Photo

Chrome Issues

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 8 posts

Normally, when the Facebook Last stand loads on my computer that runs on Google Chrome, I am asked to let Flash run and then it loads.  Or it doesn't and I just hit refresh and it loads.  Now as today, 6/28, it isn't asking to run flash or it doesn't say or it's blocked.  It sounds like it has loaded and I am just getting a blank screen.  Help.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

Hi Susie,

when did you last play tls:dz? Chrome has updated itself a couple of times recently and become problematic,

if you go to the Chrome menu, Help, About Chrome, it should say which version it currently is,  Chrome was ok version 65, it's current version is 67,

I've still got version 65 and I just loaded up the game on FB and it's fine for me,

are you using a computer running microsoft windows or something else?

when the game has loaded as much as it can have you tried clicking on the lower case letter i in a circle at the beginning of the address bar and seeing if flash is allowed there?

are you getting the jigsaw piece at the end of the address bar by the bookmark star?  you can click on that to allow or manage flashplayer

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 8 posts

I have version 67.  As of yesterday, I used to get the jigsaw piece and now it doesn't do that.  It just sounds like it loads the page but nothing comes up.

Edited by Susie Q, 28 June 2018 - 06:48 PM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

Hi Susie,

I'm going to make a wild guess here, do your usual loading thing and when it gets to where you can hear stuff but nothings coming up just leave it alone for a few minutes,

your browser might have updated and got this Chrome bug and is taking inordinately long to load because of lag, it might load after a few minutes and you find there's a red warning at the top about the video card being unsupported and your box notification under the food/water storage counter is spinning because a new cookie has been issued and your in game settings need re-setting causing even more lag,

either way, if it loads and lags or doen't load at all I think for now you should switch to using Firefox which isn't messing around atm.

a lot of people have had to switch over to Firefox recently and that's why I posted the settings for Firefox to connect in the general discussion section to help people kinda new to using Firefox.

not really what you wanted to hear I expect, using Firefox is a solution to being able to keep playing, not a fix for Chrome going weird,

if you get in with Firefox we could try and figure this out in chat, might be a bit quicker!

edit: if you're a total Chrome die hard and can't stomach Firefox try Yandex Browser, it's almost Chrome and works fine atm

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 28 June 2018 - 09:44 PM.

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 8 posts

I have an ASUS laptop.  It's come with google Chrome.

renankey

renankey
  • 46 posts

the browser pale moon is running smooth dz

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

Susie,

your Asus laptop, is it a Chromebook? like it only has Google stuff on it?

another player was having a problem with their Chromebook and said switching to the Beta channel solved the problem,

I've no personal experience of Chromebooks but it sounds worth investigating, you might have to save all your pics, documents, settings etc.to a usb stick or cloud account before doing it,

look at this thread, aubrey has the Chromebook and his comment starts at #28 

http://forum.conarti...upported/page-2

this is the google page on switching over

https://support.goog...r/1086915?hl=en

hope this is of some help, prolly best to read through before committing to anything!

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 8 posts

I tried switching beta, still makes the sound that it's loaded but a blank screen.

Edited by Susie Q, 29 June 2018 - 01:22 AM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

hi again,

well that really sucks huh!

idk what to suggest next,

can you send an error report to google?

I'll see if I can find aubrey in chat and see what his chromebook is doing atm

update:  no ones seen aubrey all day, maybe this is a chromebook issue that's just happened in the last 24hrs

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 29 June 2018 - 01:40 AM.

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 8 posts

Fixed.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

yeah?!   well done!  go Susie!

let peeps know what it was if you can, might help someone else out