Photo

Trained Books?

trained books temporary So? When?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 94 posts

Trained Books are still "temporarily disabled" which is redolent with the fragrances of beta like the game itself.  So I have some questions:

1. Are trained going to be permanently banned  because a few players are essentially clueless about how the game works and whined about being attacked with high level weapons?

2. Are you working on fixing the books and intend to restore them? 

3.  If so, when?  Or is this a client side issue?

4.  Do you still believe they were being misused (even when not double-stack exploited)?  If so, why?

5. Do I clear several hundred inventory slots across my accounts ?  Anything else I might as well throw away?

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

I feel like statement 1 is just absolute BS. The reason they were disabled was because of the exploit, not people complaining............

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 94 posts

Luisss, were in the original discussion?  Apparently not.  Con informed us that some players were complaining that they were being raided by players using guns above their level, not that they were using guns OVER 5 levels above.

So, you are invited to refrain from calling my statements bullshit based on your "feelings".  Your quickness to respond in such a manner suggest that you were one of the whiners.  Am I wrong?  It's just my "feeling".

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

First of all, I don't raid to start (plenty of people can back that up, be careful with your assumptions). And I only logged in this morning and saw this which is why I may have "apparently" replied so quickly. 

For those whiners, I'm pretty sure there's more to it: there's always the option of getting a WF. Trained books can be looted by those people getting raided, so there's no imbalance there. And unfortunately, raiding is hard to balance, especially with alts. 

But from what I've heard/seen/read from many other posts is that the main reason is the exploit, especially since a 10-12lvl difference in LR ranges can be significantly large (look at the range difference between the maximum range achievable at lvl 40 vs lvl 55).

Don't treat me like some uninformed person nor someone using my "feelings." If you start doing that, your argument would be just an invalid. Is it my fault I was away from the game when the exploits started (mostly during the summer if I recall)? Just because I don't "participate" at first doesn't mean I don't know. 

You're not helping your rep in any way if you start making every counter argument simply look like "feelings." Because when you do that, then suddenly, nobody listens.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 94 posts

Your points are valid.  So why did you leap into this and insult me?  You might start by apologizing for insulting me since you have admitted you really don't know what I was referring to. 

In any case, I will operate under the assumption that I am probably three times your age and so will just drop this.  In the future, though, if you want to make comments, you might consider being polite and useful.  Ad hominem are fun only because this is the internet; you would not try that face to face.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Your points are valid.  So why did you leap into this and insult me?  You might start by apologizing for insulting me since you have admitted you really don't know what I was referring to. 

In any case, I will operate under the assumption that I am probably three times your age and so will just drop this.  In the future, though, if you want to make comments, you might consider being polite and useful.  Ad hominem are fun only because this is the internet; you would not try that face to face.

Maybe I should apologize, but if you are going to start acting as if you are "superior," then I see no point, because that honestly does not make you any better.

I didn't intend to insult you, and I didn't exclaim "YOUR POINTS ARE BS AND YOU ARE WRONG." But unfortunately since this is a forum, there is no tone or emotion in anything, so my sentences could be interpreted in many ways.

Treating people as "inferior" is also something you wouldn't do in person, even with age...... so why do it here? There are plenty of people who are smarter than others who are older. And also, how would you know that I wouldn't do this face to face? Again, assumptions which you simply do not know and cannot possibly know.

There is a reason why I have not made a single assumption about you because it would be invalid and just not useful in anyway to either side. In person, you wouldn't be able to do this, so what would you do instead?

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 589 posts

If only the Trained books did return as long as that book stacking exploit is fixed. Right now Disabling the trained books doesn't really stop any book stack exploit since other books out there in the dead zone can be abused.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 791 posts

If only the Trained books did return as long as that book stacking exploit is fixed. Right now Disabling the trained books doesn't really stop any book stack exploit since other books out there in the dead zone can be abused.

woo 0% ammo raids.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 94 posts

The short answer appears to be that Con has decided he doesn't like Trained books (which I believe he said at some point) and therefore will simply let them die.  There is also the possibility (likely) that the devs have no clue how to fix the exploit AND retain the books.  The other books are still exploited but are not quite as egregious.

And Luiss, you are invited to place your buccal labia on my gluteus maximus.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trained, books, temporary, So?, When?