Photo

"video Card Not Supported"

google chrome fps issues video card

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

pak

pak
  • 84 posts

matt thanks for help im playing this game since 2014 and i never had a lag issue because of my graphic card even my desktop pc is not that latest model but game was running absolutely smooth and nice until yesterday my pc automatic made my graphic card work i dont have any extra soft wear to run my graphic card even when window crash  i just install window and my graphic card automatically works 100% no issue with that and yes i tried firfox ist time and it working fine no more graphic warning but here on ff whenever i refresh things like building and all the stuff including inventory plus map  start appearing slowly like i have cleared chache but not refresh it didnt happen on chrome there after loading when u refresh next time all the things like building and stuff appear immediately there things dont take time to reload which is why i loved chrome

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

Hi pak,

I agree, the main drawback of firefox is the slow loading of the inventory, map etc,

in the past I used explorer and it loaded almost instantly,

with firefox I load the map, inventory , crafting, alliance panel etc before going to full screen, it loads a bit quicker,

also when I first open the inventory I immediately go to 'new items' which is empty and let the inventory load whilst watching the task manager icon on the task bar, you can see it drop when the inventory has loaded,

it does speed it up a bit but it would be great if Firefox did load up snappily like other browsers.

Firefox is open source, surely some geek could create a stripped down version of firefox that could be used exclusively for TLS:DZ rather like FB's Gameroom app/mini-browser,

it would have the potential to allow the game to live on long after Flash has ceased to be supported, I'm not that geek I'm afraid!

PabloSuper90

PabloSuper90
  • 9 posts

Hi Pablo,

sure, Firefox is available in 32-bit, I think the fancy thing about Quantum is that it's their first version also available in 64-bit format but it's always been available in 32-bit too,

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

if you visit the site from your desktop it should detect the operating system and serve you the correct version,

when it's installed if you click on the open menu thing, then 'help', then 'about firefox' it should display the version you've installed with whether it's 64 or 32 bit in brackets next to it,

it just seems sensible to me to use a 64-bit browser if your operating system can support it, otherwise use the traditional 32-bit format,

Yes, it's the 32-bit format, but the problem persists :( Another thing: why is it that the game gets stuck in "Loading game: joined game instance" and about 10% of the red bar loaded? It happens many times!

Edited by PabloSuper90, 10 June 2018 - 06:15 AM.

kevin1802

kevin1802
  • 12 posts

Yes, it's the 32-bit format, but the problem persists :( Another thing: why is it that the game gets stuck in "Loading game: joined game instance" and about 10% of the red bar loaded? It happens many times!

pablo: that's an issue that occurs across every browser that I've tried to play the game on.  It had happened least frequently with me on Chrome, but apparently I will no longer be able to play it on Chrome anymore.

IE continuously crashes for me only when playing this game - usually mid-mission or mid-raid.  I switched to Chrome because Firefox became unplayably laggy if I tried playing more than 1 mission without completely closing down the browser and restarting the game (with 8-10 attempts before it would actually load).  The takeaway I'm getting from this thread is that the game was good while it lasted, but it's no longer playable for me. The frustrating thing is that it was working just fine until about 2-3 weeks ago on my home laptop and until 2 days ago on my other laptop.  

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

pablo: that's an issue that occurs across every browser that I've tried to play the game on.  It had happened least frequently with me on Chrome, but apparently I will no longer be able to play it on Chrome anymore.

IE continuously crashes for me only when playing this game - usually mid-mission or mid-raid.  I switched to Chrome because Firefox became unplayably laggy if I tried playing more than 1 mission without completely closing down the browser and restarting the game (with 8-10 attempts before it would actually load).  The takeaway I'm getting from this thread is that the game was good while it lasted, but it's no longer playable for me. The frustrating thing is that it was working just fine until about 2-3 weeks ago on my home laptop and until 2 days ago on my other laptop.  

Hiya,

you're right that the loading hang happens across all browsers, this is because it's a server problem, Con Artist did get the hosting service to change a few things recently but still needs further attention,

Kevin,

your previous experience with Firefox may have been with an earlier version, there's a new version Firefox Quantum out now available in 32/64bit format,

also you can set it to clear cache and history on closedown which seems to help reloading a bit,

might be worth a last try, I use it all the time.

MrSentinel

MrSentinel
  • 38 posts

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a solution to this problem, but none of them have worked thus far for me.  Even going to the page about "poor video performance? Click here" results in pretty much technobabble that I cannot wrap my head around and a download that has no working link to view whatever it was they said would check if my chipset was working properly or something like that.  I'll keep monitoring this thread until a solution comes along, but for now, the game is no longer playable for me except as a completely lag-ridden experience.

Con, any suggestions?

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

Google Chrome Workaround

this is a workaround for the current problem with the game showing an unsupported video card warning and rendering in software mode whilst using the current version of Chrome. (build 67)

Method: revert back to build 65 that predates the changes causing the problem and disable google updater to lock the browser state.

Caution: your browser may not be as secure as it would be with the current version but hey.. at least the fupping game works properly!

Applicable Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit), some features of this walkthrough may vary with earlier versions of windows.

Note: you will prolly need to be signed in as admin to be able to do the disable updater bit.

Step 1: completely uninstall your current version of Google Chrome via control panel, programs and features,

Step 2: visit this site and download the installation file for Chrome Build 65

http://www.filepuma....18509/download/

Step 3: install Chrome using the file you have downloaded.

Step 4: before interacting in any way with the version of Chrome you have just installed you need to disable the google updater or it will be transformed into the current version,

it isn't enough to disable the two instances of google updater in services,

my solution: open 'This PC' via the start list, windows system,

click on C Drive to open the folder tree for your hard drive,

click Program Files (x86), Google, Update,

right click the name of the application GoogleUpdate and select 'rename'  add     .old     to the end of the application name.

(don't click on the blue highlighted bit, click on the white after it and type in    .old   and then click somewhere else on the page to complete the renaming)

now, when in chrome,  if you go to settings, help, about chrome it should display the build 65 number, try to update itself then return an error code saying it couldn't do it,

you can also visit Adobe Flashplayer downloads and download and install the latest PPAPI plug-in version for chromium based browsers,

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

once installed check the update tab of the flashplayer applet in Control Panel to confirm you have the PPAPI plug-in version installed,

if I go to    chrome://flash/     it shows:

Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181 () OS Windows UNKNOWN SP0 64 bit Flash plugin 30.0.0.113 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_30_0_0_113.dll

this confirms I have an outdated chrome version with the latest version of flash.

Edit: Further Refinements,

I've been using this reverted chrome today and it's paused a few times during gameplay as chrome, increasingly hysterically, attempts to update itself, even to the point of sending me a message during a mission begging me to re-install it as it couldn't work out how to update itself!

So...  Mission : Google Updater Search & Destroy!

if you go to control panel, administrative tools, task scheduler, there are a couple of google update tasks you can delete,

if you go back to;This PC, C Drive, Program Files (x86), Google, Update, where you added   .old    to the end of the GoogleUpdate application name there is also a folder '1.3.33.7' this is full of a swarm of update things, add   .old     to the end of this folder too,

if you go to task manager, services tab, click on the link to open services at the bottom of the pane you can sort the services alphabetically by clicking on 'name' at the top of the list and then scroll down to the 'G's to find two instances of a google update service,

if you right click each service and select properties you can set the start type to 'disabled' then click apply.

the above seems to have stopped chrome frantically trying to update itself and there are no longer pauses during gameplay.

any of these changes would be erased if you uninstalled Chrome and the correct settings, tasks and folder/application names would be restored with the installation of a fresh copy of Chrome.

obviously the easiest thing is to just use Firefox but this experiment has proved beyond doubt that the root of the initial problem was the newer version of Chrome supplied via it's update mechanisms.

if you want to view more info and settings within Chrome you can navigate to them from this url:

chrome://about/

copy it here and paste it in your address bar and hit return, bookmark the page you arrive at for ease of return,

it's a bunch of links you might find informative and useful, you can check what version of flashplayer  your Chrome is actually using,

I tried lots of options in Flags to fix the version 67 but they made no difference,

Additional:

there's another browser I've tried, Pale Moon, (Hat Tip to Auraquai for suggesting it!)

it's based on Mozilla script, they split off from Mozilla some time back and it comes with Flash enabled, seems stable and plays the game ok,

https://www.palemoon.org/

when I installed it I went for the advanced install options and was offered a 64-bit version, they also have their own version of adblockplus which works fine, I quite like it as a 2nd browser, back up,

why not give it a whirl?!

A Note for people having problems making Firefox work:

a few people in chat have been struggling to get Firefox to play the game for them,

the sticking point seems to be going to Firefox Menu, add-ons, Shockwave Flash and making sure it's set to 'always activate'

it may be that without doing this you don't get to see the lego brick in the address bar where you can allow flash.

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 22 June 2018 - 12:35 AM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

Well thanks to automatic updates to my chromebook  i am now having the same problem and i have no fix : (

Edit: the lag doesn't seem to make the game entirely unplayable but i have yet to run any manuals  so i'll have to do that to see if manuals are unplayable  now

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 22 June 2018 - 12:27 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

Firstly, Matt Baker, thankyou! You're doing great work helping people out here.

Chrome manages their own version of Flash and have for a few years. It's a side branch that has made some changes to the Flash engine over the years.

Our general answer unfortunately is to switch to Firefox if you can because these issues are 100% a change to Chrome's version of Flash. 

Aubrey, with the Chromebook, you're locked in to Chrome as your browser, right?

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

yeah chrome is the only browser i can use on my chromebook 

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

yeah chrome is the only browser i can use on my chromebook 

ok aubrey,

have a look at this:

https://productforum...ral/ONKn6YQVl-Q

If your Chromebook supports running Android apps, then you can download Firefox from Google Play Store and even set it as your default browser.

also a geekier approach is to dual boot chromebook with Linux as a secondary OS,

https://gigaom.com/2...romebook-pixel/

the Crouton thing looks worth investigating,

https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton

for you I think trying to download Firefox from the google store is the sensible one to try, if it works out let peeps know  : )

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

ok aubrey,

have a look at this:

https://productforum...ral/ONKn6YQVl-Q

If your Chromebook supports running Android apps, then you can download Firefox from Google Play Store and even set it as your default browser.

also a geekier approach is to dual boot chromebook with Linux as a secondary OS,

https://gigaom.com/2...romebook-pixel/

the Crouton thing looks worth investigating,

https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton

for you I think trying to download Firefox from the google store is the sensible one to try, if it works out let peeps know  : )

yeah my Chromebook can run Android apps but when I tried to download Firefox it said that my device isn't compatible with the version of Firefox on the web store 

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 85 posts

I get this sometimes, I've done everything I could find and nothing works, all 3 time it has just fixed itself after a week or so.

pak

pak
  • 84 posts

my pc is no that upgrade its cor2 with 2gb ram and running window 7 i tried to download 64bit chrome the u said matt in ur thread but it says i need to install window 10 to work 64bit chrome now can i still fix video problem on chrome and does window 10 will work on my pc?

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

my pc is no that upgrade its cor2 with 2gb ram and running window 7 i tried to download 64bit chrome the u said matt in ur thread but it says i need to install window 10 to work 64bit chrome now can i still fix video problem on chrome and does window 10 will work on my pc?

hi pak,

sorry, the link to the download gave no info did it,

here's the file with it's info:

http://www.filepuma....3325.181-18509/

it says it's ok for windows 7 if it's a 64-bit operating system,

if you're unsure of your operating system you could press the windows key + R and then type in   dxdiag    and hit return, give the direct x diagnostic tool a few moments to load and on the first page it should display a summary of your system information hopefully saying if it's 64-bit,

a 64-bit operating system is often identified as (x64) and a 32-bit one as (x86)

if it is then that version of Chrome should be compatible,

if you have Windows 7 then stick with it, a lot of people prefer it to Windows 10, I think Windows 10 is inferior!

if your Windows 7 is 32-bit then use this file:

http://www.filepuma....3325.181-18508/

good luck

Additional.

today I downloaded the Yandex browser which is based, in part, on chromium code, I set it up and loaded the game and there was no video card warning and it rendered in hardware acceleration, it has the inventory and map loading speed of Chrome which seems to be what you guys really want,

https://browser.yandex.com/

this might be a solution for some peeps, try it and see!

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 25 June 2018 - 12:28 AM.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

Well i can't run manuals but i can still run autos so i'm still going to be playing but i will basically be broke most of the time since i can only get keys with fuel now since i can't do bounties or the island anymore 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

I have sent bug reports to Google perhaps it's actually a bug on their end but I'm really thinking it's part of their plan to kill flash completely like if flash is actually unusable for anything it will be easier to remove it 

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

I fixed my problem by switching to beta channel where it has chrome 68 :D

I wonder what was in chrome 67 that broke the game for me ? 

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 25 June 2018 - 09:50 AM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

I fixed my problem by switching to beta channel where it has chrome 68 :D

I wonder what was in chrome 67 that broke the game for me ? 

interesting!

the beta channel is the latest version of chrome being debugged before proceeding to a stable version status for general release,

this may indicate that Google have rectified the problem and when the stable version updates to ver.68 the bug might disappear,

we can only live in hope!

pak

pak
  • 84 posts

hi matt i have checked mu system and yes its 32 bit any other solution like aurbrey said 68 beta fixed his problem can u explain plz thanks