The Future Of This Game

end game

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

POPULAR

I know I'm not the only one who wonders about this, and I've chatted plenty with long time players who are asking these same questions.

It just seems like this game is getting less and less attention from the developers, and almost no new players are joining/staying around, which is making many question what the future holds for this game. 

What's the plan? I realize there's a road map filled with ideas/plans, but it just feels like this game is dying. I'm hesitant to buy more fuel, or dmu's for new accounts, because I'm not so sure I won't wake up to a notice that this game is finally shutting down.

So please, tell us Con. Is there something else you're working on? Perhaps a revamp of this game? Something new? Or is this game on it's way out?  

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 109 posts

I've been anticipating the game shutting down for a while. Already took screenshots of everything for the memories.

I really want to enjoy this game, but for quite a while it's been hard to motivate myself to play too.

There's been so very little communication. I can get that if it's a new game or a remake, it might be hard to say because people might leave TLS:DZ.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

I've been anticipating the game shutting down for a while. Already took screenshots of everything for the memories.

I really want to enjoy this game, but for quite a while it's been hard to motivate myself to play too.

There's been so very little communication. I can get that if it's a new game or a remake, it might be hard to say because people might leave TLS:DZ.

I did four island runs yesterday, seemed like an old friend I haven't seen for a while :)

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

I just tried island and got stuck again......... Honestly no longer feels worth it. So much effort for random chance rewards. The game is dying, and it's the bugs and problems killing it. 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 122 posts
Game is dead. On kongregate the kongregate site chat never passes 70 players and there is at most 10 people In game chat.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

Well, it's a matter of bankrupt here. i'm sure con won't pay from his pocket for us to play, but as the game is an indie game the costs ain't much as put something on steam ( warfare online was a shot in the foot imho and con knows that).  But in my deepest hope is that some players as I that put some cash in game can keep at least server on, with server on we have lot of things to do anyway. The question of bugs, con is always looking about it, slowly but is working, what I think that is a good sign.

Cheers everyone! 

Luisssboom

Luisssboom
  • 179 posts

Well, it's a matter of bankrupt here. i'm sure con won't pay from his pocket for us to play, but as the game is an indie game the costs ain't much as put something on steam ( warfare online was a shot in the foot imho and con knows that).  But in my deepest hope is that some players as I that put some cash in game can keep at least server on, with server on we have lot of things to do anyway. The question of bugs, con is always looking about it, slowly but is working, what I think that is a good sign.

Cheers everyone! 

It's like we need to start a fundraising campaign to keep this game alive XD.

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

Working on "Freedom Month" (a month of weekly updates) for Dead Zone at the moment. You're right that there is something else in the works - I mentioned it in the roadmap I think, but we can't talk about it just yet.

Planning to do all the stuff on the Roadmap for Dead Zone this year. Totally understand that updates have slowed down (and communications), it's just to balance out work on the thing I mentioned above. 

I know it's not the all telling answer you wanted, but there's more coming.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

gamer girl, just put some money in the game if you like it so it can survive, that simple. donation implies in nothing in return, what is not what i meant 

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Working on "Freedom Month" (a month of weekly updates) for Dead Zone at the moment. You're right that there is something else in the works - I mentioned it in the roadmap I think, but we can't talk about it just yet.

Planning to do all the stuff on the Roadmap for Dead Zone this year. Totally understand that updates have slowed down (and communications), it's just to balance out work on the thing I mentioned above. 

Freedom month sounds cool :D 

GameGirl

GameGirl
  • 50 posts

Please, isn't it about time you tell us about this "thing"?  Yes, there are items in the Roadmap that you've worked on and dropped, but this "something else". What is it exactly that is causing the rest of this game to feel like it's being neglected by you??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: end game