Photo

Operation Whiteout - Z-mas 2017

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 22 posts

Still waiting for some news about the Whiteout backpacks...

ZAPelREAPER

ZAPelREAPER
  • 5 posts

There is a free package containing 50 fuel, 100 pieces of Cold Steel, some Abandoned caches, a Santa hat and a Santa beard. You can find it between the Christmas packages (the "box" icon under the Resources indicators).

Z-Mas_Gift_package.png

Also, 37 pieces of steel in only two days seems like a pretty healthy drop rate, considering that it will last for about a month.

What about Kongregate ?? Did Con Artists just abandon us ?? :( :'(

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 165 posts

Still waiting for some news about the Whiteout backpacks...

Backpacks, fals and everything else -_-

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 151 posts

POPULAR

Exploding Santas are cool.

May be they should be converted into regular zeds after an event?

For legend: "some citizens/military/police/HERC turn their selves into walking bombs in desperate attempt to clean passages for less capable survivors. But some of these kamikaze could not activate their explosives because of too fast attacking zeds biting them, and now just wandering around".

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 165 posts

For legend: "some citizens/military/police/HERC turn their selves into walking bombs in desperate attempt to clean passages for less capable survivors. But some of these kamikaze could not activate their explosives because of too fast attacking zeds biting them, and now just wandering around".

As long as they don’t perma freeze my survivors, I wouldn’t mind seeing this addition to the zombie arsenal.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 634 posts

only problem is that HERC would never be self sacrificing like that XDDDD 

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

I think the Christmas free pack is still not available for Kong.

just saying.

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 115 posts

I think the Christmas free pack is still not available for Kong.

just saying.

yep, it's sad.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 151 posts

only problem is that HERC would never be self sacrificing like that XDDDD 

Heh!

Desperate circumstances calls to desperate measures.

Well... this game series is not based on real events, but why not? IRL the people may commit heroic deeds, even if these people weren't heroic at all before.

Hope, moderators will not ban me for off-topic, but let me give you tiny lesson of history.

You may google for Senior lieutenant Alexander Prokhorenko, died in Syria at March 2016.

His duty was to pin-point ISIS forces and to target Syrian and Russian air- and missile strikes. He was detected by isisians and surrounded. After his ammo was depleted, he called for the missile strike on his position, on himself. He was only 26, and he preferred to die under of "ours" missiles over the shameful death as ISIS POW.

You may find numerous examples from WWII, when Soviet soldiers made "bomb-belts" from anti-infantry hand grenades and run under Nazi tanks caterpillars, when they had have no more anti-tank grenades and had no hope for rescue. Summary explosion of several AIG was mostly enough to damage and immobilize that panzer.

I don't remember a name of US Army soldier, who covered Iraqi grenade with himself to save other soldiers of his group. Hi died, but others were unharmed.

You may find numerous examples of heroic policemen and Natl. Guard servicemen from different countries, who took the shrapnel or criminal's bullets with their bodies to protect civilians or wounded comrades.

So, why do you refuse that such heroism could be shown by HERC servicemen in no-exit situations? Well, they aren't Army, neither NG, but they wear uniforms, carry weapons and gave the oath "to serve and protect" or something like that.

(sorry, I can't distinguish the gender of some English names, so I made Aubrey the male name in this ex prompt. My English is imperfect, so don't blame me for grammar please)

...After meeting with Ivan the Trader at Bricks, sgt Dickson's platoon moved south, heading to harbors. The wall was built too sturdy, and Aubrey wondered how could zeds to make a breach in it. His thoughts were interrupted with hysterical scream of pvt Con: "Sarge!!! Zeds are all around!"

- Take cover! Fire at will!

- Roger that! - echoed collective response at sgt's headphone.

Several hours of stupid fight: the numbers of zeds were overhelming. Colonel Ericsson from UI fortress ceased to answer radio calls, the platoon was left with its fate. Attracted by gunfire noise, zeds arrived in endless crowds, forcing our HERCmen to fall-back deeper and deeper into basements of some facility. And finally they become locked at dead-end corridor. Hopes for escape faded completely.

They could not remember, who noted the narrow side corridor, hidden with the piles of junk. Roar and moans of zeds were heard there, but much deafer than from wide corridors where the z-crowd approached our braves.

Sergeant moved first, others followed him. Dark and narrow passage. Tactical lights already ate the batteries and the group moved in darkness into unknown. Behind them zeds started to crush temporary barricade emerged in great hurry, but it still stopped the infected, giving the humans additional time.

Pale light from ceiling window turned into chatter of broken glass: zeds crushed that window and started to fall into the passage. Dickson was few steps before his men, and falling zeds separated him off the rest of platoon. Fighting the pain from numerous bites, sergeant managed to remove safety pins from two grenades. He could not to warn others with "Grenade!" scream because his throat was already crushed, but his dying hands worked as were trained.

The blast turned himself and his attackers into mashed flesh, but also it made a small breach in the wall. Small, but passable for usual person. Soldiers managed to escape the basement to find their selves on another side of the wall. Several grenades ruined their unexpected emergency hatch, preventing zeds from following humans. And these grenades also forever buried the brave HERC sergeant, who bought the escape with his own life...

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 165 posts

Heh!
Well... this game series is not based on real events, but why not? IRL the people may commit heroic deeds, even if these people weren't heroic at all before.

Hope, moderators will not ban me for off-topic, but let me give you tiny lesson of history.

You may google for Senior lieutenant Alexander Prokhorenko, died in Syria at March 2016.
His duty was to pin-point ISIS forces and to target Syrian and Russian air- and missile strikes. He was detected by isisians and surrounded. After his ammo was depleted, he called for the missile strike on his position, on himself. He was only 26, and he preferred to die under of "ours" missiles over the shameful death as ISIS POW.

You may find numerous examples from WWII, when Soviet soldiers made "bomb-belts" from anti-infantry hand grenades and run under Nazi tanks caterpillars, when they had have no more anti-tank grenades and had no hope for rescue. Summary explosion of several AIG was mostly enough to damage and immobilize that panzer.

I don't remember a name of US Army soldier, who covered Iraqi grenade with himself to save other soldiers of his group. Hi died, but others were unharmed.

You may find numerous examples of heroic policemen and Natl. Guard servicemen from different countries, who took the shrapnel or criminal's bullets with their bodies to protect civilians or wounded comrades.
So, why do you refuse that such heroism could be shown by HERC servicemen in no-exit situations? Well, they aren't Army, neither NG, but they wear uniforms, carry weapons and gave the oath "to serve and protect" or something like that.

(sorry, I can't distinguish the gender of some English names, so I made Aubrey the male name in this ex prompt. My English is imperfect, so don't blame me for grammar please)

...After meeting with Ivan the Trader at Bricks, sgt Dickson's platoon moved south, heading to harbors. The wall was built too sturdy, and Aubrey wondered how could zeds to make a breach in it. His thoughts were interrupted with hysterical scream of pvt Con: "Sarge!!! Zeds are all around!"
Several hours of stupid fight: the numbers of zeds were overhelming. Colonel Ericsson from UI fortress ceased to answer radio calls, the platoon was left with its fate. Attracted by gunfire noise, zeds arrived in endless crowds, forcing our HERCmen to fall-back deeper and deeper into basements of some facility. And finally they become locked at dead-end corridor. Hopes for escape faded completely.
They could not remember, who noted the narrow side corridor, hidden with the piles of junk. Roar and moans of zeds were heard there, but much deafer than from wide corridors where the z-crowd approached our braves.
Sergeant moved first, others followed him. Dark and narrow passage. Tactical lights already ate the batteries and the group moved in darkness into unknown. Behind them zeds started to crush temporary barricade emerged in great hurry, but it still stopped the infected, giving the humans additional time.
Pale light from ceiling window turned into chatter of broken glass: zeds crushed that window and started to fall into the passage. Dickson was few steps before his men, and falling zeds separated him off the rest of platoon. Fighting the pain from numerous bites, sergeant managed to remove safety pins from two grenades. He could not to warn others with "Grenade!" scream because his throat was already crushed, but his dying hands worked as were trained.
The blast turned himself and his attackers into mashed flesh, but also it made a small breach in the wall. Small, but passable for usual person. Soldiers managed to escape the basement to find their selves on another side of the wall. Several grenades ruined their unexpected emergency hatch, preventing zeds from following humans. And these grenades also forever buried the brave HERC sergeant, who bought the escape with his own life...

Ok, I had no intention of down voting this, but hitting that little green button on an iPhone 5 screen is harder than it looks. Con, is there’s way to “undo” my action?

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 634 posts

Heh!

Nice bit of role play there :) also you are one of the few people that have correctly assumed i was a male :)

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 25 December 2017 - 09:44 PM.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 151 posts

Nice bit of role play there :) also you are one of the few people that have correctly assumed i was a male :)

Hope you enjoyed your heroic adventures :-)

SpyderMan

SpyderMan
  • 5 posts

@Con When week 2 event going up ?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 648 posts

@Con When week 2 event going up ?

I think it already did, with the Terror Dome update.

Martinichaos

Martinichaos
  • 56 posts

With the release of these new improvised weapons, I wonder if unique and rare versions will be available from looting or new higher level improvised crafts boxes. Maybe they're going to available in the HERC bunkers?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,733 posts

With the release of these new improvised weapons, I wonder if unique and rare versions will be available from looting or new higher level improvised crafts boxes. Maybe they're going to available in the HERC bunkers?

I was actually wondering if it would be possible to find unique versions of the crafted sword now that the blade saw and the war club will be the highest craftable melee weapons. 

Frank

Frank
  • 17 posts

I guess not. But if Con does make it, hopefully he will do the same with the Swords.

andrewsmg99

andrewsmg99
  • 15 posts

With the cool Exploding Santas were introduced, so when will the Exo Rigs and the exo gears came back? Will it still be craftable?

Dovahkick

Dovahkick
  • 22 posts

Still no rebalance for the Whiteout backpacks...they're still underpowered. Make them more reliable!

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 78 posts
Hey con, kongregate still hasn't gotten the free z-mas box