Nerfing 'lucky' Affix On Gear

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 268 posts

POPULAR

Hi Con,

For the past couple months people have been complaining about the amount of gear that drops in the level 56+ zones, I think this is because its so easy to get lucky affixes on gears etc, most of the time like 95% you will find a purple gear with a lucky affix, thus making most uniques come with lucky too, which is true if you look to the current market of armors most of them are with the lucky affix in them, thus making the more desired roll with health, on 

the militaryish armor thing, alot harder to get due to the lucky affix the armor dont drop with health, I see this lucky affix happing also very often at low level you get alot of bandos with lucky or baby tac vests with luck, and this stat dont seem to help one bit if you hit that 3 unique cap youre ruled out anyways. Also the lucky affix doesnt seem to improve the quality of loot. If possible i like to see how the stat works and i think my fellow dzers will like to know this too. 

But please nerf the lucky thing a bit so we can find some weapons.

Thanks for reading

Cheers RDL

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 01 March 2018 - 07:44 PM.

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Con please can u do something with this problem?

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

In this week, with 25% loot boost and with total luck chance more then 100% i got around 23 uniq armors in high lvl areas and 0 uniq weapons. This same situation happend all the time. Too many players have same problem!

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 43 posts

even me who doesn't have a dmu have this problem, i found a lot of armors at least 150 elites.
if it is not the case, i think the problem will be a slightly different from dmu players a non dmu players

Edited by RYVDYASJV, 04 March 2018 - 04:21 PM.

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Con can we get some replay about this problem please ? 7 days past and we dont have any comment about this. I see lot of people write about problems on forum but nobody reply.

Peter_Man_CFD

Peter_Man_CFD
  • 38 posts

Hi Con,

For the past couple months people have been complaining about the amount of gear that drops in the level 56+ zones, I think this is because its so easy to get lucky affixes on gears etc, most of the time like 95% you will find a purple gear with a lucky affix, thus making most uniques come with lucky too, which is true if you look to the current market of armors most of them are with the lucky affix in them, thus making the more desired roll with health, on 

the militaryish armor thing, alot harder to get due to the lucky affix the armor dont drop with health, I see this lucky affix happing also very often at low level you get alot of bandos with lucky or baby tac vests with luck, and this stat dont seem to help one bit if you hit that 3 unique cap youre ruled out anyways. Also the lucky affix doesnt seem to improve the quality of loot. If possible i like to see how the stat works and i think my fellow dzers will like to know this too. 

But please nerf the lucky thing a bit so we can find some weapons.

Thanks for reading

Cheers RDL

Some interesting points above. I agree that in the level56+ Expansion areas, there should be a higher percentage of Guns vs Gears. I'd say currently it is 1:10 (even less for some people) and a ratio of 1:3 or 3:10 would be welcome, in my opinion.

I do disagree with the lower to mid levels. From looting these areas very frequently, I see 1/3 of Uniques are Gears (with and without +Luck %), 1/3 are Melees and 1/3 are Guns, of any type. In my opinion, the lower to mid levels unique loot percentages are balanced, unlike the level 56+ areas.

Nerfing Luck % would make getting Uniques in the first place, a lot lot harder for newer players coming into the game. Part of the fun in this game is finding these Uniques, and it should not be made incredible difficult for the newer players to obtain +Luck Gears. Newer players would be more likely give up on the game if +Luck on Gears was removed (Disaster situation as we all know, we need more players coming in)

All in all, I propose there to be more Gun specific containers in level 56+ areas only. Speaking to a lot of the other players in-game, there is a consensus that there is now too much Water loots in missions. Remove some of them, and replace with Gun containers (ie. The Green gun box and Black gun box)

Thanks for reading

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Peter u are rigth. On low and mid levels ratio for uniq gear and guns are balanced. On 56plus lvl are totaly unbalanced with ratio 10:1. 

fadouss

fadouss
  • 21 posts

i hope con fixes this issue either by lowering the rate of gears drop or rising the rate of gun unique guns drop :)  so the game and the trade always  balanced :) and hope that they rise the unique drop for low lvl too lower lvl 15 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 691 posts
I think we are confusing the point here. The original issue wasn't that there are too many armors, but that too many armors are of the lucky variety, and they have lower stats than non-lucky ones.

Also:

I'd say currently it is 1:10 (even less for some people) and a ratio of 1:3 or 3:10 would be welcome, in my opinion.

You can test this by yourself:

RnuD2w0.jpg

The first two images are from a HAZ Military base, and the lower one is from a Police Station. As you can see, the weapon/gear ratios are 10:6 and 13:4, with the highest drop being weapons. Of course these are only two missions, but I think it's enough to say right away that this "1 weapon for every 10 armors" thing is not correct.

These were manual missions, by the way. Maybe someone can confirm if it's the same for autos, or even post screenshots if you are getting a different ratio than me, or from missions in other types of buildings.

Edited by Lana Woo, 13 March 2018 - 07:44 AM.

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Lana we are talking about ratio uniq armors vs uniq guns.Last 25% loot boost week, i got 23 uniq armors and 0 uniq guns. All 25% boost week are the same for me. Uniq armors, armors and only armors

Baselab

Baselab
  • 25 posts

Lana we are talking about ratio uniq armors vs uniq guns.Last 25% loot boost week, i got 23 uniq armors and 0 uniq guns. All 25% boost week are the same for me. Uniq armors, armors and only armors

I totally agree with that. In my case I have to loot 20-30 uni gears before getting 1 single uni gun, and even when I do loot a gun, is one of those stupid suppressed new ones that are useful for absolutely nothing. Oh... and using any OS, Looter or lucky stuff just makes things even worse.

I really hope something's done to fix this because is getting totally out of control... Pages and pages of armors when I can count the guns with only the fingers of one hand.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 691 posts

My point is that the problem is not the weapon/gear drop rate itself, so this won't be fixed just by increasing the weapon drops. For example, if even when getting at least twice as many guns than armors you are getting 0-1 uni gun for every 20 uni armors, what drop rate would fix that? It would be 12 guns for every armor at the very least to get a 1:3 or 1:6 ratio of uniques, and even then it would not be a guaranteed solution if something else is wrong.

By the way, does this happens even when you don't have any boosts? I suspect there is something with the boost itself, because I haven't had any in years and I usually loot similar amounts of lvl56+ unique guns and armors, if my memory is to be trusted (definitely not 1:10, and not even 1:5 I'd say).

Baselab

Baselab
  • 25 posts

My point is that the problem is not the weapon/gear drop rate itself, so this won't be fixed just by increasing the weapon drops. For example, if even when getting at least twice as many guns than armors you are getting 0-1 uni gun for every 20 uni armors, what drop rate would fix that? It would be 12 guns for every armor at the very least to get a 1:3 or 1:6 ratio of uniques, and even then it would not be a guaranteed solution if something else is wrong.

By the way, does this happens even when you don't have any boosts? I suspect there is something with the boost itself, because I haven't had any in years and I usually loot similar amounts of lvl56+ unique guns and armors, if my memory is to be trusted (definitely not 1:10, and not even 1:5 I'd say).

To me the lucky stat is not the real problem, because luck should theoretically work the same way both for finding gears and guns but... the drop rate is the real issue here. 

It is not normal at all coming by uni gears so easily and then struggling real hard to loot a single uni gun. Like ShefketRammadani1 said before, I think I looted 15-20 uni gears during last mega and... 0 uni guns! And this happens with alliance boosts and without, with looters and without, with shinies and without, with lucky gear/clothing and without. In fact, as I mentioned on my previous post, using lucky "enhancements" makes the looting issue even worse.

I really don't know if this is intentional or just another "brilliant" example of bad coding but it's triggering a lot of people already.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 268 posts

from now on make a post from yourself and show case all level 56+ uniques you get so we can see the ratio per week

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Ok, after 27 days without any comment of Con about this problem, we easy can say that Con dont  even think about us anymore. They only comment if somene say:

This  is stealing or you took my money!!!

One more mega loot boost with 25% start and on first 8 hours i found 6 uniq gears. 5 uniq armors and 1 holster.  Con just do something about this problem or more and more people will quit playing this game!!!!!

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Just a update.....i am on 20 plus uniq gears this week, still 0 uniq guns :(

pak

pak
  • 84 posts

yes its happening alot now days boost works good only for vests from 56-60 lvl  there alot of loot boost im using but struggling to find any LR but getting vests once in 5-6 missions sometime i even find 3-4 together from each missions please check this and fix this out thank you