Photo

Accessory Crafting?

Accessory Clothing Clothes Other Misc Craft Crafting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

xXTehCrusaderXx

xXTehCrusaderXx
  • 606 posts

Ever get tired of looking for a UCPD hat, trying to dress them up like your own little police department? Maybe trying to make every single on of your survivors HERC by giving them a HERC mask, rather than looking for a beacon parts box/beacon security box? What if you could craft accessories? It'd be pretty cool, being able to identify an alliance by look at a players survivors.

This really isn't something I'm big about, so this is something that could be added for cosmetic changes, and this stuff could be built with a gear bench, since most of the equipment crafted there involves cosmetic changes, such as ammunition pouches and glasses, and could be a trademark symbol of your survivors/alliance/whatever, and especially since some accessories are rare to find.
Here are some crafting recipes for some accessories:
UCPD Cap: 10 cloth, 2 leather
HERC mask: 5 Metal, 2 Lens, 1 strap
Recon breather: 5 metal, 1 canister 1 strap, 2 lens
These aren't all, but these are just to name a few.

Edit: Premium Content might require some fuel to create, here's an example:

HERC Mask: 5 Metal, 2 Lens, 1 Strap, 10-20 fuel, or they could just not craft-able at all.

Edited by xXTehCrusaderXx, 09 June 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

While I can get behind the idea of crafting accessories, crafting premium accessories is a no for me.

Edited by Herpderphurrdurr, 07 June 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Reverend

Reverend
  • 301 posts

Yeah I wouldnt mind being able to craft some new accessories but not HERC masks/gas masks or the other premium stuff.

Cmon we coiners should be allowed to enjoy the prestige that comes with owning something special.

I still have 5 beacon security boxes (the weapons one, not the parts ones people were trying to trade after getting you all excited it was the weapon one) if anybody would like to test their luck.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Why don't you just trade it with some people? I have one, and on my profile my Leader is wearing it, equipped with M110. But i don't trade it with you.

However, if it is craft-able as well, this will make it not special anymore overtime. See how Purples and blues became NOT special when you can craft it? That Con have made Uniques and Rares.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

Why don't you just trade it with some people? I have one, and on my profile my Leader is wearing it, equipped with M110. But i don't trade it with you.

However, if it is craft-able as well, this will make it not special anymore overtime. See how Purples and blues became NOT special when you can craft it? That Con have made Uniques and Rares.

This is exactly why the ones that are bought with fuel must never be made craftable.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

i maybe like to make my own bandana's or other hats, but i got now all my survivors with an green baret and a HERC mask. Premium has to stay Premium. ur idea is not bad for the non-premium craft able cosmitics +1 anyway. (u should edit it, and take out the premium bit)

and UCPD hats are easy to find

Edited by FlyingNinjaBoar, 07 June 2013 - 01:46 PM.

James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

While i agree you can craft accessories, i don't like the idea of crafting PREMIUM accessories.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

I'd like to craft a torso bandage wrap if that's even possible. But crafting a premium clothing? No.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

ow btw if ya want a UPCD hat PM me then i got some spare clothing

Ever get tired of looking for a UCPD hat, trying to dress them up like your own little police department? Maybe trying to make every single on of your survivors HERC by giving them a HERC mask, rather than looking for a beacon parts box/beacon security box? What if you could craft accessories? It'd be pretty cool, being able to identify an alliance by look at a players survivors.

xXTehCrusaderXx

xXTehCrusaderXx
  • 606 posts

ow btw if ya want a UPCD hat PM me then i got some spare clothing

I'm good. I'm really just wanting the Recon Breathers and HERC masks. :P

Thanks anyway!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessory, Clothing, Clothes, Other, Misc, Craft, Crafting