Photo

Question For Cag

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 265 posts

The tone you talk is not the way you get something done

Who really cares about a bunch of garbage low level unis, just be more ways we can get more lower level unis from level 55+ areas. Seems like a waste of time to me when there's more important things Con could do with the game like literally anything. Maybe the HERC bunkers or something.

Con posted this like you read

It was always a kind of quality choice that I made. Is this item "cool" enough or worthy of having a Unique and Rare versions. 

Looking back on it, I can see where it might be fun to do versions of things like the guitar and cricket bat. They're reaaaaally simple to switch on Unique and Rare flags for (literally one extra line of data), so it's something we can do for sure. 

If you all give me a list of items you'd like to see as Uniques and Rares, I might make a poll and see what we can put together.

Meaning he could and would do since its a small thing to do he has to copy the rare/unique script and add them too the drop table, even i with very little scripting experience can achieve this feat.

I bet it would take a skilled scripter like CAG personel a matter of seconds per item,

Its just a copy paste and put the value for that item to the unique list its not like he has to make images himself due to the way the weapon images and the backgrounds work in this game.

And ive been around for years and many players requested items like uni guitars, these players will go out their way of getting the higher end level weapons, I myself a level 60 player never loots level 60 missions before id do my daily level 5 to level 16 missions. And i know for a fact if you see a Unique Guitar or anything silly like the level 1 pistols on a trade you would go and try to get this from this player because it being an oddity of the ever so repeating high level uniques which i see so many times on trade that it becomes so boring, thats my main reason that i loot low level areas due to the diversity of items, they may not be something youd use on a daily base, but i rather take a level 4 shotty then a level 60 shotty due to me being decked out at high items and see very little ways to improve my gear. So i try to gather fun weapons that i will try to use on missions they are not meant to (heck i can solo level 30 missions with a level 16 LMG due to it being so good) thats quite a feat for them according to you being useless

So con i really hope you will read this and please do this for us collectors it will bring allong so many setups at the lower level missions

Thanks again for the great game im loving it for the past 5 years :)

Cheers RDL

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 62 posts

Your loss then, if you'd rather Con work on more junk unis for us to waste more time trying to find good one to add on to the amount of time it already takes instead of maybe fixing daily bugs we all run into, sure. lol

And yh I can tell con cares based on how much he responds here lol, rainbow had to bump it.

Ok that last bit was the most irrelevant response/comparison.. It's literally nowhere close to equivalent. 

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 62 posts

"Con, on 17 Nov 2017 - 01:00" if it's such a quick task... lol

can't be bothered talking here, thought i'd just chip in since I was bored. 

"And i know for a fact if you see a Unique Guitar or anything silly like the level 1 pistols on a trade you would go and try to get this from this player because it being an oddity of the ever"

I feel the need to confirm I wouldn't, I don't collect anything.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 265 posts

Your loss then, if you'd rather Con work on more junk unis for us to waste more time trying to find good one to add on to the amount of time it already takes instead of maybe fixing daily bugs we all run into, sure. lol

And yh I can tell con cares based on how much he responds here lol, rainbow had to bump it.

Ok that last bit was the most irrelevant response/comparison.. It's literally nowhere close to equivalent. 

How irrelevant you speak wonders me, Con is a human, humans forget things, Con already replied he would do it, people already posted they want these uniques go figure the amount of upvotes my posts get, maybe you dont like them, but you are not the player base.

So i'm merely bumping it to let Con know

So don't bother fake posting things in your second double post which looks like you was typing with rage.

Maybe instead of trashtalking somebody's idea tell me why you think they are junk. If you dont like them dont go loot for them, seriously

There are a bunch of collectors and even non collectors who will want some of the uniques i proposed.

From this point ill start ignoring your posts

Baselab

Baselab
  • 22 posts

He has already told you a reason... There are far more important things in the game CAG should focus on, like fixing bugs that have been with us for ages and at this rate will never ever get fixed. Or are you telling me you'd rather get your so beloved low level unis instead of Con fixing the damn "no spawn" bug once and for all? How about the books unequipped one? Or the empty compound? Or the nerfed stuff bug? Is having a uni guitar so important compared to the bugs I've just mentioned? If your answer is yes then I'm afraid you're in the wrong game.

I can understand you and many others as collectors would love owning uni guitars or whatever but not everybody in the game is a collector. Also... funny your way of thinking. So even you asked for bug fixes in this thread: http://forum.conarti...se/#entry146142 as a way of increasing/keeping our dying playerbase but then you keep begging and begging and begging Con to introduce the uni low levels.

tingadabopper told you the best way it could had been said... we don't want Con to waste time adding more useless (yeah, you read it right) stuff but using that time fixing things the community has been asking for ages to no avail.

Seeing a dev wasting his/her time adding more cosmetic stuff than making his/her game more stable is a perfect way of making players not stick with the game for longer.

Last but not least... as a veteran player as you keep claiming at any given time, you should know bumping a thread goes against the Forum Rules explained here: http://forum.conarti.../7-forum-rules/

Have a nice day.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 648 posts

Seriously:

They're reaaaaally simple to switch on Unique and Rare flags for (literally one extra line of data), so it's something we can do for sure.

Do you guys have any other criticism besides "it would take time from fixing bugs", or should we call it a day?

Edited by Lana Woo, 21 January 2018 - 10:32 PM.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 62 posts

Baselab, words of wisdom lol. 

@Rainbow

typed with rage? what are you talking about lol

"From this point ill start ignoring your posts"

ignore me then I couldn't care less, act like a small child instead of discussing it. Usually that means you know the other person is right and you're just salty. 

You said: And no i dont want to see glasses unique? why, cos they're useless and would be a waste of a daily unique... or is there another reason? 

And stop saying "people would love" or "And i know for a fact if you see a Unique Guitar or anything silly like the level 1 pistols on a trade you would go and try to get this from this player because it being an oddity of the ever" you don't speak for everyone and certainly not me. 

why do I have to tell you why level 3 or whatever level unis are junk? we can loot these starter items at higher level places so it would just be more junk we get. For example, I've looted a few of those level 32 upwards armors from level 55+ locations. Updates like this won't make people stay in the game as baselab has said, but fixing bugs and adding useful things might.

@Lana

There's no point posting anything con said as whether he'll do it or not has nothing to do with any point I've made. Con can " it's something we can do for sure." he can do many things, doesn't mean he's going to.

Not just bugs, how about the exploit where people on your server use melees to get flags and kill no defenders? look at this post, http://forum.conarti...is/#entry146226 it's making people quit for multiple MONTHS and you're asking for this? lol 

what about fixing bows?  insta reload 107s/MSRs (which i've e-mailed him on how to fix) or maybe con could look into or update us on HERC bunkers? static on island, survivor freezing bug after hitting an explosive trap in a raid, freezing as soon as you spawn on a compound? maybe making another island level 56-60 with elite spawns, more hercs, more rushes. herc AND zombies in one map. anything that keeps people interested. maybe do something to try make the new players stay like making the start less tedious, add faster mission returns whilst new players have the 7 days protection?

But no, I accept defeat. Uni guitars are definitely more important than trying to do something to keep this game somewhat alive.

Don't get me wrong, would it nice to get uni guitars/mannings whatever? yes. Is it important? not at all 

Also, lana

rpklover, on 17 Nov 2017 - 01:09, said:snapback.png

Infected bounty is also an issue, for level 60 players, it's not really fun to have to kill 200 walkers and 200 runners on missions before level 55. We have to just sit there for 7 minutes stacking kills and most of us don't scavenge since it will reduce our chances to obtain usable unis.

Con is already working on it:

Con, on 14 Nov 2017 - 03:47, said:snapback.png

Hey all, I'm looking at this this week. First steps will be to just flatten the requirements right down. We've had 2 level expansions since they first went in, so it's definitely needed to bring those numbers down. The system is clearly based off level, so that's why it's blown out so much.

As you mentioned, how far back the bounties go in terms of area requirements. We had a look a this a while back, but it caused serious problems (breaking peoples games) so we'll see how it goes. It might end up taking a restructure of how the bounty system works, most likely resulting in far less random area selection.

Edited by Lana Woo, 17 November 2017 - 03:58 AM.

"Con is already working on it:" look how long ago that was... how long can it possibly take to make bounties not appear at lower levels? cos I dunno about you but I still get z bounties at mid 40s lol

I'm not trying to be horrible, just calling it how I see it lol.

Edited by tingadabopper, 22 January 2018 - 12:37 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 648 posts

I'll take that as a "no", then.

So, when are we getting the poll?

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 62 posts

Why are you two not open to a discussion? lol

probably another half a year when con responds to Rainbows bump.

Jack Bomber Alt

Jack Bomber Alt
  • 34 posts

I'd like to see the low level gear like hand wraps and medkits get carried over to higher levels maybe, the armors do a ton of stuff but itd be fun if there were more specialized gear.