Photo

Game Running Soooooo Slowly

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bishopp

Bishopp
  • 63 posts

I have made no changes.  Suddenly the game is running like a freeze frame.  I tried lowering the settings and such.  Nothing works.  I am using Chrome.  

MADD_MAXXX

MADD_MAXXX
  • 34 posts

I had to start using FF instead of Chrome.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

Can I get your Chrome versions guys?

"Depending on the current version of Google Chrome on your computer, to view the About page, click the Menu icon near the top right corner of the Chrome window (just below the X button that closes the window). In older versions of Chrome, select About Google Chrome in the menu."

MADD_MAXXX

MADD_MAXXX
  • 34 posts

Mine is Google Chrome is up to date

Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 157 posts

I have made no changes.  Suddenly the game is running like a freeze frame.  I tried lowering the settings and such.  Nothing works.  I am using Chrome.  

Hi Bishy,

you're not the only one caught out like this it seems,

*feels

when in chrome look at the top line of the video tab of the in game settings, I guessing it says the rendering mode is 'software rendered'

if you download and install firefox 32bit or 64bit depending on your system and the firefox version of flashplayer I suspect you'll find that rendering method will read 'hardware accelerated' and the game will play normally,

my suggestion is come over to the firefox side for gameplay until someone figures out wtf Chrome has done to itself,

hope to see you in chat soon,

Matt x

Strider

Strider
  • 242 posts

Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yeah I'm using this same version too and have the same issue. I suppose it is the Chrome version after all.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 711 posts

What OSs is everyone on ? 

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 157 posts

What OSs is everyone on ? 

Hi Aubrey,

I'm using windows 10  version 1703,

I thought it could be a rogue windows update but it seems to be a Chrome thing,

if anyone wants to check their windows version press the windows logo key + R to open the run command box and type in      winver     then click ok or hit return, 

if you want to know your direct X version or graphics chip info or graphics memory size then type   dxdiag    in the same run command box to open the direct x diagnostic tool,

this seems the only way to access it in windows 10

it  can take 30 secs for the dxdiag page to open so be patient!

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 711 posts

I don't think it's entirely a chrome problem since the game still works fine on my Chromebook but then again there might be a slight difference between chrome that is running on windows and chrome running on Chrome OS  

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

since the version fb gameroom is unplayable here i'm using chrome. don't have any issue with those you're experiencing Bishop. maybe a good clean on caches or even reinstall chrome may work

cheers! 

Bishopp

Bishopp
  • 63 posts

thanks for all the ideas!  

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

I don't think it's entirely a chrome problem since the game still works fine on my Chromebook but then again there might be a slight difference between chrome that is running on windows and chrome running on Chrome OS  

There most likely is a difference, I imagine that Chrome OS has a pretty straight pathway to rendering stuff where as with Windows + Chrome you're effectively using a third party application.