Photo

Puffin Mobile Browser?

mobile browsers puffin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 157 posts

I was chatting with some guys in public chat and they said they were playing on mobiles using a downloadable browser that supported Flash,

I'm pretty sure they said it was called Puffin?

I also notice a lot of peeps on FB keep commenting 'why no mobile version?'

i don't know the first thing about mobiles  these days, I didn't realise they'd reached this point but it might be worth looking into further as another angle for peeps to access the game,

has anyone had first hand experience of using this platform and is prepared to offer feedback on the experience?

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

hi, matt! i've tried play on puffin on my s5 mini. i can say that is hard to play, impossible manuals. other thing is that it consumes a lot of resources of your cell phone, so don't expect a good experience on my humble opinion :)

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 711 posts

If you are using a phone one can really only use chat but on chromebooks that can run Android apps it's possible to play like it's on a regular browser so maybe Puffin will be a alternative to the usual browsers after 2020 

Edit: apparently there is also a Windows OS version in beta 

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 08 May 2018 - 03:55 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

Yeah, from the tests I've done with Puffin over the years, it'll certainly work. But it's difficult to play 100% properly. Great for checking in and collecting your drop offs etc.