Photo

Game Outage - [ Fixed ]

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,171 posts

Hi all, 

Firstly, I'm extremely sorry about this. Our monitors didn't show any change and it looked like there was normal connections happening. 

We are working on getting this fixed as soon as humanly possible. There's an issue with the certificates we installed a month or so ago, so we're working on getting them sorted now.

Con

Con
  • 4,171 posts

Update:

We're back online. I'm putting together a little gift for you all (it'll go live tomorrow), so log in over the next few days to claim it. 

Server issues be damned, good luck back in the zone! Thankyou so much for your patience.

Veldar66

Veldar66
  • 12 posts

We appreciate your dedication and service. Thank you for your help for keeping this game alive for us devoted players.

-Steve

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 129 posts

Update:

We're back online. I'm putting together a little gift for you all (it'll go live tomorrow), so log in over the next few days to claim it. 

Server issues be damned, good luck back in the zone! Thankyou so much for your patience.

How long will it be up for? This particular week is a school break for nearly all Europeans in the world..... most won’t have access to a laptop :(.

grievance

grievance
  • 21 posts

How can we contact you privately ? 

David Adams

David Adams
  • 28 posts
Thanks, Con. Time to kill zeds.

Con

Con
  • 4,171 posts

We've given everyone playing on Armor and Facebook a small gift of 100 fuel that they can claim. 

You'll need to log in before Feb 17th to claim it on your account. Your account will also need to be level 5 or above.

fadouss

fadouss
  • 5 posts

thx con i hope we get more events soon to fresh the game 

wish you make every month an event that last for 1 week or something like that that will make the game more good and wish we have more sales too :)

grievance

grievance
  • 21 posts

100 fuel ? seriously ?  

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 137 posts

100 fuel ? seriously ?  

Just imagine it as our Fuel Generator was on super production mode for the last few days. Thanks for the gift Con, hope this is a lesson for everyone

Moses Hank

Moses Hank
  • 12 posts

Thanks for the fuel Con.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 129 posts
Darn....I’m still away on the 17th......

Also, any news on my fuel problem? (The one where I paid double the displayed fuel cost)

grievance

grievance
  • 21 posts

100 fuel ? seriously ?  

Thanks for ignoring me Con . This 100 fuel is a joke to people who got locked out as early as tuesday night. Some of us spent big fuel competing in the wars that make you good coinage. I raided 50 flags in less than 24 hrs and was knocked out ,unable to get back in. I therefore was rippoed off my chance to finish the week i invested over 3 k fuel into. This 100 fuel you offer as a fix is pathetic to me and those who had my situation happen. People who were flagged all week got the same prize . I want my fuel back to where i started the war with. This should be easy for you to verify. Some people were able to raid and they even got the same silly fuel package as those who were locked out. I have not and will not accept that worthless amount of fuel as a payoff so you can claim you have done something about it. Let the attacks of this post commence...lol 

renankey

renankey
  • 21 posts

you're so greedy grievance :P

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 622 posts

Thanks for ignoring me Con . This 100 fuel is a joke to people who got locked out as early as tuesday night. Some of us spent big fuel competing in the wars that make you good coinage. I raided 50 flags in less than 24 hrs and was knocked out ,unable to get back in. I therefore was rippoed off my chance to finish the week i invested over 3 k fuel into. This 100 fuel you offer as a fix is pathetic to me and those who had my situation happen. People who were flagged all week got the same prize . I want my fuel back to where i started the war with. This should be easy for you to verify. Some people were able to raid and they even got the same silly fuel package as those who were locked out. I have not and will not accept that worthless amount of fuel as a payoff so you can claim you have done something about it. Let the attacks of this post commence...lol 

You do realize that Con did not have to give us a god damn thing right ? 

DeathdealerXX

DeathdealerXX
  • 9 posts

Aubrey ,,, dont act like he is doing us some big favor ,,, really that 100 fuel is an insult ,,, i buy fuel every week and have put thousands of dollars into this game over the course of 5 years ,, and grievance has a valid point that he did not get to finish the round that he paid to play ,, and i read the road map and it will b a giant insult to all who paid full price for DMUs to mark them down now cause u want more players to b able to afford 1 ,, thats all well and good but all who paid full price should get the difference in fuel ,,,for some of us who have alts thats alot of cash spent on this game just in upgrades .. think about that 1 for a min Con ,,,dont insult and anger the ones who are the bread and butter of your game so that u can get an extra few dollars from the ones who dont put cash into the game ,,,

grievance

grievance
  • 21 posts

You do realize that Con did not have to give us a god damn thing right ? 

aubrey you do realize that if you take money for services to be rendered it is up to you to make sure those services are rendered as offered in the price represented. You get that? So they may choose to do nothing and ignore people who actually lost something to no fault of their own . Or they could choose to actually attempt to make it right. This 100 digital fuel coast them nothing to put out there. Nothing. Jumping on their side to appear holier than though does no good for tha games future either . Everyone should just stop warring until they fix game issues long over due. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 606 posts

It was pretty clear that this is an attention-grabbing post since you posted this:

Let the attacks of this post commence...lol 

but I've seen this complaint many times, so it might be useful for anyone who's seeing this to expand a little into it.

From the terms of service, article 2.4:

"Your purchase of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods is final and is not refundable, exchangeable, transferable, except in Con Artist’s sole discretion. You may not purchase, sell, or exchange Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods outside the Service. Doing so is a violation of the Terms and may result in termination of your account with the Service and/or legal action.

Con Artist’s retains the right to modify, manage, control and/or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at its sole discretion. Prices and availability of Virtual Goods are subject to change without notice."

This means that they do not "own" you anything and you actually purchase the limited right to use the item, but Con Artists Games will always have the last word.  Believe it or not, almost any game (if not all of them) with a currency does this, since it would be a legal nightmare to give ownership of a part of the game to a large number of players, especially in a free-to-play game.

Now, that being said, take a look at what you are suggesting:

...Some of us spent big fuel competing in the wars that make you good coinage. I raided 50 flags in less than 24 hrs and was knocked out ,unable to get back in. I therefore was rippoed off my chance to finish the week i invested over 3 k fuel into... I want my fuel back to where i started the war with. This should be easy for you to verify. Some people were able to raid and they even got the same silly fuel package as those who were locked out. I have not and will not accept that worthless amount of fuel as a payoff so you can claim you have done something about it. Let the attacks of this post commence...lol 

You are saying that Con should access to each account individually, then determine exactly how much fuel each person lost based on war stats (and you didn't mentioned, but I can think that F.U.E.L. Generator stats, mission-earned fuel, bounty rewards and any other fuel income would be considered as well) and reward you accordingly. That means you are grossly underestimating the number of accounts in this game, overestimating the time they should spend on this, overestimating the importance of the issue, and overestimating the leverage you have on the developers.

By the way, did you tried any of the two choices Matt Baker suggested? You could have kept playing if, for example, you had changed the date of your computer while they fixed that, but I'm not sure if it works for everybody or just for some people.

Edited by Lana Woo, Yesterday, 05:40 PM.

grievance

grievance
  • 21 posts

It was pretty clear that this is an attention-grabbing post since you posted this:

but I've seen this complaint many times, so it might be useful for anyone who's seeing this to expand a little into it.

From the terms of service, article 2.4:

"Your purchase of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods is final and is not refundable, exchangeable, transferable, except in Con Artist’s sole discretion. You may not purchase, sell, or exchange Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods outside the Service. Doing so is a violation of the Terms and may result in termination of your account with the Service and/or legal action.

Con Artist’s retains the right to modify, manage, control and/or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at its sole discretion. Prices and availability of Virtual Goods are subject to change without notice."

This means that they do not "own" you anything and you actually purchase the limited right to use the item, but Con Artists Games will always have the last word.  Believe it or not, almost any game (if not all of them) with a currency does this, since it would be a legal nightmare to give ownership of a part of the game to a large number of players, especially in a free-to-play game.

Now, that being said, take a look at what you are suggesting:

You are saying that Con should access to each account individually, then determine exactly how much fuel each person lost based on war stats (and you didn't mentioned, but I can think that F.U.E.L. Generator stats, mission-earned fuel, bounty rewards and any other fuel income would be considered as well) and reward you accordingly. That means you are grossly underestimating the number of accounts in this game, overestimating the time they should spend on this, overestimating the importance of the issue, and overestimating the leverage you have on the developers.

By the way, did you tried any of the two choices Matt Baker suggested? You could have kept playing if, for example, you had changed the date of your computer while they fixed that, but I'm not sure if it works for everybody or just for some people.

its pretty clear that many will come and attack anyone who has an issue with being ripped of. It is pretty clear that many will try and appear above board and attack the nay sayers so that they can make a friend with con in their minds. If you are ok with it and have not been affected the just rafrain from giving your opinion on it. Kissing Cons butt is doing nothing to address the point. You say they cant access everyones account? Maybe so but they can  access those who try and contact them about it now cant they? Again if you have no issues with it then shut up about it.  Also you have no idea what people tried to do to get into the game over that week, no idea . So once again please shut up about it. I have been trying to get them all week but all i get is the ignorant butkissers responding trying to make points with CON. And lastly if you changed the dates on your pc and tried every other possible damaging outcome to your pc thats on you. I was warned against it and even Con would not support doing so . So once again if it doesnt affect you then please shut up about it.. thank you ..

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 606 posts

I tried to explain why Con ignored your post and why you probably won't have more fuel that the 100. If you want to keep at it, be my guest.