Photo

24h Game Warning Strike

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

morsmagnes3

morsmagnes3
  • 84 posts

@Con 

I understand that flash has issues, like when the game just freezes and ends up in a save fail 10 minutes later. I'm pretty sure that's flash crashing. At least, that's what we call it.  Another case would be when it's stuck to "connecting to kongregate" or "joining game instance". That's a flash issue for sure.

But how would it be a flash issue when our compound loads without buildings, or when it loads without books, or when it loads and all the stats on our guns/gear are nerfed?

Perhaps there is something I'm not seeing, but it doesn't look like a flash issue or a server issue. That looks more like a compatibility issue with the game.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 132 posts

@Con 

I understand that flash has issues, like when the game just freezes and ends up in a save fail 10 minutes later. I'm pretty sure that's flash crashing. At least, that's what we call it.  Another case would be when it's stuck to "connecting to kongregate" or "joining game instance". That's a flash issue for sure.

But how would it be a flash issue when our compound loads without buildings, or when it loads without books, or when it loads and all the stats on our guns/gear are nerfed?

Perhaps there is something I'm not seeing, but it doesn't look like a flash issue or a server issue. That looks more like a compatibility issue with the game.

Hiya,

I've had a few genuine Flash crashes, usually from overcooking the ram usage, a proper Flash crash ends up with a grey Adobe page within the game window offering to send a crash report and providing a space to copy/paste the url of the site you were on,

I don't ever get freezes (other than momentary blips) but I don't raid either, is this unique to raiding/pvp or on pve missions also?

the stuck connecting to, stuck joining game instance, and missing crafting, buildings, gear stats, books, alliance flag on load up is all server related, problems getting the files from the content server to the game server etc.

tbh things atm on FB & AG are pretty good, there was a new cookie provided for the game in the last week too, obviously Con has been on to the server people again,

idk what it's like on Kong, have you not noticed any improvements over the last week?

did you have to reset your in-game settings recently? this would have been due to the new cookie,

have a look in your flash player local storage settings by site in windows control panel and see if you've got a cookie starting with   playerio-u8vwwye5rlcwaepgqplqxg.....

it replaces the cloudfront.net one we got last time Con had a go at sorting out the server probs

we have chatted before when you visited the AG/FB server, it is helpful if you keep the community at large up to date on what's happening on Kong, I hope dz@ Kong hasn't been left out of the recent improvements, you are family after all  : )

Con

Con
  • 4,227 posts

@Con 

Mors, the game is constantly loading data from the Content Distribution Network, not just at the start of the game. It also checks things against the servers. If something fails to load or it can't reach the server properly, there's the potential for it to crash Flash. 

The providers are trying something different again with the CDN and their other hardware. 

Matt, to answer your question, Kong runs off the same server hardware, it's just the logins and databases that are separated. 

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 81 posts

http://prntscr.com/jtwx56

new prem box? just some minutes ago

No, old player logging back in. That was around a while ago. Happens on tick sometimes, super old event comps, boxes etc pop up when an oldie logs in who ran autos before leaving last time lol

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 81 posts

@Matt "idk what it's like on Kong, have you not noticed any improvements over the last week?"

I've played for just under a year and a half, started feb 2017 and I've seen no improvement whatsoever except more content, not even for a short period. All the same stuff happens daily, no books, joined game instance literally about 20/25+ times per time trying to log in (In extreme cases) average I'd say is 5 give or take, then it might get stuck on collating game data or signed in. A little while ago something was done/tried or something, which made 0 difference from what I could see.

Don't even get me started on raiding, the amount of times I've had to abandon raids and waste an hour due to compounds just not loading, or a bug mid-way like my survivor freezing after being hit by an explosive, or can't loot the flag is unbelievable, over 100 easily, then waste another hour waiting for my guys to get back, that's why eventually I just started leaving empty 24/7, not worth it. I remember when I first started the first thing I done was go in Kong chat and ask why it won't go past joined game instance despite refreshing in double digit numbers of times. Not sure if it happens in PvP as I usually have defenders in range but on island sometimes even if I've got a line of sight and herc guys in range my attackers won't fire but hercs be firing at me.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 132 posts

@tingadabopper

hiya,

I recognise the problems you and many others mention, I've experienced them myself, but atm, in the last week, I've had pretty much 100% success in loading without hangs and no incomplete loads, to the point I'm thinking of going back to using timed books again instead of just perm ones,

I've been trying to separate and group the problems,

what's actually the coding of the game,

what's caused by the way the server handles the game,

general network, isp and speed issues,

users setups, their router and connection to it, their device, it's operating system, their browser,

is it possible you have some problems at the bottom of this list you might be confusing with problems further up?

I keep trying to refine my user end of things and it all seems to be running fairly smoothly atm, given enough info I might be able to suggest some tweaks of your setup that improve the game experience generally.

if we could find a snag with your setup and get around it then it may apply to other users,

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 81 posts

@Matt hi matt. Hope you're well. 

I can assure it's nothing to do with my PC. I usually run 2 dead zone accounts, SAS 4 (another game), maybe a tower defence game ( so 3 games at once ) recording/editing software, watching/uploading youtube videos, filming at the same time often as well. Internet I got is great too.

Get used to it though because I think if there were plans to do something about this they would of been done by now, but I truly hope I'm wrong. What you're doing is great, some in Kong have mentioned you and how much you help on the forums so it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated but all this has been going on, like I said at least since I started playing 16 months ago give or take and I'm sure it was going on very long before I started playing, especially raiding. But I wouldn't count on it all being sorted out, it's probably far harder for Con to sort out than we realise too. 

It's all quite easy to get used to though and live with and not have it ruin your game experience in a major way if at all. At least for me :)

Edited by tingadabopper, 28 June 2018 - 02:49 PM.

Smoka

Smoka
  • 5 posts

Wait a second... did my game just load immediately? First try? Yes it did. Con you might have done something right. There's no picture when loading the game, but otherwise everything seems to work better (and immensely better than the last days where my alliance flag wouldn't even load).

Just checked again. The game loads flawlessly!