Photo

Bounty: Raiding A Compound Without Survivors?

Bouny Survivor Compound Fuel Waste of time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GamingBadger

GamingBadger
  • 37 posts

I just did a Bounty and when I placed my players there were no survivors in the compound!  Everything else was destroyed and looted too!  So the only thing left for me to do was go back.  I searched the entire compound but found nothing!  I don't want to sound like a complainer but this was really unfair for me.  All I got was a trip back to my compound that is going to take 1hr and 30min.

But that is not the real problem here though.  The entire bounty needs a fixing.  I might not have gotten anything from my raid but there's much more to be fixed than this sort of bug.

I am going to list a few things I see wrong with the Bounty.

Things wrong with the Bounty:

-  Button shows the option to raid a compound when you really can't.  (Either because the person is under protection or is already being attacked) I believe this can be fixed without causing more lag by adding a time refreshment every couple of minutes.

-  The problem I had and explained already.  How is this even possible?

-  When you attack a compound the person can retaliate against you while your survivors are on their way back to the compound.  It doesn't make sense because you killed their survivors and when your survivors are on their way back the enemy can raid your compound instantly.

Ok these are just from my experience.  I love the bounty don't get me wrong; I am just pointing out its flaws.  If anyone else has something to add or comment.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

ur completely right. +1

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

I just did a Bounty and when I placed my players there were no survivors in the compound!  Everything else was destroyed and looted too!  So the only thing left for me to do was go back.  I searched the entire compound but found nothing!  I don't want to sound like a complainer but this was really unfair for me.  All I got was a trip back to my compound that is going to take 1hr and 30min.

Ok, and that will happen to you more than once to find empty compounds when raiding.

In this case, don't do anything (shooting, scavenging, etc.)

Just disconnect from the server and your raiding party will be back at your compound after you'll reconnect (at least, you won't waste the return time).

But then, you'll be unable to hit the same compound for the next 24hrs.

Finally, this doesn't work if someone shoot at you (if occupied) or you actually have done something the server will log.

Beside, in order to avoid being retaliated during a raid return time, there is very simple fix: you just stay connected until your guys are at home (make some scavenging missions with other survivors) => Do not launch two PvP raids at the same time, or expect something like that to happen.

In short, plan your raids at the begining of your playing time (not at the end). Be sure that you can stay online to do something else while waiting for your party to return.

Edited by Takata, 08 June 2013 - 06:13 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

"Button shows the option to raid a compound when you really can't.  (Either because the person is under protection or is already being attacked) I believe this can be fixed without causing more lag by adding a time refreshment every couple of minutes."

A raid takes a maximum of 7 minutes, having a refresh every couple of minutes wouldn't solve the problem, only lessen it slightly

" The problem I had and explained already.  How is this even possible?"

Someone else beat you there. Quite a simple explanation really. Whenever you start a raid, you run several risks including;

Someone else has raided that compound and downed all the defenders, destroyed all barricades and looted everything

The defenders are all out on a mission and so there is no-one home

The defenders are better armed than you and kill your team very quickly

The leader is not at the compound so you can't collect the bounty on them

"When you attack a compound the person can retaliate against you while your survivors are on their way back to the compound.  It doesn't make sense because you killed their survivors and when your survivors are on their way back the enemy can raid your compound instantly."

Thats a risk of raiding. Since the new injury update, this is probably more common as injuries don't take up to 4 hours to heal. They can instantly get to your compound in the same way you instantly got to theirs.

All the issues you have pointed out have already been repeatedly asked (1st) or are part fo the mechanics of the game by design

Zray

Zray
  • 362 posts

if I saw no one in this darn compound,I will take the loots and destroy and of course,I will destroy the defense if I it's drive me crazy

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Or, you could have just closed the tab, and reloaded the game. Probably, i never really did that, to know if it works. Why would you suffer the vulnerability of waiting survivors to reach your compound back, when you have such a crappy time?

Edited by GabbyManuel, 08 June 2013 - 02:08 PM.

GamingBadger

GamingBadger
  • 37 posts

Or, you could have just closed the tab, and reloaded the game. Probably, i never really did that, to know if it works. Why would you suffer the vulnerability of waiting survivors to reach your compound back, when you have such a crappy time?

I could have done this I guess.  I didn't know.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bouny, Survivor, Compound, Fuel, Waste, of, time