Photo

Roadmap 2018

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Regular Police Zombies(i.e no armor/a police vest but no helmet or tactical pants): Not trying to be rude but don`t see why the only police that are in the game are S.W.A.T guys when S.W.A.T would have only been called when the regular police needed back up.

Construction Worker Zombie: A reflective vest would have to be coded in though 

Doctor/Nurse/Paramedic Zombie (Yes these are 3 different zombies that will have higher chances to spawn in different areas i.e Doctors/Nurses in Hospitals and Parks and Paramedics in the streets): In case of the Doctor and Paramedic there would only need to be color changes to the Revolutionary Jacket(White) and one of the sets of military clothing (Dark or Light Blue) but in the case of the Nurse Scrubs would have to be coded in 

Firefighter Zombie: This would be the hardest one to code since its a whole outfit with a few different colors and extras like the hat and the oxygen tank unlike with the Construction Worker zombie where its only a vest and the Nurse zombie where its a whole outfit but its 1 color of con's choosing and there are no extras 

I really doubt it but i hope one of my ideas is one of the new infected coming 

darth chandra

darth chandra
  • 27 posts

How come the anniversary boxes and keys are not trade able? Will they be trade able in the future?

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts
Any date(s) on when the update(s) will happen?

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

let CAG have their time guys :)

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

so what is the next thing on the roadmap ?

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts
#WeWantBunkers

qwee

qwee
  • 11 posts

Hmmm... can we build our own bunkers and populate them with herc and zombie minions. Then let other people raid it and we place uni bets on who would win?

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts

Hmmm... can we build our own bunkers and populate them with herc and zombie minions. Then let other people raid it and we place uni bets on who would win?

No just no. That's worse then RPGS/grenade launchers in game lol.

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 108 posts

What the crap happened to herc bunkers?!?

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts

What the crap happened to herc bunkers?!?

Con forgot probably....like that kong Dead Zone exists

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

I think that whole Boosters thing will be like some sort of cooking/potion making (i.e. mix two ingredients and drink it)

I just hope that:

1. They do not require some special building or components (We could use the research bench)

2. They give both balanced upgrades and downgrades (like, you used a booster that increased your speed by 5% for 5 minutes but, after it wears off, your survivor will be slow for 2 minutes)

3. That there are no unique/rare/premium boosters OR if they will exist that, like mentioned above, that give fair ups/downs ("your super unique booster to made you had twice health, double damage and double resistance will cause severe morale drop, very slow survivors and increase their food/water intake")

4. That the ingredients are not fancy and easy to find.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts

I think that whole Boosters thing will be like some sort of cooking/potion making (i.e. mix two ingredients and drink it)

I just hope that:

1. They do not require some special building or components (We could use the research bench)

2. They give both balanced upgrades and downgrades (like, you used a booster that increased your speed by 5% for 5 minutes but, after it wears off, your survivor will be slow for 2 minutes)

3. That there are no unique/rare/premium boosters OR if they will exist that, like mentioned above, that give fair ups/downs ("your super unique booster to made you had twice health, double damage and double resistance will cause severe morale drop, very slow survivors and increase their food/water intake")

4. That the ingredients are not fancy and easy to find.

It aint happening. Con has ditched us and is probably working at McDonalds (whatever its called in Austrailia) 

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

It aint happening. Con has ditched us and is probably working at McDonalds (whatever its called in Austrailia) 

Macca's :)

Edited by Aubrey Dickson Retired, 06 October 2018 - 01:29 AM.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 51 posts

Yes, I'm thinking Con needs a ROAD MAP to find his way back to this game.... o.O

Darth Xanna

Darth Xanna
  • 5 posts

Can you at least give us an update to your absence or tell us the game is shutting down? Something, anything.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

POPULAR

There is some context to Con's absence:

1. CAG had a 6-man crew:

Con

Sev

Lisa

Tom

Sev

Simon

Steve went on to be a game dev on the mobile platform, and last I heard, Sev went off to college. This puts a significant dent in the capabilities of an already-small dev team (remember, this is one of the most popular browser-based MMOs, yet it only has a 6-man team compared to backyard monsters or other FB MMO/basebuilders).

2.  While I have not played actively since 2016, the development potential of the game is limited; there is only so much you can build on the old deadzone code. Flash as a whole is on decline (most Kong/AG games are now coded in HTML5), and Kong is a basically-dead server (chat-wise).

With how old the infrastructure the game is built on (TLS:DZ always had performance/login issues due to the way it was coded, and flash presents its own issues) and how there is a limit to how original that new content can be (right now, it's constantly scaling weapon damage and infected health in tandem with level), it doesn't make sense to continue developing DZ.

3. After Warfare Online shut down on October 31, 2017 due to low playerbase (therefore not enough microtransaction purchases and the resultant revenue), I'm sure no developer wants to see their game die like this, especially since it took 2 years of work to develop (longer than it took for TLS: UC, mind you, which was Con's crown jewel and the pride of the flash gaming era). He might have taken a hiatus from developing. Perhaps a vacation or something to collect thoughts and figure the way forward.

After all the above items happened, and after a long stretch of forum inactivity, I think that we may be on the brink of something new. Deadzone will still roll in revenue, but I imagine the "business" side of things of CAG is getting changed to reflect their current development capabilities (amount of capital available to invest in development) and they are gearing up for something new.

I don't see much for DZ, but I see a bright horizon for a thing such as TLS: UC II. Perhaps we can finally find out what happens after the player leaves Union Island, or what happens to Jack.

I would like to end this by saying that this is just what I have gathered over my time doing TLS and Warfare Online. This is not official, rather it represents my best guess for what is happening based on the information that I know. 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts

Con probably got shot in a back alley. 

I_WANT_LESS_GEAR

I_WANT_LESS_GEAR
  • 297 posts

Con will you be adding new herc boxes and if so can you do a re run of the older boxes with clothing, like the Sweat Pants and the Pink Wintercoats  and combat helm urban instead of the ones with the components and the tactics manuals 

Thanks !

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 10 November 2018 - 03:48 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Hey Con, any chance of buying current Premium boxes from the store for a small amount of fuel. As I contacted you about for some reason they don't drop for any of my accounts anymore. Would be a nice touch, as i'm missing out on the chance to get clothing and upgrade tokens! 

Many thanks.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 135 posts

#WeWantBunkers

#AG/FB-Kong Murge