Photo

Crash Sites

#Better Loot :) #New Zones #CAG Team

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

I`m curious as what kind of helicopter it would be though would it be like a Chinook or V22 Osprey or one of the military variants of the Sikorsky S-70 ? or maybe there would be a chance to get one of those 3 depending on the size of the crash site like a large crash site could have a Chinook/Osprey   and a smaller sized crash site could have a Black Hawk or maybe a Seahawk for coastal crash sites to give smaller sized crash sites different variants like the larger crash sites 

Very interesting. I personally thought about this possibility, but in all seriousness if we were took get a helicopter modeled into the game there would probably be one. Because Con are never the ones to waste anything, so we would probably be given one that is iconic yet very practical to put in a mission for carrying soldiers. I would say it would have to be the Huey.

I mean look the dead guys in the maps, we've had the same dead guy models for 6 years now. Con don't waste time on what they don't 'need'.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

If I remember correctly, there was an helicopter listed in the teaser image for the Containment event, which is the one HERC used to make surveillance of the High Activity Zones within the Dead Zone. I can't find the image or the post, though.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Very interesting. I personally thought about this possibility, but in all seriousness if we were took get a helicopter modeled into the game there would probably be one. Because Con are never the ones to waste anything, so we would probably be given one that is iconic yet very practical to put in a mission for carrying soldiers. I would say it would have to be the Huey.

I mean look the dead guys in the maps, we've had the same dead guy models for 6 years now. Con don't waste time on what they don't 'need'.

knowing our luck it would be the same crashed helicopter from the beginning of TLS 2 with the same model and everything LOL

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

New Update: Time line added. Gimme some feedback :)

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Am I the only one who thinks HERC spawning in a way similar to zombies is not a good idea?

Yes, I get it, they want their guns back and they probably want to bury their dead. That doesn't mean they get to throw waves of men into a hostile zone with both (extremely heavily armed) survivors and giant hordes of zombies. Unless the DZ is truly the only region still under zombie infestation (unlikely given the events of The Last Stand 1 and 2), HERC and the US in general should be in pretty bad shape. Is what you said about paradropping onto the field in the middle of the mission possible? Yes, of course. But I think it unlikely HERC won't cut their losses after losing 20 dudes in one mission. After all, no point in trying to get the guns back when you lost even more on your dead infantry.

Also, I am not actually sure the combat AI is smart enough to get HERC infantry (basically reskinned survivors) to move into cover. When we go to fight Union Island, the HERC infantry spawns at preset positions and do not move. Unless paradropping actually means the spawn area actually being in cover, I have serious doubts about this working. And if the spawn area is in cover, why not just use the Union Island model and have HERC spawned in at map loading?

I think im ready to tackle your logic here.  I completely understand, but what im trying to say here is that this technology is TOP SECRET HERC classified. If the survivors get their hands on this tech it will ruin the HERCs chance of taking Union City and wiping out the survivors. This technology is for HERC eyes only and if we get their tech its game over for them, so they are willing to risk a lot of men in order to get their technology back. I think you had some great points in here. I just chose to tackle this one point in your post. 

Thanks so much for posting, hope I clarified this a bit.

:) 

ZIXX

ZIXX
  • 13 posts

I`m curious as what kind of helicopter it would be though would it be like a Chinook or V22 Osprey or one of the military variants of the Sikorsky S-70 ? or maybe there would be a chance to get one of those 3 depending on the size of the crash site like a large crash site could have a Chinook/Osprey   and a smaller sized crash site could have a Black Hawk or maybe a Seahawk for coastal crash sites to give smaller sized crash sites different variants like the larger crash sites 

I think that the Mil Mi-24 Russian Attack Copter would be the best kind of helicopter used by herc as it can drop troops and attack its enemy...

1200px-Mi24CP_%28modified%29.jpg

Edited by ZIXX, 22 March 2018 - 07:16 AM.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

I think that the Mil Mi-24 Russian Attack Copter would be the best kind of helicopter used by herc as it can drop troops and attack its enemy...

1200px-Mi24CP_%28modified%29.jpg

Edit: Been thinking about this idea a lot. I really like it the more I think of it, it opens the door to all kinds of awesome possibilities. Also, the United States wouldn't be selling their vehicles to HERC, but the Russians will sell to anyone with a dollar to spend. 

Edited by AZ Leader, 23 March 2018 - 02:14 PM.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

I've had another idea that is alternate to the Crash Site idea so far. Instead of a regular mission, it could be a 3 stage event where you have to fight all three levels. Very similar to the island; Each level has their own boss battle. Two would be infected bosses, but then there is a HERC boss with a minigun. With an obvious weakness but you have to get him vulnerable somehow. I believe this could also add to the awesome missions con has given us thus far. 

After killing the boss who has made his way to the crash site, you are able to loot the helicopter. The helicopter would give you not only a unique raid haul, but it would guarantee 2 premium items as well. Making it easier for players that find themselves lacking gear and keys would make their money by playing this mission.

Thanks for reading, lemme know what you think.

Edited by AZ Leader, 23 March 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

I've had another idea that is alternate to the Crash Site idea so far. Instead of a regular mission, it could be a 3 stage event where you have to fight all three levels. Very similar to the island; Each level has their own boss battle. Two would be infected bosses, but then there is a HERC boss with a minigun. With an obvious weakness but you have to get him vulnerable somehow. I believe this could also add to the awesome missions con has given us thus far. 

After killing the boss who has made his way to the crash site, you are able to loot the helicopter. The helicopter would give you not only a unique raid haul, but it would guarantee 2 premium items as well. Making it easier for players that find themselves lacking gear and keys would make their money by playing this mission.

Hmm, not too keen on the 3 part event, but I guess it could work............ Also, for the minigun herc boss, would that be an upgraded version of herc? (different skin and more health and armor) because it wouldn't be a great boss if it were just a normal herc XD.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Hmm, not too keen on the 3 part event, but I guess it could work............ Also, for the minigun herc boss, would that be an upgraded version of herc? (different skin and more health and armor) because it wouldn't be a great boss if it were just a normal herc XD.

Think new infected bosses. But with more health and a deadly minigun. Also im not too keen on the 3 part event. Its just the only way I see Con actually being able to accomodate all that we'd like to add via this Crash Site idea.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Think new infected bosses. But with more health and a deadly minigun. Also im not too keen on the 3 part event. Its just the only way I see Con actually being able to accomodate all that we'd like to add via this Crash Site idea.

Yeah, fair point on the 3 part event, like TD XD. But I guess really slow high health infected with special maybe even ranged attacks? And minigun herc could be like an Ubersoldier with more armor, more range, more dps, and I guess a healthbar? He can also be standing (not behind cover) but with a really high range, forcing survivors to get to cover themselves while approaching it otherwise they just get suppressed. 

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Yeah, fair point on the 3 part event, like TD XD. But I guess really slow high health infected with special maybe even ranged attacks? And minigun herc could be like an Ubersoldier with more armor, more range, more dps, and I guess a healthbar? He can also be standing (not behind cover) but with a really high range, forcing survivors to get to cover themselves while approaching it otherwise they just get suppressed. 

Brilliant idea, awesome. Health bar just like infected bosses; however they need to more actively distract this ubersoldier.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Brilliant idea, awesome. Health bar just like infected bosses; however they need to more actively distract this ubersoldier.

Yep, the soldier shouldn't have a reload time but may stop shooting like normal herc would when enemies are out of range. Distracting it would probably involve attacking in groups, not just all at once otherwise suppression makes it impossible.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Yep, the soldier shouldn't have a reload time but may stop shooting like normal herc would when enemies are out of range. Distracting it would probably involve attacking in groups, not just all at once otherwise suppression makes it impossible.

Yeah sounds good to me. Once again really good ideas in here.

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 53 posts

Yeah sounds good to me. Once again really good ideas in here.

When you put the timeline like that, i believe this going to be a couple of missions to hunt them down the leaders of homeland environment risk control. Showing off what happens when pass the days.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

When you put the timeline like that, i believe this going to be a couple of missions to hunt them down the leaders of homeland environment risk control. Showing off what happens when pass the days.

I love this, actually would be so amazing. Hunting down the bosses and once you beat the first boss you get the location of the second, and then after that, you get the last boss.

andrewsmg99

andrewsmg99
  • 24 posts

Your idea is good and the 3 stage event is also awsome. But the 3 stage event as you said that the event has a boss but if we changed the event to like stage1 was only normal zombies and the survivors will have their time prepare to fight the zombie boss in the stage2. For the stage2 i had some ideas, the stage2 will came out a zombie boss along with others zombies OR a big horde of zombies more like the zombie rushing in the game but the zombie rush would be stronger than the normal zombie rush and harder to clear it. The stage3 will more same like you said to fight the elite Herc Boss. The Herc boss will like the commander of the crash copter or the elite of those Herc soldiers. The deadly minigun with high DPS, APS and KNOCKBACK will be equiped by the Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss. The Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss will not be alone, he will be aid by others herc soldiers on fighting the survivors.....

**This event will not be an EASY MISSION, if else the survivors would loot the UNIQUE and the PREMS easily**

**Adding "Timeline" in this mission would be great for survivors to knew their enemies**

Heavy.jpg

The Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss will be more or less same like this two photos but eqipped with a deadly minigun.

**HEAVILY ARMED**

**HEAVILY ARMED EXO SUIT**

HM9XbI2.jpg

Edited by andrewsmg99, 24 March 2018 - 07:33 AM.

andrewsmg99

andrewsmg99
  • 24 posts

Edit: Been thinking about this idea a lot. I really like it the more I think of it, it opens the door to all kinds of awesome possibilities. Also, the United States wouldn't be selling their vehicles to HERC, but the Russians will sell to anyone with a dollar to spend. 

Yep absolutely. The HERC may be tried to purchase some military weapons from the US but the US government refuse to sell it to them as they feared the HERC may use those weapons on them one day. After the dissapointment, HERC make their decisions to purchase military weapons from the Russians. Maybe more alike the weapons of the herc soldiers in the future will be same like the weapons used by the russians.

Edited by andrewsmg99, 24 March 2018 - 07:16 AM.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Your idea is good and the 3 stage event is also awsome. But the 3 stage event as you said that the event has a boss but if we changed the event to like stage1 was only normal zombies and the survivors will have their time prepare to fight the zombie boss in the stage2. For the stage2 i had some ideas, the stage2 will came out a zombie boss along with others zombies OR a big horde of zombies more like the zombie rushing in the game but the zombie rush would be stronger than the normal zombie rush and harder to clear it. The stage3 will more same like you said to fight the elite Herc Boss. The Herc boss will like the commander of the crash copter or the elite of those Herc soldiers. The deadly minigun with high DPS, APS and KNOCKBACK will be equiped by the Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss. The Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss will not be alone, he will be aid by others herc soldiers on fighting the survivors.....

**This event will not be an EASY MISSION, if else the survivors would loot the UNIQUE and the PREMS easily**

**Adding "Timeline" in this mission would be great for survivors to knew their enemies**

Heavy.jpg

The Heavily Armed Elite Herc Boss will be more or less same like this two photos but eqipped with a deadly minigun.

**HEAVILY ARMED**

HM9XbI2.jpg

Basically the same idea I had, but nice idea for the visuals. Also, we could have not only high aps, kb and damage but also range and suppression, to force the player to work in teams to get up close.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Heavy.jpg

**HEAVILY ARMED**

HM9XbI2.jpg

Basically the same idea I had, but nice idea for the visuals. Also, we could have not only high aps, kb and damage but also range and suppression, to force the player to work in teams to get up close.

I think 1000% we needed visuals to all be on the same page with what we want, and this is exactly what I envisioned for the Herc badass super soldiers. This would be awesome in game and even cooler to fight against.