Photo

Make The Useless Useful And Minor Changes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 53 posts

I am thinking about a few things that can make the game more interesting for new players, possibly the new players don’t stay to long because the interesting things appear in level 15 to 20, so, the idea is introducing new features that initiate on level 10 to give them a reason to stay here.

Everyone will be agree with this: we need more players, every day we see the same faces in chat so why not make a few changes to maintain the newer players and other things that can be implement.

1. - Improvised explosive, this are for non-DMU players who are the newer players.
The only reason to use the satchel charges is for complete the achievements (in my opinion) so why not implement in missions the use of this explosives like:

-This are for the users who don’t have enough money to pay the DMU; a way to reduce the returning time a little: a mission

where the objective is destroy some barricades, roadblocks, fences, etc, in this type of missions you have some requirements like an engineer to select the right spot, improvised explosive (obviously) and covering fire because the engineer need time to put the charges, if this is done, the level of the improvised explosive need to be changed from 15 to 10 and the idea is; in meadow  view west for example we can see on the map there are a wall destroyed (same on expansion update picture), so, this can be a mission to destroy the wall and give acces to our survivors a new places.

-A minor change can be: choice the spot to put the charge because just standing in some place and accidentally press right click can mess up the chance.

-Different qualities for satchel charges: the use of a satchel charge with more damage to break up buildings more easy, we know the melee is the best to do this job but some guys when do a raid don’t carry any melee weapon and the use of a firearms to break buildings take a little longer.

2. - Tactical manual:
The use of this notes not are what we expected because the improvements they give us is not a good thing, so to give a new air and make them more useful is:

-Tactical manual to give a chance to find a certain item: this is a little overpower because this note increase the chances to find something specific that we need.

-In the case of weapons: submachine guns, sniper, assault rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc.

-In the case of melee: blunt, blade, chainsaw (if the zone have this type of weapon), etc.

-To the gears: armors, arrows, ammunition mod, bandos, etc.

-Research components or research notes.

-The introduction of unique manuals, we see the rare manual in the containment event and can be a good thing see unique and rare notes in further events.

3. - Ads to obtain fuel (possibly I will be hated for this):
An advertisement to earn 5 or 10 units of fuel with a limit of 100 each day, con can earn money using this idea (or he ban me for say something like this).

The minor changes.

With the introducing of new capped level the returning time in missions can be changed because they still looks like if we have level 55, for example in level 28 the returning time without DMU and UCS are 4 hours, what mean from the middle to the final levels the returning time are 4 hours, so, with the level 60 improvement the beginning of the 4 hours can appear on level 31 to 60 and from the level 30 to lowers can be the next one's:

1- 5 minutes               11- 40 minutes                         21- 2 hours 20 minutes

2- 5 minutes               12- 50 minutes                        22- 2 hours 30 minutes

3- 10 minutes             13- 1 hour                                 23- 2 hours 40 minutes

4- 10 minutes             14- 1 hour 10 minutes           24- 2 hours 50 minutes         

5- 15 minutes             15- 1 hour 20 minutes           25- 3 hours                

6- 15 minutes             16-1 hour 30 minutes            26- 3 hours 10 minutes

7- 20 minutes             17- 1 hour 40 minutes           27- 3 hours 20 minutes

8- 20 minutes             18- 1 hour 50 minutes           28- 3 hours 30 minutes

9- 25 minutes             19- 2 hours                              29- 3 hours 40 minutes         

10- 30 minutes           20- 2 hours 10 minutes        30- 3 hours 50 minutes
(All are based on the actual times)

-Balance the ratio on the higher levels, these levels have a seriously problem with this, we have 7 weapons and 3 armors, but the ratio are 10 armors for each weapon, the idea is balance the ratio that would be 2 or 3 armors for each weapon, something more equal.

For example in the levels 51 to 55 we have 5 armors, 1 backpack and a holster, in total 7 gears, in the case of weapons we have 1 pistol, 3 assault rifle, 1 heavy weapon, 2 snipers and one melee, this means we have 8 weapons and 7 gears, so the ratio are nearly 1 by 1, my point is if con don’t introduce new gears, at least compensate the ratio, obviously is not possible make a ratio of 2.333... Armors for each weapon (is possible in the IA but not in practice), in case of correction it will be for example: 1 CQB for HR-433 and MG36, 1 commando for UMP-9S and SSG-15 and 1 combat armor for M40A5, G28 and SKS (is not necessary this combinations but we need a balance).

-This is the last one, option to obtain a log in case of bug, error, etc like the log on raids but this will contain the actions of the game.

This option can be a key combination or a button in-game to send a log, this is a way to help con with the bugs, such as: unequipped books.

Sorry for make this post too longer.

Edited by RYVDYASJV, 07 April 2018 - 02:25 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

Some feedback:

1) I like blowing things up, so I like the idea to have some type of mission where this is the objective.

2) Tactics manuals indeed feel underused, and I think one with chance to find quality items would be very welcome. The idea of increasing chance to find some types of items is very interesting, but I think it would be better to make those non-craftable, or if they are craftable, to make them random (that is, you can craft a Weapons tactics manual and it's up to fate if you get the Long Rifle one, the SMG one, etc), otherwise people would only craft Long Rifle/Assault Rifle/LMG ones and ignore the rest, and possibly devalue those weapons even further.

3) Ads were used in the past to earn free fuel, but it was removed. I don't know the reason. However, we have enough ways to find or earn fuel as it is.

4) I remember hearing this about return times recently, and I agree with it completely.

5) I'd like to say again that the 10:1 ratio some people seem to have is not actually programmed in the game, it's most likely a bug. I though it would be related to the Alliance boost, but it's not the case because I bought the boost this round and I'm still finding balanced amounts of weapons and gear, both unique and normal.

6) Con was recommending players to install the debugger version of Flash Player, which would throw up a log of the errors it would find. A way to export an error log that payers would be able to send to the developers would greatly help to fix them, especially in cases where the bug has not been able to be replicated. i don't know if it's doable from the techinal point of view, though.

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 53 posts

Some feedback:

1) I like blowing things up, so I like the idea to have some type of mission where this is the objective.

2) Tactics manuals indeed feel underused, and I think one with chance to find quality items would be very welcome. The idea of increasing chance to find some types of items is very interesting, but I think it would be better to make those non-craftable, or if they are craftable, to make them random (that is, you can craft a Weapons tactics manual and it's up to fate if you get the Long Rifle one, the SMG one, etc), otherwise people would only craft Long Rifle/Assault Rifle/LMG ones and ignore the rest, and possibly devalue those weapons even further.

3) Ads were used in the past to earn free fuel, but it was removed. I don't know the reason. However, we have enough ways to find or earn fuel as it is.

4) I remember hearing this about return times recently, and I agree with it completely.

5) I'd like to say again that the 10:1 ratio some people seem to have is not actually programmed in the game, it's most likely a bug. I though it would be related to the Alliance boost, but it's not the case because I bought the boost this round and I'm still finding balanced amounts of weapons and gear, both unique and normal.

6) Con was recommending players to install the debugger version of Flash Player, which would throw up a log of the errors it would find. A way to export an error log that payers would be able to send to the developers would greatly help to fix them, especially in cases where the bug has not been able to be replicated. i don't know if it's doable from the techinal point of view, though.

thanks for the feedback.

i didn't know we can earn fuel using ads in the past because i am here since 2013.

i agree with the economy point you took and the idea need to be reworked.

with the bug on the ratio, i dont know how work, but i have that in my case.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

You know, on second thought I might have found something about the armor thing. I need to test some stuff first.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 812 posts

Some feedback:

I feel the real potential for tactics manuals would be that they are consumable books similar to looters or peak oil 50s, allowing you to add additional boosts to your "permanent" books. Where they fall to the wayside is that they are not scavengeable, so the slot remains empty, and the benefit of using them is far outweighed by the cost to craft them.

As for ads, iirc, they were removed because ads-for-fuel made the game feel like "those crappy facebook daily login games", and Con wanted to avoid that association.

Forsaken

Forsaken
  • 26 posts

There used to be surveys and linked offers for fuel yes. I remember buying a nice t-shirt with my own design on it once and it gave me 1400 fuel with it. Those were cool offers though, I'd like those back one day, don't know why I never asked for them to return. Anyway I think it's better to have that association back then the *Con doesn't really fix anything and doesn't seem to be involved in the game anymore* association. 

I mean this thread has some good ideas , but it seems like a waste of time to me cause it's been clear for a while (months, maybe years) now that Con doesn't do anything about the game anymore than add new stuff from events every once in a while.