Photo

Deathtouch Broken?

Deathtouch Broken Nerf

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 100 posts

Just thought I would put it up here and see what you think.

I feel like Con needs to revise the deathtouch immediately. You may not realize how broken they are but they take a problem that is deadeyes with the new LMG's and they add too it to a point where there is no point in even trying anymore :P

Right now there are defences where I can spawn in and die before I can control my survivors, and that is with maxed HB-armors, decoys in defence make the attacker pop his head up and they get instantly stunned/knocked back and killed, now you add extra knockback to that and damage. It's not going to be pretty. That is not even knowing if the range will max out at the 45% it looks to right now.

I'm sure there are cheeky ways of getting around it for those who get instant control of their survivors, using a medic to heal to avoid the damage etc but for anyone with a not top notch system or connection it's instant death.

Thoughts?

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 15 March 2018 - 02:04 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,273 posts

Thanks for the feedback, as with all of the Infamous items, they're set up so that we can reset them (allowing players to recycle and get all of their crafting cost back).

We'll see how they go and I'll be interested to see more feedback.

ThreeOhFour

ThreeOhFour
  • 2 posts

I don't really see the problem with them to be honest, damage boost isn't really that significant nor is the knock back, already tested on my own base and it's pretty much the same as when i didn't have them..

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 85 posts

Thanks for the feedback, as with all of the Infamous items, they're set up so that we can reset them (allowing players to recycle and get all of their crafting cost back).

oh we can get our fuel back if they're changed in any way?

I also e-mailed you about a 15k fuel pack i bought months ago and didn't get the coc50 or mystery box... soo uh yh be appreciated lol. I assume you'll remove this post as it's unrelated but clearly i won't get a response through the e-mail or forum post i made.

ThreeOhFour

ThreeOhFour
  • 2 posts

What level is your base at and is it a spawntrap?

It's Fields, Chris lol.. :P

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 85 posts

I can see how they could be a bit over the top with high-end equipment & I can see these proving to be way too powerful in the right hands.. but I dunno I'm  split on it at the moment, like I said I can see how used in conjunction with equipment like mine, Jacks or yours (us being the right hands), it could be crazy, but nobody really raids me, same with jack and yourself, so why does it matter? we don't need them for our defense and they can't be used in attack against us. I've had my guys on rally flags for over 3 weeks before just cos I can, I leave empty most times I log off so deathtouch in my defense or not would make little difference. But the easier active level 60 bases would gain a lot from these (ironhead included) which is good. 

On one hand I like the easier bases I raid getting harder, it's nice for the defender and attacker and since deathtouch makes little difference to my defense + I don't care about losing flags, I don't wanna come across as if I'm salty cos the easier bases will be a bit harder but on the other hand I can see in hands like mine how these could be very powerful, but again, makes 0 difference as only one person raids me every now and then. but I think if you're unsure say no, so I don't think they should be nerfed for now.

Isn't there new HBAs coming out soon as well? so might even things out, at least a little bit.

Plus I'm ok bringing more attackers to a raid if needed and not bothering at all if I can't beat a base until I get better equipment, I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to keep the bases I raid easy 1/2-mans by saying these should be nerfed. Hence why I didn't get involved in the last 2 discussions much except in PMs with you.

"Right now there are defences where I can spawn in and die before I can control my survivors, and that is with maxed HB-armors"

that's cos lag though, deathtouch will just speed up the inevitable in that case so would it really matter? lol

Sorry if I'm repeating myself a little here, I'm very repetitive when tired as I forget what I said and can't be bothered re-reading due to my eyes being 90% closed ^.^

I'm split still because on one hand I like the easier bases I raid getting harder, it's nice for the player and attacker and deathtouch makes little difference to people like me so I don't wanna come across as if I'm salty cos the easier bases will be a bit harder but on the other hand I can see in hands like mine how these could be very powerful, but I think if you're unsure say no, so I don't think they should be nerfed for now.

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 100 posts

"Right now there are defences where I can spawn in and die before I can control my survivors, and that is with maxed HB-armors"

that's cos lag though, deathtouch will just speed up the inevitable in that case so would it really matter? lol

My point being that with the extra damage and knockback it people will die even with managing to get control of their survivors rendering you completely unraidable.

Not sure about you but I don't want to be unbeatable, neither do I want others to be unbeatable (given they invest in the stuff they'd need to craft).

These new additions might very well make all bases a bit harder but it's exponential to with what guns you have. In other words people with bad stuff will get a slight buff, people with insane gear will get a much greater buff.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is a good thing. You need to realize that people will keep getting better gear so the amount of unraidable bases will rise as time goes on as well.

I was hoping for a bigger discussion on this but I suppose people haven't really thought of the implications yet, or perhaps I'm dead wrong, could be.

PS: Fields mind you that practice raids sometimes spawns the defense without some clothes, switches guns etc, so make sure it actually equipped the stuff.

Edited by ChrisHitchens, 17 March 2018 - 06:52 PM.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

My point being that with the extra damage and knockback it people will die even with managing to get control of their survivors rendering you completely unraidable.

Not sure about you but I don't want to be unbeatable, neither do I want others to be unbeatable (given they invest in the stuff they'd need to craft).

These new additions might very well make all bases a bit harder but it's exponential to with what guns you have. In other words people with bad stuff will get a slight buff, people with insane gear will get a much greater buff.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is a good thing. You need to realize that people will keep getting better gear so the amount of unraidable bases will rise as time goes on as well.

I was hoping for a bigger discussion on this but I suppose people haven't really thought of the implications yet, or perhaps I'm dead wrong, could be.

PS: Fields mind you that practice raids sometimes spawns the defense without some clothes, switches guns etc, so make sure it actually equipped the stuff.

You must remember everything is changed after launch, these might be dominant for a month or two. However Con will fix this, this game is always changing. Give it time and they will nerf these new toys. They will still be good, but fair.

ChrisHitchens

ChrisHitchens
  • 100 posts

You must remember everything is changed after launch, these might be dominant for a month or two. However Con will fix this, this game is always changing. Give it time and they will nerf these new toys. They will still be good, but fair.

No, things aren't changed if people don't speak about it. The thing is you can roll back things now but it gets trickier and trickier as time goes by since people recycle old crafts etc and the fuel refund wont be applicable then and so on. Anyways I'll let people realize in their own pace and enjoy my doubly hard compound that no one ever raids.

My Chemical Zord

My Chemical Zord
  • 38 posts

If death touches are nerfed, to what degree will they be nerfed? They should still be significantly better than dead eyes, even after the nerf due to simply being an upgrade, the next step up. My base with them right now is so strong that I can't even beat it once in several hundred attempts. I like that my base is very strong, but I don't like that my rivals' bases are stronger as well. 

Nerfing deathtouches will have a lot of upsides and downsides. Choose wisely, Con. 

Edited by My Chemical Zord, 08 April 2018 - 05:19 PM.

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 54 posts

what mean "cost back"? is the components, the fuel, or what?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathtouch, Broken, Nerf