Photo

App Not Authorized?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

gino

gino
  • 1 posts

Same issue today... was able to play just fine last night. Have never encountered this issue before.

TheLastDraconian

TheLastDraconian
  • 4 posts
darth chandra Thanks it work for me !!

ATTENTION  all facebook players! FB changed the security settings. To fix you need to go to settings (where you log out) then click apps and websites. then click the expired tab. you will see dead one listed there. Below the games listed with be an area labeled "apps, websites, and games. " you need to click "EDIT" then turn it off. all the games will disappear. then you need to click "EDIT" again and turn it back on. now you have to go through gameroom like the very 1st time you ever played the game. click play game and it should work now

Con

Con
  • 4,273 posts

Facebook are refreshing their tokens it turns out:

"Between April 9–21, 2018, tokens for users who have not actively logged into your app and granted consent to permissions in the last 90 days will expire. To refresh these user tokens, you must send people through the login process, and they must renew consent by clicking the Continue button. Renewal of consent is now required every 90 days."

Our suggestion for now is to LOG OUT of Facebook, then log back in and then load the game to see if that works for you. You can also try the solution offered in the post above. Unfortunately, none of us have expired tokens, so we can't replicate the issue atm.

We're working on an actual solution.

Edit:

We've added a feature that didn't exist when we first set up Dead Zone that will ask for you to "Continue with Facebook" if your app isn't authorized. For those having trouble, give it a shot and let us know how you go.

Planet Terror

Planet Terror
  • 3 posts

HEY all when your looking at settings/apps/ expired and view the authorization window (just like darth chandra's fix), although you can turn off allow friends and photos, then turn it back on and save the changes without going thru with the removal of the app.        this worked for me, i could not bring myself to hit the button that said it risked deletion so i tried this and it worked. hope it works for you