Photo

Building Invalid Location

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 403 posts

I have been receiving popups from the game that my compound buildings are not in valid locations every time after I go to the city map and return to the compound interface. However, as far as I can tell, they have been in the same position as they were for the last 3 months, so I don't know what is happening. It works perfectly before I exit the compound interface when I start the game, but it locks me out of the UI after I come back to the compound interface. Moreover, I cannot actually relocate my buildings because it never gives me a valid location. Strangely, the compound doors are not affected.

As a result of this, every time I finish a mission, I have to refresh just to open my inventory, send a new mission and things like that. How do I go about this?

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 132 posts

Hiya,

just a guess, try moving your wire traps into a clear area outside of the building with plenty of space around them,, they have caused people problems before,

I'm assuming you've got everything showing as blue tiles atm?

if moving the wire traps makes it settle down you can then fit them back in one at a time,

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 403 posts

Hiya,

just a guess, try moving your wire traps into a clear area outside of the building with plenty of space around them,, they have caused people problems before,

I'm assuming you've got everything showing as blue tiles atm?

if moving the wire traps makes it settle down you can then fit them back in one at a time,

It works perfectly fine when I log in. But when I come back from somewhere else onto the compound interface, everything except for the compound doors gets red tiles. Will try what you said though.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 132 posts

hiya,

the blue tiles are usually because one building is overlapping another,

the wire traps are the one building that don't have the blue tiles on the edge with footprints on,

this allows you to put the wire traps edge to edge without any gap,

initially you could have a wire trap overlapping the blue footprint tile of another building but this was revised by the dev's and people were getting the 'sea of blue tiles' effect until they moved their wire traps off any blue footprint tile they might have been overlapping,

when you say red tiles it makes me think indoors/outdoors,

some buildings can only be placed outdoors, some can only be placed indoors,

the fact your doors haven't gone red makes me wonder if you've got them fitted in a conflicting manner, I have mine placed on the outside of the wall with the pulley drums at the top facing out,

if the wire traps don't change the situation I'd suggest moving all x3 doors to a location outside, clear of everything, and see if that cures it,

if that doesn't do it then I'd focus on moving one building at a time to try and find the culprit,

the medical bench for instance, when you go to place it you should get a warning of 'can only be place indoors'

watch towers would give the message 'can only be placed outdoors'

if all the tiles are blue or red, when you do move and place in the clear the offending building it should immediately settle down, so just do one building at a time and if it makes no difference put i back exactly where it came from,

I don't think there have been any changes to building placement rules recently but there have been a lot of changes at the server end to improve connection lately and maybe this may have helped the server spot an 'as yet unnoticed' conflict,

I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough, good luck !

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 403 posts

It works fine now for whatever reason. Didn't actually do anything. Thanks anyway.