Photo

Nest Compounds, The Scourge

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

I bet I am not the only one talking about this kind of "abused" strategy, it's when players pack all the covers together as well as the ressources behind or in front to form a nest of covers.

This strategy is very efficient...but it's an old strategy, it keeps getting older and it can become really annoying by time. Because all the covers are packed together, the defenders can put a lot of pressure against the raiders and if every defender have a LR, it can be very dangerous...even worse if it can outrange the raiders (like an unique with 50% more range).

It's a strategy, but it can be countered with grenades. Once your grenades are in range and your raider is using the compound's door covers, it can destroy the entire nest. But if the defenders put traps inside the compound and your engineer die from a triggered trap, you'd have to deal with the nest by taking it from the front, but because the nest keeps the raiders under high pressure, it's almost impossible to attack it without losing one raider.

So let me ask you something Con, find something that makes this strategy less interresting to use, something to counter it more easily than outranged grenades...maybe a throwing range bonus for the fighter because it's supposed to be an assault class, or maybe mortars as a passive gear to increase the grenades' throwing range outside buildings, or maybe you can able the craft of components for a makeshift tank that shoots shells from a long distance (1 per raid only) and is immune to fire suppression but has to be rebuilt if destroyed, or something like the ability to craft/scavenge weaker but lighter grenades so it can be thrown further, etc...

I know I'm whining about that, but getting bullied by fuel rushers, "kill everyone" raiders and trashers is starting to make me crazy...and all of the raiders I have been against have nest compounds, raiding them is a nightmare.

PS: is there any way to post pictures from my desktop so it can give you a better idea of my meaning?

Edited by Dovahkick, 20 November 2017 - 09:54 PM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

wahmbulance.jpg

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

Hey, I haven't been banned in this game. I don't see the link between this image and my thread.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

Hey, I haven't been banned in this game. I don't see the link between this image and my thread.

Your thread is waa waa make the game easier.

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

Your thread is waa waa make the game easier.

Don't already throw fuel on the fire!

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

With all due respect Dovahkick,

This is completely ridiculous, it's why people are making fun of you.

Con made raiding extremely easy in the last few years, newbies on their first week can get a lvl 3 box without much effort.

There is no reason to make the defense strategies weaker.

You can try angling the defense, it works quite well. Isolate 1 survivor at a time and kill them. It's an efficient way to raid with a minimal amount of survivors at any level.

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

But what can I do if someone did a nest on the corner of the buildable area and has a LR that fires on 35 meters? It's out of range for my grenades from the compound's house, I don't have any unique LR and neither have I gotten one!

Anyway, I'm lvl 34 and am about to hit 35, but I can still consider myself as a newbie (or maybe an old newbie in that case) since I play this game since like 2 months.

I don't use the nest strategy at all because it's unfair IMO, but making things fair in my side makes things harder (obviously). The last person who raided me, rushed for my fuel and killed 9 out of my 10 defenders, and because I'm the kind of vengeful person who always want to make people pay if they do something unfair to my eyes, I retaliated but discovered that this person too use the nest strategy...so I retreated after 4 of my survivors got downed.

Someone before that raider also did the same thing expect that noone of my survivors were in the compound, so it was "free loot time!" for the raider. That person had a nest too but inside the house, so it gave me an advantage for my grenadiers. And even if I killed all his defenders inside the nest, allowing me to scavenge his fuel like he did for me, he later changed his compound...by moving his nest somewhere else like if he never learned the lesson.

Like I said, it can be countered with the help of grenades...but only if they're in range. That's the only counter I see against it on my lvl. Having a fighter with a minigun to put pressure out of the accurate range is also a solution besides grenades...but you only get that after lvl 50+.

Edited by Dovahkick, 21 November 2017 - 09:22 PM.

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

Dude you can kill from outside range, you don't need to have better guns that your enemy to defeat him, by your logic, you won't ever gain any skills. First of all, you don't need nades to raid at level 35. 2nd, if you lose 4 survivors in a row, then perhaps the strategy you're using is not optimal. 

Experienced raiders will tell you that every single defense can be beaten with a few survivors. Usually, 2-3 is enough. If you're losing 4 in a 5man raid, you're not doing it right. It has nothing to do with an unfair defense. You started 2 months ago, you have little to no experience and you're salty after failing a raid simply because you do not know how to defeat it.

Try different strategies, you'll figure it out through trial and error. 

I've been playing for years and I haven't found a defense I couldn't beat yet. If I can do it, so can you. Perhaps you just need to keep trying, not complain that your enemy has 35 range when the map is around 70 range long. There is plenty of room to play with.

Edited by rpklover, 21 November 2017 - 09:22 PM.

Nameless_CH4

Nameless_CH4
  • 32 posts
There is no such thing as 'unfair' in this game. Nest defenses arent hard to crack anyway, its your raiding strategy. And if you think its unfair, quit alliance and play solo.

One advice: check out 'angle raiding'

You need to get use to this because games resembles real life, if u cant eat others, you deserve to be eaten. Sharpen urself up. I gave u the advice u need for nested defences and stop crying

Nameless_CH4

Nameless_CH4
  • 32 posts
You should see godzyra, dzgoljavi, lancey's defences, their's are what I call unbeatable

rpklover

rpklover
  • 72 posts

That pretty much sums it up, 

On kong, every defenses are beatable. I've got well over 5000 raids under my belt over the course of the last 5.5 years and I can assure you, every defense can be beaten with 3 survivors or less.

Idk about AG, but it's probably quite similar. There is no such thing as an unbeatable defense. If you lose 4 survivors in a 5 man raid, it's simple. Change your strategy. It will take time, and a lot of effort but everyone can make it. You can't just call stuff unfair after 2 months of raiding experience while you raid with 5 survivors. While using 5 survivors, you're not learning much. You're relying on your guns rather than your skills. With 5 survivors, you're also wasting a lot of time moving/healing.

As nameless and I recommended, try angling with 2/3 survs. You'll save a lot of time and you might actually learn a few things.

Edited by rpklover, 22 November 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Nameless_CH4

Nameless_CH4
  • 32 posts
On the contrary I only have 600 raids and yet I can tell u how to beat that, it shows u need practice.

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

What is he meaning by a nest compound/nest strategy? 

It's when you pack all the covers in a spot to form a squared nest and keep ressources nearby/inside.

I have some examples bellow:

https://ibb.co/k7xHV6 this one in particular is the exact same compound from the player I was talking about, and the house is full of traps.

https://ibb.co/fKXO3R

Edited by Dovahkick, 22 November 2017 - 10:58 AM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

It's when you pack all the covers in a spot to form a squared nest and keep ressources nearby/inside.

I have some examples bellow:

https://ibb.co/k7xHV6 this one in particular is the exact same compound from the player I was talking about, and the house is full of traps.

https://ibb.co/fKXO3R

1 About traps.... you can disarm them throw nades to destroy them and.... you can use a fighter with explosive armor to trigger them and heal him...

2... In general those two compounds are really bad, the first compound well.... you just spawn with like 4 fighters and a medic fighting hybrid leader and like smokes....it's gonna be a bloody massacre and free fuel for you unless he has really good guns.

3 the second compound well... I would just deal with the traps on the inside by using a fighter as a trap trigger and heal him.... and just blow up the towers and the barricades and then wreck the left compound door and yeah.... just use smokes to move to the barricades and yeah... again its gonna  be a massacre and the fuel is yours.

4 those 2 compounds design is in general horrible.... pretty much flag farms if they were in a top alliance.

5 You need to see basic tutorials on raiding. 

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 73 posts

If you need a bunch of nades or smokes and 5 survivors to beat those compound, you should take a hard look at your raiding strategies.

Those 2 defenses are easy enough to 2man

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 15 posts

The first compound well.... you just spawn with like 4 fighters and a medic fighting hybrid leader and like smokes....it's gonna be a bloody massacre and free fuel for you unless he has really good guns.

He does have an unique SVD that has 35 meters of distance, compared to my 24.4 meters elite FAL...

Edited by Dovahkick, 22 November 2017 - 10:19 PM.

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 73 posts

Yeah I'm the idiot here when you're recommending a level 34 player to ditch the FAL's and recommend crafting lvl 31 1/3 SVD while his engineer is very likely under level 31 like the rest of his survivors, therefore making it impossible for him to craft it.

Instead of calling me an idiot renegade, perhaps you should consider that not every level 34 player has a lvl 31 engineer and all his survs at 31.

Unless you're brute forcing 5v10, which is not an efficient way to practice raiding since you won't learn anything that way, he's better off using crafted FAL and angle with them to beat those compounds.

Crafted SVD has low range, low aps, low hit chance outside range, long reload times and extremely low suppression. Not exactly optimal to ditch every FAL for crafted 1/3 SVD.

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 74 posts

LOL, most of us can beat those two compounds all day. Save your money and buy some better weapons.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 743 posts

He does have an unique SVD that has 35 meters of distance, compared to my 24.4 meters elite FAL...

Did you ignore everything I just said? RANGE WONT MATTER SINCE BOTH OF YOU ARE IN RANGE. You will have the advantage because you have blown away his barricades or spawn behind him where he got no cover.

You can just get grey svds and they probably will reach his guys. 

I'm not even gonna bother at this point anymore just learn how to raid.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

Ignore mores magnes when he says they're easy enough to two man, he's an idiot, he is however right about the fact you shouldn't need a ton of nades.

When someone starts calling people names, especially when unprovoked, it says a lot about that person.

I can suggest an apology but I am sure that an experienced player like yourself, with close to 500 posts on this forum knows that.