Photo

Was Playable, Now Isn't?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 697 posts

I use Google Chrome and I stopped playing this game for a few months but decided to get back into it.

Now I'm not given the option to run flash and the game runs terribly, even on low graphics. I don't think my computer is that bad.

Also, I get an error when I go to the map. Any help?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 695 posts

Try another browser. For what i've heard, Chrome is doing worse with every update.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

or if you can see if you are able to allow unsandboxed plugin access for the game URL 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 697 posts

or if you can see if you are able to allow unsandboxed plugin access for the game URL 

I'm not quite sure what that means. I found the setting in chrome but I didn't see anything I could really do with it, besides allowing sites or not allowing sites to do certain things. 

I deleted Armor games from being allowed and then loaded it up again so it would force to ask for flash, I ran it, and the same thing happened.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 705 posts

I'm not quite sure what that means. I found the setting in chrome but I didn't see anything I could really do with it, besides allowing sites or not allowing sites to do certain things. 

I deleted Armor games from being allowed and then loaded it up again so it would force to ask for flash, I ran it, and the same thing happened.

did you do the whole site or just the game url ?

Edit: I tested to see if the game URL or using the home page made a difference and it works with both but as it doesn't work for you i would say use firefox like matt said 

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 14 July 2018 - 02:12 AM.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

ninja,

it's Chrome, look at the video tab of your in game settings, at the top it says the rendering mode, bet yours says 'software', it should say 'hardware accelerated'

your game runs really slowly and if you looked at task manager the cpu would be running at or near 100%

if you use Firefox or Yandex (quite like Chrome) it'll be just like normal.

most people have abandoned using Chrome for the game for this reason.

For the whole saga of how Chrome shot itself in the foot with an update see this thread:

http://forum.conarti...-not-supported/

you've just not been around while it was happening !

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 14 July 2018 - 02:07 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 697 posts

I'll probably stop playing then as I generally play this to kill time. Not worth dropping my main browser just for one game.

Or I'll just deal with the bad frames. Ah well, thanks for the help everyone!

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

I'll probably stop playing then as I generally play this to kill time. Not worth dropping my main browser just for one game.

Or I'll just deal with the bad frames. Ah well, thanks for the help everyone!

what makes you think you have to drop Chrome?

you can just use a secondary browser to play dz,

I've got Firefox as my main browser, set as default, and then Chrome, Yandex, IE11 & Pale Moon as alternatives, I had Opera, Vivaldi & FB Gameroom installed at one point too!

Google Chrome is just Google's build of the chromium project with some Google branding and bit's and bobs added, the same with Opera, Vivaldi & Yandex,

of all the chromium family only Yandex hasn't nerfed Flash Player so that it renders in software mode,

I think the switch to software rendering is to pander to mobile devices which now make the majority of internet connections,

just download and install Yandex as a secondary browser, migrate your settings from Chrome and use it for tls:dz when you want to play,

carry on using Chrome for everything else you do online, (while they still allow you to)

try making a tin foil hat to block Google's mind control app and have a think about it? (make sure you put the shiny side of the foil on the outside)