Photo

Server Updates - May 2018

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,235 posts

I am in the US.

I noticed on a recent update that I can't play the game in Chrome any longer. The game is completely just lag. There is no second which isn't lag. None of my settings have changed, and my computer hardware nor software have been updated. 

I can play the game fine in Firefox. 

I think maybe its because Adobe is built into Chrome and maybe Adobe updated, or your game updated causing an issue. Just though I let you know. 

I am fine playing the game in Firefox but I am curious to know what is causing the issue in Chrome. I have tried every troubleshooting step that google can spit out. 

Sh3llShock

Yep, you're on the right track with that thinking. Have a look to make sure that hardware acceleration is still turned on for your Flash in Chrome. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

Con are you going to reply only on tehnical posts? Zilion players post about bugs and similar problems in game  and you dont even reply on that posts. I asked simple question about clothing on defence to test your attenion and of course no answer at all.

TY very much!!!!!!

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 43 posts

Con are you going to reply only on tehnical posts? Zilion players post about bugs and similar problems in game  and you dont even reply on that posts. I asked simple question about clothing on defence to test your attenion and of course no answer at all.

TY very much!!!!!!

i have tested the ironheads by myself to know if it work on defence and it seems like not work.

EDIT: if you combine gear and clothing the capped for the projectile resistance is 75% in my opinion

EDIT 2: on defence not work but if you do a raid it will work.

Edited by RYVDYASJV, 10 May 2018 - 09:04 PM.

Robai

Robai
  • 39 posts

1) Well, the usual log in bug in Chrome isn't fixed yet (I have allowed everything for flash, added exceptions etc., to no avail, btw this is very old bug, at least 2.5 years):

HkB8IjE.png

2) On FireFox I don't have this problem (after added exception once), but it's too slow and thus annoying to play this game on it (like inventory items load too slow etc.). But at least it tells the reason why the exception was needed (btw, why you don't make it a secure connection? what's the problem? It should be an easy fix):

HkBhlpO.png

3) On Opera I can't log in at all, no matter what I do.

4) On Slimjet is the same story as on Opera (someone told me that he is using Slimjet for flash games, but sadly it doesn't work for this game).

5) On IE I can log in, and never have to press the annoying "Run Flash this time" every single time I press F5 (like i have to do it on Chrome), but there are other problems. For example, if you click mouse button too fast (ex. during the usual lag in Unindentified building, which is ALWAYS much more laggy than any other building for some  reason) then IE hangs up and you have to reload and lose all the loot and have to wait 2 hours until the army returns. So, no thanks, no IE again. (and why would anyone use IE anyway, lol)

As for other bugs, like

1) Weekly unequip all books (sometimes 2 times per week)

2) No buildings in compound

I'm not sure, the last time was probably last week (I have seen both bugs), I think this week haven't happened yet.

Robai

Robai
  • 39 posts

This is what just happened:
https://pasteboard.co/HkDYXc6.png

As you can see there is a mysterious window.

- At the start everything was black (except inside the window, which wasn't 100% black) and I couldn't click on anything except on the Home button (which asked: Leave/Stay?)

- but I've used the trick in flash option: I deselected all 3 options (Gore/Bullet Tracers/Inventory Clothing Preview) and then the black screen was gone, but the mysterious window still remained (now it's no longer so dark, and I was able to see things normally outside that window - see the screenshot)

- If I click inside that window then nothing happens

- If I click outside that window then I was able to move and scavenge

- Some resources I was able to scavenge many times, but it didn't add up (at the end of mission I've got some resources, but less than usual)

- some scavenge spots dropped nothing (including two back boxes on that mission), I was able to scavenge them many times, but nothing dropped

- some things I successfully scavenged (just once as usual) and got xp in this case

- Survivors were talking, but the scavenger wasn't excited on any loot (she usually shouts out loud when getting blue items)

- No zombies! (the only good thing, but not really since I needed kills too)

- The timer was counting down

Just before going to mission I had 1 dead survivor and I was unable to heal him from compound window, but I was able to heal him just before going to mission.
I guess that was a sign of an incoming bug and I should have reloaded before going to mission.

EDIT:

This is an old bug (and the trick is also old), I've used it 2.5 years ago too (I took a break from this game for 2 years when DMU was loaded on Kongregate, but 3 months ago returned back, because I do like the PvE part of this game).

Edited by Robai, 11 May 2018 - 07:19 AM.

Sh3llShock55

Sh3llShock55
  • 28 posts

Yep, you're on the right track with that thinking. Have a look to make sure that hardware acceleration is still turned on for your Flash in Chrome. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

I have already checked that and hardware acceleration is turned on. I even set the video settings to the lowest they can be and etc but it doesn't effect the game in chrome whatsoever. It crawls like a snail. What about this previous discussion about cookies? I am looking into my adobe settings from the link on the previous page and I see on the Website Storage tab, the following website is listed as alllowed: playerio-a.akamaihd.net 

Sh3llShock55

Sh3llShock55
  • 28 posts

I have already checked that and hardware acceleration is turned on. I even set the video settings to the lowest they can be and etc but it doesn't effect the game in chrome whatsoever. It crawls like a snail. What about this previous discussion about cookies? I am looking into my adobe settings from the link on the previous page and I see on the Website Storage tab, the following website is listed as alllowed: playerio-a.akamaihd.net 

1) Well, the usual log in bug in Chrome isn't fixed yet (I have allowed everything for flash, added exceptions etc., to no avail, btw this is very old bug, at least 2.5 years):

HkB8IjE.png

2) On FireFox I don't have this problem (after added exception once), but it's too slow and thus annoying to play this game on it (like inventory items load too slow etc.). But at least it tells the reason why the exception was needed (btw, why you don't make it a secure connection? what's the problem? It should be an easy fix):

HkBhlpO.png

3) On Opera I can't log in at all, no matter what I do.

4) On Slimjet is the same story as on Opera (someone told me that he is using Slimjet for flash games, but sadly it doesn't work for this game).

5) On IE I can log in, and never have to press the annoying "Run Flash this time" every single time I press F5 (like i have to do it on Chrome), but there are other problems. For example, if you click mouse button too fast (ex. during the usual lag in Unindentified building, which is ALWAYS much more laggy than any other building for some  reason) then IE hangs up and you have to reload and lose all the loot and have to wait 2 hours until the army returns. So, no thanks, no IE again. (and why would anyone use IE anyway, lol)

As for other bugs, like

1) Weekly unequip all books (sometimes 2 times per week)

2) No buildings in compound

I'm not sure, the last time was probably last week (I have seen both bugs), I think this week haven't happened yet.

I can't attest to the game in Internet Explorer because I wouldn't use internet explorer on a computer unless it was new and I needed to download chrome/firefox. 

All I know is a couple of days, or the day before my post on this thread the game no longer functions properly in Chrome. No settings were changed on my computer and no updates were made. I believe there was a server update perhaps. What I do know is that the game had always previous worked in firefox and now that is what I have to play the game in. In firefox, I get a box to the left of the URL when I go to load the game which wants me to either allow or deny the game to run. But it was set a long time ago to allow and there is an option to click to remember that choice for that URL. I click on allow when the game is loading just out of caution. Sometimes it takes a couple times of refreshing to get into the game. On maybe 25% of the times I go to login, I have to actually clear all my cookies, content and history and the game loads super quick(in firefox). 

With chrome, I always had to click the Allow option for adobe even if I set the site under allow in chrome://settings/content under Flash. None of the clicking on allow's bother me really just the fact that I can't play on chrome anymore. The game looked better on chrome and it was just...better. 

I also have the issue where on a rare occasion I will load into the game and there are no books equipped and it says I have none. I have spent a good amount of money on this game and the last time this happened, I believe 2 weeks ago I made a post about it. When this happened I had a +30dmg to infected book I purchased through the game store and it was wiped. It didn't return. I made a post about that and getting possibly the book back as compensation as I had at least 3 days left on the book. I mean, I spend actual money on gas, then I purchase a book, and when I have it equipped and load the game, it vanishes?? This , like the poster above, has happened on 4 separate occasions recently. Eventually, the game will load back in and my books will be in my inventory but I have to re-equip them. One of the books is Book: White Flag which gives perm. protection against raids. I have been lucky so far that no one raided me while that was going on. Is there any way a moderator can check into my post I made regarding losing the book I paid for due to what I assume is a server issue? I like the game and don't mind spending a little bit of money a couple times a month but if I keep losing timed books I purchased I am going to stop buying fuel. 

Edited by Sh3llShock55, 12 May 2018 - 04:48 AM.

Sh3llShock55

Sh3llShock55
  • 28 posts

I want to point out something I found out today. In Chrome, when I was able to play it, I had to have dynamic lighting turned off and the video settings set to off such as AA. In Firefox, I have set the video settings to high, turned on dynamic lighting and the game runs smooth. I could never do that in Chrome. So, how can that be? 

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 572 posts

Loading into this game has been quite a struggle with hitting the refresh button many times to get into dead zone. Speaking of loading screen on Kongregate how long until that is going to be fixed?

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 45 posts

Can I get your rough location and browser you're using,please?

I'm in eastern United States, and was using the Chrome version prior to 66.0.3359.170 and the game stopped loading entirely until I upgraded to this version. Now, I suddenly have the "Video Card not supported" message (my laptop is only 2 months old) and poor video performance when I try to load it in this version of Chrome. (Even with hardware acceleration enabled) 

I've switched to FireFox, which runs the game fine, but still experiences loading hangups while loading the game. (Gets stuck at "Joined Game Instance")

Edited by GameGirl, 14 May 2018 - 01:39 AM.

Forsaken

Forsaken
  • 25 posts

I've not noticed any improvements yet, still have to log in 30 times a day to get into the game and all the log in bugs still happen (way too) frequently. I'm from the Netherlands, maybe this information helps to get to the root of the problem. Different browsers, clearing of cache, using other computers and not running anything else while playing also still do not make any difference.

Robai

Robai
  • 39 posts

Another annoying bug (also an old bug):

- there is like 10% chance that the buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for selecting survivors won't work and recently it's like 30% chance

This game needs to fix the absence of secure connection. This way browsers will stop complaining and at least it would fix the "Run Flash this time" thing for Chrome.

For comparison: Sas 4 is also a game on Kongregate and there is also "Run Flash this time" thing, but the game works fine, so you don't have to add any exceptions or press "Run Flash this time" at all. Why it works? Because it has a secure connection (tested on FireFox too).

Edited by Robai, 24 May 2018 - 05:39 AM.

ShefketRammadani1

ShefketRammadani1
  • 46 posts

1. Game still have problems with loading. Need to refresh, 3,5,10 times to login .

2. After login , there is still problem with empty base

3. After that still problem with " no ally bug"

Seam to only thing that is fixed for real is bug with books.

And of course there is a lot of other bugs that Con dont even try to fix.

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 43 posts

1. Game still have problems with loading. Need to refresh, 3,5,10 times to login .

2. After login , there is still problem with empty base

3. After that still problem with " no ally bug"

Seam to only thing that is fixed for real is bug with books.

And of course there is a lot of other bugs that Con dont even try to fix.

the bug of the books still happening but is less probably now

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 178 posts

I understand that I couldn't access the game at school because of a number of changes that blocked anything from working.

Now, I am at home and........ have no luck getting into the game. I am always either getting a "Connect Error" or stuck on "Loading Your Game."

I have tried 15-20x to just load the game (this is no exaggeration) and have come up with the same result: nothing. I have never had a problem here before and the wifi is very fast, so it's no local loading issue. Yet I just cannot access the game which is just unpleasant when it comes to even trying anymore.

I still haven't had any update on the 2000 fuel I lost from a display glitch and now have to spend 10 minutes to unsuccessfully load the game (I'm still trying right now, no change).

I honestly don't see why I would continue with this game anymore... Sure, I love the new stuff and literally tried hard to log in for a week (wasn't having issues then) to just craft all the Outbreak event stuff. But if this is the game I have to play now.......I no longer think it's worth it. I can't even trade away my items because I just can't get into the game. It's inconsistent and not something I can fix locally.

I'm sorry, but I honestly no longer see a point in trying.

Edit: It just worked......but guess what, no buildings, so I have to reload.......... well, I won't actually, because it's no longer worth it.

Edited by Luisssboom, 09 June 2018 - 09:54 PM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 133 posts

I understand that I couldn't access the game at school because of a number of changes that blocked anything from working.

Now, I am at home and........ have no luck getting into the game. I am always either getting a "Connect Error" or stuck on "Loading Your Game."

I have tried 15-20x to just load the game (this is no exaggeration) and have come up with the same result: nothing. I have never had a problem here before and the wifi is very fast, so it's no local loading issue. Yet I just cannot access the game which is just unpleasant when it comes to even trying anymore.

I still haven't had any update on the 2000 fuel I lost from a display glitch and now have to spend 10 minutes to unsuccessfully load the game (I'm still trying right now, no change).

I honestly don't see why I would continue with this game anymore... Sure, I love the new stuff and literally tried hard to log in for a week (wasn't having issues then) to just craft all the Outbreak event stuff. But if this is the game I have to play now.......I no longer think it's worth it. I can't even trade away my items because I just can't get into the game. It's inconsistent and not something I can fix locally.

I'm sorry, but I honestly no longer see a point in trying.

Edit: It just worked......but guess what, no buildings, so I have to reload.......... well, I won't actually, because it's no longer worth it.

Hi Luiss,

try a fresh install of firefox

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

install the NPAPI flash plug in

https://helpx.adobe....ash-player.html

then install adblockplus for Firefox

https://adblockplus.org/

I have very little problem with this setup

if you have any of it already installed remove the lot and start afresh,

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 178 posts

Hi Luiss,

try a fresh install of firefox

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

install the NPAPI flash plug in

https://helpx.adobe....ash-player.html

then install adblockplus for Firefox

https://adblockplus.org/

I have very little problem with this setup

if you have any of it already installed remove the lot and start afresh,

Will try. I just never had issues before. Now I do.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 691 posts

The loading issues improved for me after the change, but I think it's already back to their previous state by now. I had to reload like 10 times without luck, but what made the game run was that I disabled and re-enabled Flash Player instead of reloading the whole page (Firefox/Windows 10), and it loaded right through. I hope this can be helpful.