Photo

Purple Or Teal Riot Zombie?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

VASH581

VASH581
  • 72 posts

Sometime in high lvl area I'll find these "new" riot zombies. They look like police and HERC riot zombies but their color are either purple or teal. When I killed them my infected bounty counter didn't count them as riot zombie. Are they new zombies in the expansion?

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 132 posts

ok, so there's two types of riot Zombie, i.e. the ones we used to call EOD's, explosive ordanace disposal, before CAG named them as Riot's for the infected bounties,

the qualifying Riots are the darker blueish tinged ones, I think they also have Police written on their chests, the other type that don't qualify as Riots and hence don't count in the bounties are a lighter, greener colour and have blood on their trousers,

thnx to shoey for pointing this out when I was equally confused,

now the issue of pink, purple, teal, tan, the united colours of Benetton Riots, idk, they started appearing during infected compound attacks prior to Halloween, they seem to consistently appear in HAZ areas,

idk if there's a problem with the colour pallatte the game is using to draw them, whether someone at CAG is having a bit of fun, whether it's an unintended consequence of some minor change in the programming maybe related to the special zoms at Halloween, or whether the zombies have changed the brand of their washing powder,

I've been curious about it but they don't affect gameplay in any way, if Con or Sev see this post and want to offer an explanation it would satisfy my curiosity but it's no big deal.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 691 posts

As for the "don't count towards bounties", I asked about it here, and this is the answer I got:

Lana, I believe it was the New Horizons update that introduced a new infected riot type. These are HERC Riots, and do not count for Riot kills for bounties, but only when the bounty specifies HERC riots. They have a more greenish suit, have the words 'HERC' written on their armor, and, as per your experience, they do have the ability to run unlike normal riots

So my guess is that those Teal Riots are actually HERC riots with some issue in their graphics, and they don't count towards Riot bounties for being HERC riots.

A confirmation from Con would be nice, though.

Baselab

Baselab
  • 25 posts

There are 2 types of riots... normal ones that you can encounter from low-ish levels and the HERC ones that you encounter from Waterside and Green Plains and higher level areas plus the Island and HAZ. Not sure if they can also spawn in Terror Dome because I've never run it.

The HERC ones were introduced way before the Expansion update, in fact they came with the New Horizons. They have no riot pants on them so they have the ability to run, something normal riots can't do.

As far as I remember Con never introduced any bounty with HERC riots on it so everytime we get a riot bounty it only counts the regular ones.