Photo

Problems With Ag?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 174 posts

Not sure if this is only me on AG, and I'm not even sure if it's a problem with the game itself........ but recently (since that game outage last week that spooked all of us), it has been much harder to load the game through AG.

Now I am not talking about getting stuck on "Loading your game." I'm talking about getting stuck on "Connecting to Server" and then being asked to reconnect because there was an error...... which is odd. This might be an AG issue because I am connecting through that medium.

Additionally, when I do successfully enter the game, I can no longer connect to public chat and my Alliance banner is always black. Trade channel works somehow, but trade windows do not load if someone trades me. But if I trade them, everything works perfectly. 

I do believe this is not an LSDZ issue and mainly an AG issue because through Facebook, EVERYTHING works. No public chat problems, no trading problems, no alliance banner problems, no random "connecting to server" problems. 

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, and I really hope not, because that may mean that AG is reaching its end.............

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 566 posts

I notice this for quite a while its been very challenging getting into dead zone with all these loading problems after soo many refreshes attempting to get into this game. 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 678 posts

It happens to me in "seasons": some days I can enter without any problem and play, while others take multiple reloads and tons of "loading errors" (the "black flag" bug, books gone, buildings gone, the "everything nerfed" bug, zombies stop spawning, etc).

If I'm having too much trouble entering, I clear my cache and open the game again, it helps often. However, I do believe there is an issue with the server connection, yet I don't know what could be the cause.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 174 posts

It happens to me in "seasons": some days I can enter without any problem and play, while others take multiple reloads and tons of "loading errors" (the "black flag" bug, books gone, buildings gone, the "everything nerfed" bug, zombies stop spawning, etc).

If I'm having too much trouble entering, I clear my cache and open the game again, it helps often. However, I do believe there is an issue with the server connection, yet I don't know what could be the cause.

I'm just worried because it's mostly AG acting up. I tried loading other games, and it just refused.......

Con

Con
  • 4,212 posts

The only difference between AG and Facebook would be the site itself. The game itself runs off the same servers between those two sites. 

So my guess would be that there's some background processes on Armor that are interfering with the loading. My best guess would be that it's Ads. Are you running a blocker at all? What browser are you using?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 678 posts

In my case is Adblock Plus with "Allow acceptable ads" checked, in Firefox. I'm guessing the video ads in ArmorGames that were introduced recently have some part on it? I'll try disabling Adblock to see if there's an improvement.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 174 posts

The only difference between AG and Facebook would be the site itself. The game itself runs off the same servers between those two sites. 

So my guess would be that there's some background processes on Armor that are interfering with the loading. My best guess would be that it's Ads. Are you running a blocker at all? What browser are you using?

I'm running on chrome, and since this is a school laptop, I have no ad blocker. But this has never really happened before, even with the ads. I going to see if it works on Explorer.

Forsaken

Forsaken
  • 21 posts

Disabling the ads does nothing. I spend almost 30 minutes a day just trying to log in.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 174 posts

Never mind, I'm now getting the same problem on Facebook. Cleaned my cache and all, so now public chat is working again, but now I keep getting stuck on "Connecting to Server" whether I use AG or FB.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 678 posts

Ok, I disabled Adblock. For some reason, all my ads are Coca Cola's.

So far, I have no problems logging in (about 6 times between yesterday and today), but like I said before it happens on "seasons", so I'll edit the post if that changes.

EDIT: Yeah, it doesn't work too well I'm afraid. I still get stuck sometimes in the "joining game instance" portion.

Edited by Lana Woo, 21 February 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 103 posts

Hi Lana,

I'm using adblockplus with Firefox and on AG things seem pretty consistent,

I do agree with your 'the problems come in seasons' sentiment though!

I also get what Con means by maybe there is a website background process interfering with the loading process,

this is something I've been trying to isolate and block,

obviously with adblockplus all the settings and filter lists are entirely down to personal choice but here's what I'm using as an example that you could experiment with:

Filter Lists: Disable Malware, Easy List, Easy Privacy, Fanboys Annoyance List, Fanboys Social Blocking List,

Tick Boxes: Block Additional Tracking, Block Social Media Icons Tracking,

Un Ticked Boxes: Allow Acceptable Ads, Only Allow Ads Without 3rd Party Tracking,

under the advanced tab you can type in your own additional filters, I've added:

stripe.com
disqus.com
disquscdn.com
imasdk.googleapis.com
googletagservices.com
doubleclick.net
ssl.google-analytics.com

the disqus stuff blocks Armors commenting system which seems to take forever to load and the stripe stuff seems to be part of Armors own payment system but I can find out very little about what it actually is, the rest is just part of the plague of google stuff that infests the internet!

with the personal filters you could try adding one at a time and see what functionality it removes from the site/webpage and what difference it might make to the consistency of the games loading,

I do notice that after running CCleaner to clear cookies and cache, temp files etc. that the game will hang at he first attempt to load but after a refresh seems to settle down nicely,

the cookie you do need to preserve for the game on AG is      playerio-a.akamaihd.net      this is stored in the flashplayer site storage, is viewable via the flashplayer panel in windows control panel and is where your game settings are stored such as dynamic lighting for floodlights.

best of luck!

Matt

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 174 posts

Hi Lana,

I'm using adblockplus with Firefox and on AG things seem pretty consistent,

I do agree with your 'the problems come in seasons' sentiment though!

I also get what Con means by maybe there is a website background process interfering with the loading process,

this is something I've been trying to isolate and block,

obviously with adblockplus all the settings and filter lists are entirely down to personal choice but here's what I'm using as an example that you could experiment with:

Filter Lists: Disable Malware, Easy List, Easy Privacy, Fanboys Annoyance List, Fanboys Social Blocking List,

Tick Boxes: Block Additional Tracking, Block Social Media Icons Tracking,

Un Ticked Boxes: Allow Acceptable Ads, Only Allow Ads Without 3rd Party Tracking,

under the advanced tab you can type in your own additional filters, I've added:

stripe.com
disqus.com
disquscdn.com
imasdk.googleapis.com
googletagservices.com
doubleclick.net
ssl.google-analytics.com

the disqus stuff blocks Armors commenting system which seems to take forever to load and the stripe stuff seems to be part of Armors own payment system but I can find out very little about what it actually is, the rest is just part of the plague of google stuff that infests the internet!

with the personal filters you could try adding one at a time and see what functionality it removes from the site/webpage and what difference it might make to the consistency of the games loading,

I do notice that after running CCleaner to clear cookies and cache, temp files etc. that the game will hang at he first attempt to load but after a refresh seems to settle down nicely,

the cookie you do need to preserve for the game on AG is      playerio-a.akamaihd.net      this is stored in the flashplayer site storage, is viewable via the flashplayer panel in windows control panel and is where your game settings are stored such as dynamic lighting for floodlights.

best of luck!

Matt

Thanks Matt, I have tried a few of those things. Oddly enough, everything started working......... I did block out a few of the cookies as you mentioned and did a bit of stuff, now things are working quite well...... 

Thanks again, i will keep this in mind for next time.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 678 posts

Thanks Matt, I'll fiddle with those settings to see if it improves :)

Smoka

Smoka
  • 4 posts

Confirming this bug, and it does seem to come in seasons. I get it more often if I switch to another tab while loading. I have a feeling it's the new popups that AG are adding, both the top one and the lower one about the cookies. I base this on my loading success getting a lot worse right after they added the lower cookie popup about 1-2 weeks ago. If dead zone wants to run in the foreground, it makes sense that these popups are stopping it from loading.

Also, if tab is switched to another, zombies will not spawn in compound defense.