyone's bounties.

Pretty Please?  If have to name my firstborn after you I'll consider it...mostly kidding about that...

Con

Con
  • 4,141 posts

Hey all, I'm looking at this this week. First steps will be to just flatten the requirements right down. We've had 2 level expansions since they first went in, so it's definitely needed to bring those numbers down. The system is clearly based off level, so that's why it's blown out so much.

As you mentioned, how far back the bounties go in terms of area requirements. We had a look a this a while back, but it caused serious problems (breaking peoples games) so we'll see how it goes. It might end up taking a restructure of how the bounty system works, most likely resulting in far less random area selection.

Con

Con
  • 4,141 posts

Also, we spent some time thinking about the Island loot levels being off today. Found a bug where the new items weren't being added into the loot list, working on a fix now, should be up soon.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 523 posts

Hey all, I'm looking at this this week. First steps will be to just flatten the requirements right down. We've had 2 level expansions since they first went in, so it's definitely needed to bring those numbers down. The system is clearly based off level, so that's why it's blown out so much.

As you mentioned, how far back the bounties go in terms of area requirements. We had a look a this a while back, but it caused serious problems (breaking peoples games) so we'll see how it goes. It might end up taking a restructure of how the bounty system works, most likely resulting in far less random area selection.

Since we are on the subject, I'd like to ask: are there "versions" of the Riot zombie that won't count for the bounty in level 56+?

I'm asking because I just did one and I'm positive I killed several of them, both "runners" and "walkers", that were not counted. I didn't killed enough of them to see any pattern, but I do remember that all the ones who were counted seem to be "walkers", although several of the walkers were also missed from the count.

I haven't noticed this happening with any other zombie type, but still I don't watch most of them closely enough to notice.

Edited by Lana Woo, 18 November 2017 - 07:34 AM.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 130 posts

Lana, I believe it was the New Horizons update that introduced a new infected riot type. These are HERC Riots, and do not count for Riot kills for bounties, but only when the bounty specifies HERC riots. They have a more greenish suit, have the words 'HERC' written on their armor, and, as per your experience, they do have the ability to run unlike normal riots

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 523 posts

Got it.

Thanks Pro_Tyle :)