Photo

Freedom Month

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,272 posts

Awesome :) I think it's safe to assume the components will remain basically the same for future crafts, then.

Yep, that's the plan. There might be a few extra pieces here and there, but it'll mostly be the same bits.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 701 posts

Thanks Con, stocking up on fragments then :P

unchained

unchained
  • 116 posts

Really nice melee, Con, but I was hoping for noisy one on high lvl. :) Will we get one, pretty please? If not now in some future update maybe?

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 108 posts

yeah they do nice , gj Con

Edited by Rainwater, 18 July 2018 - 12:25 AM.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

where are the week 3 crafts ? 

Con

Con
  • 4,272 posts

where are the week 3 crafts ? 

On the way today! You'll notice that I changed it to 4 updates rather than being tied to the weeks, makes more sense with the overlaps. 

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

On the way today! You'll notice that I changed it to 4 updates rather than being tied to the weeks, makes more sense with the overlaps. 

thank you 

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

nice things to craft but i'm curious as to if there will be new boxes ? 

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 110 posts

I like the new blind justice mask, made it right away

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 108 posts

defending compound with 1 oval off ax  

Edited by Rainwater, 22 July 2018 - 04:52 PM.

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON
  • 47 posts

Hey Con!! Isn't there like 8 more hours before the crafting expires? The crafting has expired early! Please Con I have farmed so much just to get the State Helm and now the crafting has expired as I just got enough Fragments!!!

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 701 posts

I still have the crafts active (5 hours remaining), so I'm assumng you´re far from the U.S. timezones. I've heard that you can reactivate them by changing the timezone on your computer to UTC -7, but I've never tried.

And just to be safe, whenever there's an event crafting don't wait until the last day to craft everything, because this tends to happen to people away from the U.S. timezones.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

what is the the song on the golden amendment ?

P.S will the tactics catche ever be removed from the packages ? 

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 31 July 2018 - 02:01 AM.

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON
  • 47 posts

I still have the crafts active (5 hours remaining), so I'm assumng you´re far from the U.S. timezones. I've heard that you can reactivate them by changing the timezone on your computer to UTC -7, but I've never tried.
And just to be safe, whenever there's an event crafting don't wait until the last day to craft everything, because this tends to happen to people away from the U.S. timezones.

Its okay, I changed my AG account's country to US and managed to craft it, its not that I've only crafting it last minute, I've been farming whole day for the fragments

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 53 posts

I have recorded the music made by the glowing golden amendment if someone want it, what i dont know is if the loop happen at 23 seconds or 46.

https://soundcloud.com/user-940483930

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON

BRUCE_WOLF_DERON
  • 47 posts

I have recorded the music made by the glowing golden amendment if someone want it, what i dont know is if the loop happen at 23 seconds or 46.

https://soundcloud.com/user-940483930

It sounds same with the original 2nd Amendment =D 

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

Just my thoughts on this event in general now that it's over.

I liked that it was a month long event giving (non-DMU) players plenty of time to scavenge for the parts they needed to craft the items. There were quite a number of new items to craft, though most of them were more or less reskins of existing items save for the clothing (although some of those were reskins too). Also just like the previous events, the components could be purchased directly with fuel if you couldn't be arsed to scavenge them or couldn't get enough of them through scavenging. Also liked that there was a short weekend where you could craft any previously released crafts together, except the batch that was coming out the week after.

And here's what I didn't like: some of the week's content coming out late. This seems to be a problem all too familiar with CAG in the past few events/updates where content would just be delayed by some time before its release. In the transition between the 1st and 2nd batch of content it was fine, there was even an overlap in the craft timers giving you about a little over a day where you could craft both week's content together. Then came the 3rd batch (I can't remember, the one with the Oval Ax I think) and that one lasted for ages before the next batch came out. 

Also throughout this whole event, there were only two varieties of free boxes that came out, one with the first batch of content and the other with the second batch of content. There were no free boxes with the items from the rest of the weekly items released since the second and I think those also stopped dropping after some point. Also again as with the last few events, the drop rates of the crafting material. I actually had more Star Stencils dropped than I actually did the main crafting material - Freedom Fragments. At the end of this event, I had dropped 103 Star Stencils and 88 Freedom Fragments. For comparison, you need roughly 5-10 Star Stencils for any of the crafts but the Freedom Fragments requires at least 100. The drop rates of the other components were fine although Patriot Plates dropped in quite a low quantity for the amount required for crafting.

All in all, nice to see a content update with new things but poor execution.

Edited by Strider, 03 August 2018 - 08:05 AM.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 145 posts

The crafts were really the highlight of the event, there was something worthwhile to craft every week. Thank you for the items. However the event seemed lacking in other areas.

Firstly, the promo image claimed that the event keys were possible as rewards in some unidentified box... I've seen no evidence of this coming to fruition throughout the entire event.

Also noting that the Terror Dome seems to have remained unchanged. Now, I don't do the TD but I've no claims of anyone fighting Mr Murica as the the hunter or any kind of event-relevant addition to the reward boxes.

Was also hoping to see some event zombies, like Zombified Sam. The Monthly task ran through the event, we could have been killing the event zeds for it, and having the typical '?' zed in our bounties.

My guess is that you wanted to take it easy after the surprise Outbreak event, making up for typical event features by expanding it to be month-long. And that's fine, but none of us really knew that this is what you were planning. If you plan on doing this again Con & Crew, I recommend you change a few things:

1. Let us know if the event will be not include all the typical features associated with an event, or at least give us hints throughout

2. Stay fruitful to the the claims expressed in the promo image. If you change your mind, fine - edit the image; but don't leave you fan base with an unfulfilled implication right there in plain sight

3. Please remain on-schedule for the weekly additions if possible. Predictability is a big part of extended events, especially if we're going to be spending fuel, buying boosts and using timed books

---

Again, thank you for the event. A bit below standards, but these standards would have never been placed if it weren't for the more polished content that we've come to expect from you in the past.

DarkAzrael154

DarkAzrael154
  • 6 posts

Hi Con,

I agree with most of the comments raised by Pro_tyle and Strider. I appreciate that pleasing everyone is difficult, I like the event specific infected (which were missing this time) but there was a lot of negativity over the outbreak infected being too powerful, so that may have been a reason.

I am looking forward to the arrival of the HERC bunkers sometime soon (please) as this would be a welcome addition to the map, obviously none of know what format these will take, similar to Union Island?

Other than that please keep us on our toes with new events, the Undead Blitz has been my favourite by a mile so far.

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 108 posts

+1 to Pro , also what the crap is up with the herc and prems boxes being the same ones as before the event ? you normally don't do that and i think it's cheap as hell.