Photo

"video Card Not Supported"

google chrome fps issues video card

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider
  • 236 posts

The latest version of Chrome no longer supports Flash. Even though the game itself can still launch, the error claiming that my current video card (GTX 1050 TI) isn't supported by the game pops up. I know the easy solution is simply to change over to Firefox or something, but I think this game should address the issue that Flash is being phased out slowly. 

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 79 posts

I have a GTX 960 and 60 mb Internet and have the same issue. I splurged and bought this laptop last year (there was nothing wrong with my old one except that it wasn't powerful enough for this game) so that I could play this game without lag and until recently it was great. Now, it's nothing but lag and disconnects. Using MS Edge or Opera is better than Chrome, but not by much. Seriously, Con, do you play this game? Do you have to refresh 5-10 times when logging in before the game loads successfully? Do you fail raids and the island due to lag or disconnects? This is what is happening to me and my teammates and frankly, it's getting hard to justify continuing to spend money on DMUs for new alts or fuel packages.

Con

Con
  • 4,202 posts

If you're on laptops, you need to make sure that the video cards are using the video card for your browsers. Nvidia cards like the ones you mentioned don't usually have Chrome in their white list to display the game using the GPU.

Quick check here:

From NVIDIA Control Panel
3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings
Tab "Global setttings"
Preferred Graphics Processor 
Select : High performance NVIDIA processor

I'm not seeing the same issue on Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) on desktop with a  GTX 980.

Strider

Strider
  • 236 posts

I'm playing on a desktop so this option doesn't appear for me because the only card is the GTX 1050 TI anyway. 

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

Hiya,

just my two pence worth...

when this 'video card not supported' message appears unexpectedly check the video tab of the in game settings and look at the rendering method at the top,

a while back FB gameroom decided to update and 'improve' itself and triggered this message and really laggy gameplay,

the rendering method had been changed to 'software rendered' instead of the usual 'hardware accelerated'

I'm a big believer in 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and K.I.S.S.

unfortunately silicon valley thinks newer is always better, especially if it doesn't work until the user buys the latest equipment!

Con

Con
  • 4,202 posts

Hiya,

just my two pence worth...

when this 'video card not supported' message appears unexpectedly check the video tab of the in game settings and look at the rendering method at the top,

a while back FB gameroom decided to update and 'improve' itself and triggered this message and really laggy gameplay,

the rendering method had been changed to 'software rendered' instead of the usual 'hardware accelerated'

I'm a big believer in 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and K.I.S.S.

unfortunately silicon valley thinks newer is always better, especially if it doesn't work until the user buys the latest equipment!

Thanks Matt, I'd forgotten about this. You can check hardware acceleration is enabled by using this Flash help page: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

me again!

idk if you've noticed AG have been changing their site,

now once you're logged into AG you can't log back out without actually closing the browser, it may be contributing to the confusion of the server, sometimes when you navigate away from AG then come back to play again the browser still has you logged in but the connection has been broken and the attempted reconnection produces the 'you're already logged in, log out and come back later' message,

this makes refreshing the game even more confusing for the user, the server, the browser etc.

also AG seem to be in the process of a change over to https which is being rolled out in steps, it's not reached the deadzone yet but may cause more chaos when it happens!

Strider

Strider
  • 236 posts

Yeah it appears that the rendering mode has changed to software, how would I go about changing it back to hardware accelerated? I've enabled it via the dialog box then restarted my browser but the game still runs horribly because it doesn't seem to be able to change rendering modes.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

Yeah it appears that the rendering mode has changed to software, how would I go about changing it back to hardware accelerated? I've enabled it via the dialog box then restarted my browser but the game still runs horribly because it doesn't seem to be able to change rendering modes.

I'm having to guess here cos it hasn't happened to me but...

is it because Chrome has updated and changed itself?  if so look in Chromes settings and see if it's possible to enable hardware acceleration there,

is it because microsoft update has changed your graphics drivers or their configuration in some way?

I don't think you're the only person affected by this but as yet I've not sussed out what caused the change in the first place but I suspect one of the two possibilities above.

if you discover anything or find a fix let us know here so others can share the info!

idea: I use firefox and it's fine, you could install firefox and the flash for firefox and see if it's running in hardware accelerated format, if so it's prolly chrome being a dick, if firefox is software rendered too then microsoft update prolly has sabotaged your system!

I've also uninstalled flashplayer before, restarted my pc and then reinstalled it when I've had a wierd problem, it can get confused by updates to itself, browsers or the system.

Strider

Strider
  • 236 posts

Yeah I've downloaded Firefox and it's now essentially my Dead Zone emulator. Game works fine on Firefox so the issue is with Chrome. I haven't found any solutions to the issue and I doubt there will be one seeing as Chrome has started to phase out Flash.