Photo

Outbreak - Convicts & Criminals

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

Wow.  Zero guns on five accounts for this round.  Thanks.

ODY55EUS

ODY55EUS
  • 6 posts

I am not thrilled.  It seems that the orange guys have replaced the Survivor bounty targets.  So while you have supposedly improved the yield from the bounty crates, you have made getting them stupidly hard.  I am on my 11th map for 10 bruisers.  Have eight so far so I hope to finish by Christmas.  This is the same for military but not so much for HERC or Riot as far as I can tell.

Was this by design? 

Am also uninspired by this update.  It seems remarkably similar to the Berserkers update from a while back, with a minor clothing change.  How almost amusing.

I echo the observation that zed Bounties have become absurd, it is ludicrous to try a Bounty now: you can clear an area and still be way way short of requirements.

Luckily I bought the alliance mega boost, so am thrilled to have looted essentially nothing at all with my token spend.  Event comps, while ridiculously scarce given how many are needed for crafting, obviously trump (no relation) unique items of any level.

The joys are unparalleled.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

I've noticed (or at least i think it's that way) that when I get components it's from Police Stations and Security buildings. I've found very few components outside those places. Is anyone else feeling the same?

Also, much more binding than steel.

Edited by Lana Woo, 28 May 2018 - 06:31 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 573 posts

I've noticed (or at least i think it's that way) that when I get components it's from Police Stations and Security buildings. I've found very few components outside those places. Is anyone else feeling the same?

I have been finding some sharpen steel in Large supermarkets in more than 1  quantities.

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 26 posts

1. Why do these items have to be temporary? I mean, Con, can we at least keep the nailgun please? 

2. Are prisoner zombies gonna disappear once the event is over? 'Cause, IMO, they are more "colorful" than the usual zombie models. (Unless you've come across those zombies with pink pants and blue stains.

3. If a shank gets a Lvl 50 variant, why not add a nightstick too?. Or maybe a riot shield and baton combo (like the viking shield and axe from a Halloween event)?

4. I've noticed the new shotgun has the same stats as the DRS-12 (http://tlaststand.wi...com/wiki/DRS-12) albeit with an increased range. Please tell me I've missed something...

5. Con, you add a reference to Negan, and not add Lucille??? If this is about prisoners getting creative, I think a bat with barbed wire fits perfectly.

6. Maybe adding a rubber ball grenade (used by corrections officers) that could suppress survivors instantly during raids would make a good addition. 

Nice update. The new zombies are a real challenge but it is a shame it is only temporary. Only excited for the nailgun and the rifle but components are hard to get by.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

I have been finding some sharpen steel in Large supermarkets in more than 1  quantities.

Yes, I just tested it and they give me some metal. Docks, Military Docks and Train Stations/yards seem to give decent amounts too. I don't remember finding any in farms, military bases, depots or warehouses, but maybe I haven't looted those places enough.

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 51 posts

Wow.  Zero guns on five accounts for this round.  Thanks.

It looks like it's related with the chance to find sharpened steel, i don't know if it is a coincidence but why was so hard to find unis during the last mega boost and besides is hard to find sharpened steel?
That's my theory about it.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,747 posts

Con, can yon PLEASE sort out the bounties :)

Strider

Strider
  • 242 posts

Just hopped back onto the game on Monday after not playing for a while and gotta agree with the statements here about how low the drop rates of the new components are. So far I've only found 5 steel and 2 bindings between two accounts, which is pretty bad considering the drop rates of the previous events weren't this bad. That's five days of gathering yielding less than 1/10 of the required components to craft a single one of the items.

I mean there's the boxes again which give the components again as usual but that's only as a premium option (i.e paid). As mentioned by another user most past events have had some free variant of the boxes which gave junk or some other garbage with them but at least those gave you a shot at getting a large amount of components for the risk.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 711 posts

ty con for fixing the riot armor and the german ww2 set 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

One thing I noticed is that the Shankshot, which starts at level 50, can be upgraded for free until it reaches level 55, but with no stat increase:

pljGjwT.jpg

However, to upgrade to level 56 it starts charging you fuel and it starts getting stat increase:

QMa3QlR.jpg

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

One thing I noticed is that the Shankshot, which starts at level 50, can be upgraded for free until it reaches level 55, but with no stat increase:

pljGjwT.jpg

However, to upgrade to level 56 it starts charging you fuel and it starts getting stat increase:

QMa3QlR.jpg

I swear the range from lvl 50 to lvl 55 does increase by 5.  However, the damage stays the same I think.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

Nope, it stays the same apparently:

phGoyzK.jpg

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Nope, it stays the same apparently:

phGoyzK.jpg

That's odd, i remember the range on mine being 20

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 696 posts

Maybe the mid-level version? The low-level one has 15 range, and the high-level has 25, so I guess the mid one would be 20.

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Maybe the mid-level version? The low-level one has 15 range, and the high-level has 25, so I guess the mid one would be 20.

I guess, can't really remember. Either way, it's weird.

Con

Con
  • 4,248 posts

Sorry about the delay, but I'll fix the levelling on the Shankshot to make sure it increases with Monday's maintenance.

Edit: Looked at the Shankshot  - turns out the base crafting level was set too low, so it was allowing crafts to happen a few levels below the required level. In the case that happens, the upgrades are free up to the proper base level (55 in this case) and then it'll start charging for upgrades after that.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 280 posts
@Con

Blizzard backpack, ice pickaxe, hockey stick ?

When crafted no stat boosts since last ‘zmas’
And lucky boost not applied properly on backpack

Maybe buff old premium weapons to make them usefull would love to see my ancient stuff be usefull

Cheers