Question For Cag

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 217 posts

Hey con,

I got a question ive always wanted to ask you but you never told me the answer,

Why don't some items have an unique verison too ? I think i would be really a hype under the players to get an unique Pocket knife for example. So i'm curious why did you never add them ? I know some items are kinda obsolete in the game but for me as an veteran player it would be very very VERY refreshing to see some items unique that i never saw unique for example the unique scavaging gloves that were added with the Lucky update or the rare ammo pouches. I know there are many players that would really like an unique guitar for example. I'm a huge fan of the cricket bat and would absolutely love an unique version of it :D heck if it has an infected counter i would extremly like it haha.

I look forward on your reply Con this question kept me bothered  for quite  a long time so i hope i can get a definitive answer regarding it

Thanks Con for the many years you kept me enjoyed with the game :D

Cheers RainbowDash_Love

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 16 November 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

It was always a kind of quality choice that I made. Is this item "cool" enough or worthy of having a Unique and Rare versions. 

Looking back on it, I can see where it might be fun to do versions of things like the guitar and cricket bat. They're reaaaaally simple to switch on Unique and Rare flags for (literally one extra line of data), so it's something we can do for sure. 

If you all give me a list of items you'd like to see as Uniques and Rares, I might make a poll and see what we can put together.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

Since you're here con,

Would it be possible to make island haul rewards strictly level 56, and bump the levels of island missions to over level 55?

Most of the level 60 players either don't bother doing island since it's a waste of time to scav the containers, and the haul is mostly level 51.

We always saw island as a fun thing to do everyday but since the max lvl was raised to 60, most players have nothing to gain from getting level 51 guns and gear.

The ideal solution would be to have all hauls at 56 once someone reaches level 60, and raise the level of each maps by 5. It would make it much more enjoyable for all the level 60 players out there.

It would be sort of a island upgrade when someone reaches 60. At level 50-59, it could stay the same, or even bump it up if you don't mind.

Infected bounty is also an issue, for level 60 players, it's not really fun to have to kill 200 walkers and 200 runners on missions before level 55. We have to just sit there for 7 minutes stacking kills and most of us don't scavenge since it will reduce our chances to obtain usable unis.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

guitar

YES!!

Since you're here con,

Would it be possible to make island haul rewards strictly level 56, and bump the levels of island missions to over level 55?

Most of the level 60 players either don't bother doing island since it's a waste of time to scav the containers, and the haul is mostly level 51.

We always saw island as a fun thing to do everyday but since the max lvl was raised to 60, most players have nothing to gain from getting level 51 guns and gear.

The ideal solution would be to have all hauls at 56 once someone reaches level 60, and raise the level of each maps by 5. It would make it much more enjoyable for all the level 60 players out there.

It would be sort of a island upgrade when someone reaches 60. At level 50-59, it could stay the same, or even bump it up if you don't mind.

Maybe it'll seem crazy, but I wouldn't like to see that. Level 51-55 uniques (and in fact, almost all uniques) got their importance greatly reduced after the Island came out, because they were too easy to obtain. I feel that, if the Island Haul is strictly level 56, the new weapons will soon lose their attractiveness. I felt that the increase of the level cap was a good way to leave behind that unique over-abundance and have some really valuable items again, but still it's just my opinion.

Infected bounty is also an issue, for level 60 players, it's not really fun to have to kill 200 walkers and 200 runners on missions before level 55. We have to just sit there for 7 minutes stacking kills and most of us don't scavenge since it will reduce our chances to obtain usable unis.

Con is already working on it:

Hey all, I'm looking at this this week. First steps will be to just flatten the requirements right down. We've had 2 level expansions since they first went in, so it's definitely needed to bring those numbers down. The system is clearly based off level, so that's why it's blown out so much.

As you mentioned, how far back the bounties go in terms of area requirements. We had a look a this a while back, but it caused serious problems (breaking peoples games) so we'll see how it goes. It might end up taking a restructure of how the bounty system works, most likely resulting in far less random area selection.

Edited by Lana Woo, 17 November 2017 - 03:58 AM.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 217 posts

It was always a kind of quality choice that I made. Is this item "cool" enough or worthy of having a Unique and Rare versions. 

Looking back on it, I can see where it might be fun to do versions of things like the guitar and cricket bat. They're reaaaaally simple to switch on Unique and Rare flags for (literally one extra line of data), so it's something we can do for sure. 

If you all give me a list of items you'd like to see as Uniques and Rares, I might make a poll and see what we can put together.

The list will mostly contain really low level uniques since those dont have an unique version some do have an rare version ill post every item that dont have an unique version in the game yet.

Pocket Knife

Kitchen Knife

Hockey Stick

Cricket Bat

Manning .22

Lawson .22

Tauron 9mm

Guitar

Shovel

Large Hammer

Baton

Lead Pipe

Sickle

First Aid Bag

Ammonution Pouch

Hand Wraps

Ammo mods (Maybe its time for an re-release since the new armors are kinda op and the ammo mods arent really op anymore)

Shoes

Weapon Cleaning tools

Gardening Gloves

Medical Bag

Trap Tools

Slugs

Tracer Rounds

Magazines low and high level versions

Maybe also make the tonfa blade lootable to fill the level 43-50 melee level gap ?

And no i dont want to see glasses unique

Pretty much i want to see everything with his or her unique version since that would bring so much more flavor to the game

Cheers and thanks for replying :D

PS could i have the first unique Cricket bat :3

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 17 November 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 46 posts

Dear Zanta,

Manning 22

Lawson 22

both very desirable, but may I suggest the Holy Grail?    Unique Teddy Bear?

if the items are very low level or in the case of Teddy Bear purely totemic they can't upset  the game's balance too much,

the first 3-4 levels are unique-less, I have seen a L3 uni bat but only one.. ever... (you know who you are)

it would be extremely complicated to pass a unique manning 22 to a very low level account with the trading restrictions below L10,  I can't see how it would upset the apple cart,

there are a few junk items that are genuinely rare, football, doormat, doorbell, tap handle for instance,

when I had first started I must have had a very vivid dream and believed for a while there was a junk item 'broken skateboard' and I'd recycled it in ignorance,

it took the good people of chat a while to convince me I was mistaken,

maybe a few more rare junk items might make things a little more interesting : D

please don't say if you add a unique Teddy Bear, I want the excitement of discovery!

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 57 posts
Uni craft ables

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

Uni craft ables

Dear God, no.

ShamishA1

ShamishA1
  • 36 posts

What about Level 1 Improvised Boxes. We still can't find them anywhere because those boxes have some level restrictions.

Please add those level 1/2 improvised boxes in hauls , Bounty boxes and TD Boxes :)

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

The last thing we want is more crap in my bounty crate or island haul.

It's already hard enough to get decent stuff out of them, no need to add lvl 1 and 2 improv boxes.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 73 posts

Fully agreed, it's hard enough as it is to get a decent bounty or haul. Very few players have use for low level improvized melee

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 368 posts

I always wanted the unique guitars. 

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 217 posts

were diverting from the subject this is not about haul or improvised boxes

So @Con

Are you going to poll the items ? i hope so i cant wait looting again for an unique Cricket bat :D

I look forward to your reply :)

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 57 posts
Just add uni/rare variants of all the weapons /gears in the game

Hakusai

Hakusai
  • 53 posts

Not really. I still want to add some low level improvised uni into my collection. Adding the low level improvised box into the bounty crates won't be a trouble to me. Other people might want them too.

Well. The boxes is not a real problem. The root reason that everyone complained the bounty is there have way too much hoodies and other cheap clothing. Adding clothing is not that annoying for me, but they are just too much. Reduce the frequency of dropping the clothing and re-balance the dropping rate of other useful stuffs sound more make sense to me. Such as bandage,antiseptic, better nades and other thing.

All we need is balance, the improvised boxes is not the real problem. But the imbalanced dropping rate is.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 601 posts

The list will mostly contain really low level uniques since those dont have an unique version some do have an rare version ill post every item that dont have an unique version in the game yet.

Pocket Knife

Kitchen Knife

Hockey Stick

Cricket Bat

Manning .22

Lawson .22

Tauron 9mm

Guitar

Shovel

Large Hammer

Baton

Lead Pipe

Sickle

First Aid Bag

Ammonution Pouch

Hand Wraps

Ammo mods (Maybe its time for an re-release since the new armors are kinda op and the ammo mods arent really op anymore)

Shoes

Weapon Cleaning tools

Gardening Gloves

Medical Bag

Trap Tools

Slugs

Tracer Rounds

Magazines low and high level versions

Maybe also make the tonfa blade lootable to fill the level 43-50 melee level gap ?

And no i dont want to see glasses unique

Pretty much i want to see everything with his or her unique version since that would bring so much more flavor to the game

Cheers and thanks for replying :D

PS could i have the first unique Cricket bat :3

I would love this so so so much