Photo

Scam Alert: Anasnuke

Scam Cheat DoNotTradeWith

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SLE23

SLE23
  • 14 posts

I had a uni long rifle called Watchful Force. It was a scoped Hunter Compact. It was the second uni I found and I used it until I found something better. Wish I had screen shots to show off. Anyways, I needed some keys to unlock supply boxes. So I put it up for sale.

In HighTrade0, I put it up with make an offer. anasnuke contacted me and offered two Lvl 3 keys. After some negotiating, I managed to get the price up to three Lvl. 3 keys. We made the trade and all and somebody else who had been offering told me it was one of the rarest weapons in the game due the extremely high range on it. I then proceded to message anasnuke and ask for either the gun back or four premium keys. She ignored me and I am now putting this out to warn others not to trade with anasnuke. Have a good day.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 137 posts

???? You wanted your keys, Anas wanted you rifle. You both traded and you both accepted the trade. It's smart practice to check the prices of your valuable items before you sell them, not after. Simply posting the item in trade and say 'pc' (price check) and checking the replies will help enshure you don't get underpayed for you goods.

Also, be aware that the one rule of trading is to "Buy low, sell high," and that's exactly what Anas did. Nothing unfair and no cheating *reading tags* was done. Encouraging other players not to trade with Anas because you got the short end of a deal that you willingly accepted is woefully dishonest

Let this be a lesson to you for the future to trade smarter

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 647 posts

1) You should be bothered to know the price of what you are selling BEFORE you trade it.

2) The game has a barter economy, which means there are no fixed prices: it's only up to you and the person you are trading with to negotiate the price, and if both accept then it's completely valid, so unless there was a hacking or a switcheroo involved in the transaction, it's your own fault. Also, there are people who overvalue items too, so I wouldn't be so quick to believe what the other guy said.

3) Hunter Compacts are not that valuable. I can see how selling one for 3 keys could be fair (depending on its stats, of course). 4 premium keys is excessive, in my opinion, unless it would have exceptional stats, but I doubt it's the case since it was a scoped Hunter Compact.

4) Did you say the guy who told you it was valuable was one of the people who was also offering? If so, what did he offer for it? And why did you take Anasnuke's offer instead of his?

5) Do not start a thread for this, since it goes against the no flaming rule. At the very least, your topic is going to be locked, and the only result you are going to get is to reduce your chances to trade with anyone else.

Edited by Lana Woo, 17 January 2018 - 06:56 PM.

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 98 posts

Victim shaming is not really the way to go, had this been on kongregate I would have happily taken the fight for you. I am a bit disappointed that the big dogs on AG care so little to be honest. Go clear up the matter and hunt the scammers down instead.

1). This is how confidence scams happen in game and in IRL. The good thing is that a thread like this could well mean scamming people has a price in bad rep.

Many new people don't know prices or know that they can price check stuff and people take advantage of that ignorance. Out those guys and call them for what they are, heck refuse to trade with them until they fix their scam trades.

2) The barter economy works within reasonable boundaries, in some cases there can be a question about wether something is just lowballing or an outright con, in this case it feels like it's the latter. More details would be nice.

3) Hunter compacts are the apex predators at lvl 10-16 (granted those levels go by quickly) and selling one with range above 20% for less than a prem seems like a very bad deal at the very least. I was offered 20 prems for my max range (25.5%) one because they are quite rare. Scoped uni ones go up to at least 22% range btw.

4) sounds like scammer 1 got beaten to the punch by scammer 2. Would be interesting to hear more on that point.

5) I see this more as community service than flaming, I also don't see how this would affect the rep of the guy who got ripped off negatively in any way.

Those are my two cents on the matter.

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 18 January 2018 - 06:17 AM.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 61 posts

That's a shame. :( well now you know to ask for a price check for things before selling.

Few things, if you're unsure, ALWAYS ask for a price check on unique long rifles with range if you want to sell it. Ask some the community trusts, for example a person here on Kong would be the guy above, Chris. I'm level 60 and Chris will tell you himself to this day I still ask him for some help with the general value of things so there's no harm in asking. :) I'd help but I hear the market is different on Kong and AG/FB and I unfortunately can't suggest anyone to go to as I don't know anyone on the other server. :(

Most experienced players don't mind helping people out when it comes to stuff like that. 

And it has happened to all of us, I sold a unique sportshot when I was a new player, for 1 premium keycard and a herc 3 then I learnt it was worth about 5-6 premium keycards instead so you're not alone.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 78 posts
This is why you don't sell uni LRs

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 647 posts

Just a thing:

I see this more as community service than flaming.

Con has already said no to this. It is flaming, and these topics are usually locked by Con precisely because of this.

My Chemical Zord

My Chemical Zord
  • 37 posts

As the others said, in a barter economy like this, it is the seller's responsibility to know the approximate value of the item in question before agreeing to sell it. I'm sorry you lost out, it's happened to me before and I regret it, but under this system, it is up to you to know what you're getting yourself into. 

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 61 posts

"If you're being scammed, contact support@deadzonegame.com with those details. We'll deal with it. We don't need people lynching each other on the forums." 

how are they going to deal with it though? what can they actually do? it's better to educate people on prices. For them to sort it out you'd first need a response. Then as you say, prices are subjective, negotiable what someone might be happy to pay 20 prems for someone else might not even waste the fuel trading it. so it's not really against the rules and the rules players agree on like not using bows or whatever isn't against the official rules either so I don't see what Con could do. But if any of you could educate on what he could do, I'd appreciate it and would be happy to be schooled. :P

Lana "and the only result you are going to get is to reduce your chances to trade with anyone else." is that how you lot see it over there? a guy clearly gets duped and people are less likely to trade with him now instead of help? not judging just curious, as I'm bored of Kong and was considering just making an AG account but not 100% sure.

Edited by tingadabopper, 18 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 647 posts

Lana "and the only result you are going to get is to reduce your chances to trade with anyone else." is that how you lot see it over there? a guy clearly gets duped and people are less likely to trade with him now instead of help?

Perhaps it's just me, but I really don't want to trade with somebody that can change his or her mind after the trade and then do something like this. Looking back, it might be a wrong attitude to take so I concede that maybe that comment I made was out of place. I take it back.

how are they going to deal with it though? what can they actually do? it's better to educate people on prices.

That's not up to any of us to decide. Only Con can say what can or cannot be done in the forums.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 61 posts

Yh it is annoying lol but that's why experienced players help with the general price. I know obviously it's down to the seller/buyer there's no set prices but everything has a general price range.

The guy who bought it should at least revert the trade or pay the seller what else he owes him to make up for it. Not saying I'm perfect, I've done some pretty bad trades due to ignorance of prices like selling something that's a prem for 2 but then I'll just give the buyer another prem when I'm corrected on the price. Maybe we're just a bit more 'on it' so to speak over here on Kong as we've far less players so we try encourage people to stay, heard you guys got a lot more haha. same vice versa, i bought an AK for 7 prems that was worth 3/4, seller gave me 3 prems and 2 herc 3s back afterwards. As soon as someone buys/sells something like a useable pvp weapon someone always asked what it was bought/sold for lol.

Yh of course it's not up to us but what is con actually gonna do, say if I bought something worth 5 prems for 20. What could he do to help me get my 15 prems difference back? I can't think of anything he could do even if I do report it and get a response. When I got duped for my uni sportshot when I was a noob I reported it twice, not even a response. No email I've sent con has got a response. I e-mailed him on how to potentially fix the insta reload on 107s and MSRs, I bought a pack and I didn't get a couple of items in it. So how would reporting this help the OP? assuming he gets a response. 

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 98 posts

It likely  wont, I don't see how CAG could arbitrate when it comes to cases like that. It's simply a community issue, if the community cares and if we're allowed to do anything about it that is.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 61 posts

Exactly lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scam, Cheat, DoNotTradeWith