Photo

Server Updates - May 2018

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,202 posts

Long and somewhat technical explanation ahead (you have been warned).

Over the last few weeks, we've been working with our server providers to try and solve some of the long standing issues people have been having with connections.

Those problems would manifest as things like:

- General connection issues

- Buildings not appearing properly

- Items missing data

- Files failing to load (we think this might be causing the disappearing items)

Working with them, it seems that the issues were caused by the transfer of files from the our chosen CDN (Content Distribution Network) to the servers. Files that make the game tick, for example, the ones that define items. Due to some weird local relays, files were just failing to load in the process of that transfer.

So they've started the process of moving us to a new CDN, from a different provider. There's a chance that your game might be still connecting to the old one, but it should mostly take effect across the entire game after todays maintenance.

Please let us know below if you're seeing improvement or if it's worse for you. If you could include which country you're in, that'd be helpful too.

Thanks!

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 658 posts

At the very least, game startup seems much better and I'm connecting in the first try. So far so good.

Thanks Con :)

Army777

Army777
  • 21 posts

Hello Dev Team,

I just saw this post from the comments back at armorgames.com

This was posted just right before the maintenance. Here is the link of the picture. 

LINK:

https://uploads.disq...cad1064b3cb.png

P.S this was not my account tho. Just sharing the guy's issue.

Edited by Army777, 07 May 2018 - 07:08 AM.

Army777

Army777
  • 21 posts

Well in my experience tho, I haven't encountered any bugs lately (or maybe I just didn't notice, I don't really know.)

------------

Also please do check at the Game's comment section at armorgames.com, people have been complaining about multiple bugs.

But if you already did. Just ignore this message.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

Great news!

tbh there's no point introducing new stuffs and features until the game is loading consistently,

there's every chance that getting the game to load nicely will also scotch some of the other glitches during gameplay,

I'm happy to wait for more content, this seems a more pressing issue,

there is a double whammy atm with the loading glitches coupled with various browsers updating and getting sniffy about enabling flash in a hardware accelerated mode or enabling flash at all !

my list of shame is :  FB Gameroom, Chrome & Opera

I dream about the day when we can get back to just moaning about not finding enough awesome uniques : D

kudos to Con for sticking with it,  everything seems stacked against him atm and it's mostly beyond his sphere of hands on control yet he becomes the focus for peoples frustrations.

never give up..... never surrender!

Matt

Milan

Milan
  • 2 posts

Connected 20+ times today,not a single issue,game also working smooth!

Glad to see this problem is fixed!

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 169 posts

Um............

So I'm using chrome............ and right now......... neither facebook nor AG work..... just gets stuck on the "Connecting to Facebook" or "Connecting to Armorgames."

There is no flash icon popping up in the search bar asking me to let it run, and I tried restarting things in settings but it still leads to the same issue: stuck on connecting.

Also cleared my cache and all but no difference, just stuck.

Any suggestions? 

Country is the UK.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

Um............

So I'm using chrome............ and right now......... neither facebook nor AG work..... just gets stuck on the "Connecting to Facebook" or "Connecting to Armorgames."

There is no flash icon popping up in the search bar asking me to let it run, and I tried restarting things in settings but it still leads to the same issue: stuck on connecting.

Also cleared my cache and all but no difference, just stuck.

Any suggestions? 

Country is the UK.

Hi Luiss,

there's a fresh cookie that goes with the game now, maybe you've restricted cookies in some way?  are 3rd party cookies allowed, or session cookies or cookies from visited sites?

you might just need to allow this fresh cookie to get into your flashplayer storage, peeps have been having probs with chrome once into the game but you aren't even getting in!

if you overcome this pls report back so others can pick up a clue

Matt

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,734 posts

Seems smoother on my Mac using Safari. 

renankey

renankey
  • 40 posts

great news :)

pak

pak
  • 77 posts

working fine using chrome since the first day and playing on facebook somtine i have to reload the page 4-5 time because its stuck on loading overall working fine for me and im from pakistan thanks con 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 82 posts

I find the game loads MUCH better but now missions wont even run....I tried doing missions 5 times over 2 accounts and they wouldn't work.

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 39 posts

No change here. Loaded an empty compound yesterday, and getting stuck in loading several times before successfully logging on. 

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 169 posts

Hi Luiss,

there's a fresh cookie that goes with the game now, maybe you've restricted cookies in some way?  are 3rd party cookies allowed, or session cookies or cookies from visited sites?

you might just need to allow this fresh cookie to get into your flashplayer storage, peeps have been having probs with chrome once into the game but you aren't even getting in!

if you overcome this pls report back so others can pick up a clue

Matt

Just checked since a while ago I disabled some cookies which were making random things pop up here and there.

I've unblocked everything....... still stuck. 

I've checked settings and there's still nothing. There were 2 new cookies that weren't allowed and I changed that, but still nothing. Third Party cookies are also allowed so it's no longer that. 

Tried facebook as well after all the changes and no difference.

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 93 posts

no uni in my uni haul , great!

Edit : faced no uni in uni haul box , half stats on 2 accounts and not being able to scav containers properly today.

Edited by Rainwater, 08 May 2018 - 02:29 PM.

renankey

renankey
  • 40 posts

one fix at the time plp. stay cool. the thing regard the server is a good fix, let CAG work like they said they are doing

Sh3llShock55

Sh3llShock55
  • 24 posts

I am in the US.

I noticed on a recent update that I can't play the game in Chrome any longer. The game is completely just lag. There is no second which isn't lag. None of my settings have changed, and my computer hardware nor software have been updated. 

I can play the game fine in Firefox. 

I think maybe its because Adobe is built into Chrome and maybe Adobe updated, or your game updated causing an issue. Just though I let you know. 

I am fine playing the game in Firefox but I am curious to know what is causing the issue in Chrome. I have tried every troubleshooting step that google can spit out. 

Sh3llShock

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 88 posts

Just checked since a while ago I disabled some cookies which were making random things pop up here and there.

I've unblocked everything....... still stuck. 

I've checked settings and there's still nothing. There were 2 new cookies that weren't allowed and I changed that, but still nothing. Third Party cookies are also allowed so it's no longer that. 

Tried facebook as well after all the changes and no difference.

when you go to windows control panel and open the flashplayer section the first page has local storage settings by site, select that and see what cookies are in there,

playerio-a.akamaihd.net

graph.facebook.com

are the old cookies for FB & AG

d1ro1du4c73r1c.cloudfront.net

is the new one,

this is for the NPAPI version of the plug-in,

for Chrome browsers that use the PPAPI wersion of the plug-in the same settings panel is accessable online

https://www.macromed..._manager07.html

this page is the actual settings panel where you check or change settings for the PPAPI plug-in

look and see if the new cloudfront cookie has actually got into  your flashplayer site storage and is allowed

renankey

renankey
  • 40 posts

Harpago, do you recomend use safari on windows?

Con

Con
  • 4,202 posts

No change here. Loaded an empty compound yesterday, and getting stuck in loading several times before successfully logging on. 

Can I get your rough location and browser you're using,please?