Photo

Melee Weapons And Melee Resistance Items

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Robai

Robai
  • 39 posts

Why melee weapons almost never drop in lvls 40-50?

Also why melee resistance gear almost never drop in lvls 30+ ?

The highest lvl melee weapon I have is lvl 43, I've got plenty of ranged Rare or UNIs though, but I need melee since I don't like PvP in this game, but I do enjoy PvE, the ammo runs out too fast so I can afford only 2 or 3 out of 5 to be ranged, I have enough fuel to buy a book for -50% Ammo cost, but it's useless to me since 4 book slots are already filled with a must have books already: +40% Inventory, WF, 2 x General, -50% USC.

If only we could put a book to tactic slot ...

Any tips on getting high lvl melee weapons? (especially the ones with high knockback)

My tanks still wear lvl 25 blue armor with 40-50% melee resistance since at higher lvls nothing better dropped yet, sadly (my leader is lvl 51 atm).

Once my engineer will hit lvl 51 I'll start crafting Warbringer, but I'm short on infamous components atm (I do have plenty of infamous Notes/Trophies though), I guess I'll have to recycle all those UNIs afterall.

As for armor, I don't see anything good in craftable armor.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

Why melee weapons almost never drop in lvls 40-50?

Because there are no lootable melees in that range. All of them are either improvised (Sword and Tonfa blade), Infamous (Pulverizer) or Event weapons. The next one you will be able to loot is the Tac Blade, which starts at level 51. Level 56+ melees (War Hammer and Blade Saw) are also craftable-only, so the Tac-Blade will be the only one you can loot from now on.

Also why melee resistance gear almost never drop in lvls 30+ ?

You can find some armors with 70% melee resistance, but if you are having problems to find them you can always buy. In most cases they are very cheap, and you should be able to buy one for notes, provided you don't need 70% projectile and explosive resistance and the level of the armor is 35+ (low level ones are usually worth more).

Edited by Lana Woo, 11 April 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Robai

Robai
  • 39 posts

Because there are no lootable melees in that range.

This is sad. Wrong design then.

All of them are either improvised (Sword and Tonfa blade), Infamous (Pulverizer) or Event weapons. The next one you will be able to loot is the Tac Blade, which starts at level 51. Level 56+ melees (War Hammer and Blade Saw) are also craftable-only, so the Tac-Blade will be the only one you can loot from now on.

Thanks! Good to know!

Knockback 80% on Pulverizer is sweet, but sadly it's improvised, so it's for my Engineer only (my Engineer already has a nice lvl 34 improvised UNI with 94.5% knockback though, so Pulverizer isn't a priority atm since I'll have to craft couple Warbringers first I guess, Warbringer has base 50% knockback, which is very nice).

You can find some armors with 70% melee resistance, but if you are having problems to find them you can always buy. In most cases they are very cheap, and you should be able to buy one for notes, provided you don't need 70% projectile and explosive resistance and the level of the armor is 35+ (low level ones are usually worth more).

One lvl 53 armor with 70% melee resistance finally dropped, but can't use it yet (I'm lvl 52 atm). I also have lvl 47 armor with 62.38% melee resistance, which dropped right after I created this topic, lol (I enjoy it already, it's already a big difference compared to previous 50% melee resistance).

Edited by Robai, 17 April 2018 - 07:16 PM.