Photo

What Are Your Specs And How Does It Run The Game?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider
  • 243 posts

I've been playing this game since 2012 and the FPS issues have always been a plague to me. Initially, I thought the issue was with the laptop I was using at the time - a pretty crappy laptop I used mostly for work, it had an integrated Intel HD3000 card.

About a year later I bought a 2nd hand PC with a GTS 450, 12 gigs of RAM and a 2nd gen i5 processor. The game's performance improved drastically of course but the game would still dip in FPS when infected spawn sometimes etc. I've since upgraded that PC to have a GTX 1050 TI and a water cooling system and surprise surprise - the game still runs like shit. And quite recently Chrome has dropped Flash and the game no longer runs on Chrome, I've switched over the Firefox. It still runs pretty bad, and arguably it has more issues than it had with Chrome previously.

I just started this discussion to get a general idea of how the game runs for other people and how powerful (or weak) their computers are and whether they've just gotten used to the game running so poorly or if it's never been an issue for them.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

I'm using a chromebook and once the game actually loads in all the way it works pretty find until i have ran a few manuals but that is just normal nowadays unfortunately i have no idea what the specs are of it so i have no idea what goes on inside it or why i can still use chrome when no one else can 

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 697 posts

I'm using a laptop with Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 and running Firefox. Usually I have no problems, except for the one where the game stops loading (the other bugs are practically nonexistent since the change made on the CDN, save from some oddity).

I also have a desktop with i3, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 and also with Firefox, and although somewhat slow (but most things are slow in that computer), I don't have many issues there either.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

hey lana, do you figure it out how to cure a survivor durin' island on firefox? i have this issue :/

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 697 posts

Was it the one related to the right-click?

If so, you can prevent it by clicking outside the game window and then back, or by playing in fullscreen mode.

Strider

Strider
  • 243 posts

Do you guys multi-task while playing the game? I tend to listen to podcasts or watch a video while playing manuals to farm kills for bounties etc. I'm assuming that's what's causing the dip in performance when I play but it really shouldn't be that drastic considering I'm running 12 gigs of RAM and using Chrome for those things which doesn't use Flash.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

i usually have youtube and some of my collection lists up and it only lags when i have done a few manuals