Photo

Keyboard Stops Working During Raids On Firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 91 posts

Has anyone else had a problem raiding on Firefox lately? During the last two raids I've tried (last night and today), halfway through the raid my keyboard just stopped working. This wasn't the usual glitch where the keys don't work because I've tried to chat during a raid and that clears up if you hit the space bar a few times. In this case, I thought that my keyboard had failed because nothing worked. I couldn't heal or use the number keys or keypad to cycle through my peeps. After the raid, I refreshed and everything seemed fine again. I've also been using Opera since Chrome got so laggy recently and haven't had any problems with it at all.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

Has anyone else had a problem raiding on Firefox lately? During the last two raids I've tried (last night and today), halfway through the raid my keyboard just stopped working. This wasn't the usual glitch where the keys don't work because I've tried to chat during a raid and that clears up if you hit the space bar a few times. In this case, I thought that my keyboard had failed because nothing worked. I couldn't heal or use the number keys or keypad to cycle through my peeps. After the raid, I refreshed and everything seemed fine again. I've also been using Opera since Chrome got so laggy recently and haven't had any problems with it at all.

Hiya,

I've not encountered this but there are a whole host of wierd things happening atm.

there are so many variables of set up, can I get an idea of yours?

laptop or desktop?

operating system and it's version?  i.e. windows 10

are you using the GPU (graphics processing unit) chip embedded on the motherboard or a video card such as a GTX variant added for enhanced graphics?

are you aware of an operating system update, i.e. windows update, or a browser update that happened just before you noticed this problem?

this info could help narrow down who the culprit is!

btw I've chrome, IE 11 and firefox installed atm and the only one that  currently works satisfactorily for me is firefox, it's all quite infuriating isn't it  : )

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

It happens to me every time I throw a grenade. If it's the same problem, it can be solved by either entering fullscreen mode or by clicking outside the game window (in ArmorGames I click on the grayish area on the sides) and then back in the game.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 144 posts

Lana are you right-clicking? I think that's what causing the problem - not the particular action of throwing a grenade. Try using the E key instead and see if your keyboard commands stay intact

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

Yup, it's the right-click itself. I just tested it without any grenades and it still screwed up the keyboard.