Photo

Roadmap 2018

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

My Chemical Zord

My Chemical Zord
  • 38 posts

Rather than adding another currency in terms of tradeable fuel, why not just drop premium boxes that give only fuel in a fixed amount? That would allow you to sell the same premium cards as before and also control how much fixed tradeable fuel there was using the boxes. If you wanted, you could also sell more boxes seperately.

If you allow people to buy trade - fuel directly you create an alternate currency system competing with the premium and L3 keys people have been using since the game started. It's going to end up devaluing the keys people have already accumulated. Prems and Keys give highly variable rewards. If you compare that to a fixed value currency, the interest in prem cards is going to crash. I know, for example, if I had a choice of buying prem cards or fuel as a trade currency, I'd never buy another prem card and likely would never accept one in trade or use them ever again.

It seems like a great way to anger anyone that has been spending money in prems or trading in them.

It's not like the Christmas box drops. I farmed those hard and there was still a reasonably low absolute limit to the number you could find in a month. Plus the amount of fuel in them was pretty small and trading them in groups cost a significant amount both ways. As a result, I bought some fuel but not a lot. Even then, it was pretty clear that a handful of boxes with a fixed amount of fuel were far more valuable to people than a key.

You're completely right. Unless the rewards that back keys are improved, it would be far more rewarding to buy fuel than to buy a premium key and open a premium box. Either CAG should back premium keys more strongly or make these fuel packs very expensive relative to non-tradable fuel prices. While I do support the idea of buying tradable fuel packs from the store, it could easily throw the economy of balance if it's implemented without care. 

Now, a question for CAG, how do you plan on introducing a new currency without rendering the current currency of keys obsolete?

Strider

Strider
  • 242 posts

So leveling after cap is not on list now? Sad. 

Totally forgot that this was a thing until you mentioned, kind of sad now that you've brought it up. I do hope it's something still in the works despite not currently being on the roadmap though. Those active boosters actually sound like a pretty cool alternative for changing up team compositions if they have healing and would make PVE active gear a thing!  

I also look forward to the changes in unique/rare infected risk vs reward changes. The ears they give out as well as the whole 2 drops of fuel they give out are kind of underwhelming rewards considering how much damage they can do. You've also been relatively quiet about this but are there any plans on updating bounties? A lot of players myself included have been getting sick of West Bricks bounties at level 60... and then being rewarded weapons and gear at a max of level 45.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

One cool idea that comes in my mind... why not create something like a "meeting hall" where the leads can show up the cosmetic items (clothings)? something like that would be too worky?

cheers

*edit: if theres a related topic plz link me ^^

Edited by renankey, 17 February 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

One cool idea that comes in my mind... why not create something like a "meeting hall" where the leads can show up the cosmetic items (clothings)? something like that would be too worky?

I'd love to have a way to show my clothing and see other people's clothing, other than raiding them. I would prefer if it was somehow integrated to existing features, though (for example, getting a picture of your leader's clothing next to the menu that appears when you click a name in the chats), instead of a dedicated hall.

I remember Con saying that clothing was not selling as much as they expected, and I feel that it was because we have few ways to show it off.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

I'd love to have a way to show my clothing and see other people's clothing, other than raiding them. I would prefer if it was somehow integrated to existing features, though (for example, getting a picture of your leader's clothing next to the menu that appears when you click a name in the chats), instead of a dedicated hall.

I remember Con saying that clothing was not selling as much as they expected, and I feel that it was because we have few ways to show it off.

Yeah... that's a easier way to show our costumes like u said, lana. Exactly, they don't sell well cuz we don't have how to show off them. Even so, that will be a way to give use to those obsolete stats cool acessories. Anyway, gonna be freaking cool see something like that :) 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 91 posts

Bring back exploding Zantas! I miss those guys.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 99 posts

Bring back exploding Zantas! I miss those guys.

Yeah exploding zombies are fun

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

By the way, can we add the Infected Bounty rework in the to-do list? I'm talking about this:

1) The levels at which the bounties take place.  I am level 60 and I still have bounties in West Bricks (level 45)

2) The level of the weapons/gear/schematics in the reward (again, level 45-55 stuff seems out of place). I haven't earned one recently, but I guess they're still on.

3) Are HERC Riot zombies supposed to count for the bounties? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior, but they don't count for number of Riot zombies killed.

4) As a proposal, including the new Refined components (or at least the Research items needed to craft them) in the lvl56+ rewards would be great, at least for me.

Oh, and I'd love to see those new infected that are coming up. Any plans to include them in the bounty list too?

Edited by Lana Woo, 19 February 2018 - 05:03 PM.

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 115 posts

Nice to hear that, i can't wait the Herc bunkers.

and a big thanks for this six years :)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,742 posts

Looking awesome, thanks Con :)

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris
  • 24 posts

Chuck Norris Approves!

ZIXX

ZIXX
  • 12 posts

By the way, can we add the Infected Bounty rework in the to-do list? I'm talking about this:

1) The levels at which the bounties take place.  I am level 60 and I still have bounties in West Bricks (level 45)

2) The level of the weapons/gear/schematics in the reward (again, level 45-55 stuff seems out of place). I haven't earned one recently, but I guess they're still on.

3) Are HERC Riot zombies supposed to count for the bounties? I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended behavior, but they don't count for number of Riot zombies killed.

4) As a proposal, including the new Refined components (or at least the Research items needed to craft them) in the lvl56+ rewards would be great, at least for me.

Oh, and I'd love to see those new infected that are coming up. Any plans to include them in the bounty list too?

up up up. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM TOO. CON PLEASE GIVE REPLY ON THIS PROBLEM ASAP

Edited by ZIXX, 20 February 2018 - 05:13 AM.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

update's coming...

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 103 posts

Con , the game is still dropping prem boxes and herc boxes... 

jollykiddie19

jollykiddie19
  • 6 posts

Looking forward with all the events for this year

SLE23

SLE23
  • 14 posts

Looks great! Can't wait for fuel trading for those of us who have to rely on generators.

Also, adding Infamous items isn't a big deal because they are only available to those that want to spend a ridiculous amount of fuel on making them. The ones that are in the game right now aren't even useful because I have some gear that is just better than the Infamous stuff. Adding more unis would be nice.

The Convicts and Criminals stuff looks pretty cool, but will there be a good guy version of this event?

Anyways, that is my take on it.

ZIXX

ZIXX
  • 12 posts

Looks great! Can't wait for fuel trading for those of us who have to rely on generators.

Also, adding Infamous items isn't a big deal because they are only available to those that want to spend a ridiculous amount of fuel on making them. The ones that are in the game right now aren't even useful because I have some gear that is just better than the Infamous stuff. Adding more unis would be nice.

The Convicts and Criminals stuff looks pretty cool, but will there be a good guy version of this event?

Anyways, that is my take on it.

Just think before you comment. The infamous stuff were not useless as you said. Many of the players still using the infamous weapons and gears on mission and those gears such like the infamous mask and bandoiler are useful to the survivors. Those "UNI" can still be find in the mission, so why wont you enter more mission to find them?

Edited by ZIXX, 23 February 2018 - 04:00 AM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

I'm really enjoying the Birthday Bash task, my melee weapons felt a little underused and it was pretty nice to have an excuse to bring them back. I even had an all-melee compound defense for the first time in my life, and it was awesome :)

Edited by Lana Woo, 22 February 2018 - 06:27 PM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

I'm really enjoying the Birthday Bash task, my melee weapons felt a little underused and it was pretty nice to have an excuse to bring them back. I even had an all-melee compound defense for the first time in my life, and it was awesome :)

I must admit, it is great fun to watch 10 people storm a single infected walker and bash it with hammers, clubs, tridents, shovels, and not to mention, TAZERS. 

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 278 posts

Ty @Con for considering the idea to add more uniques that currently don't roll unique to the game !