Photo

More Interaction In Infected Bounties

Bounty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 145 posts

Was just thinking about the meaning of the bounty, some unnamed people need some kills in certain areas right? And we, as the bounty hunters provide the service of containing the undead, yes? As it stands, we all at the moment have more or less the same range of rewards for the same range of work (level dependent, obviously), but in reality bounty hunters should charge different amounts of pay for varying types of work.

It starts as when we get a bounty, we would be able to choose what kind of pay we want, in terms of item type. Each type we chose has a certain value. Par example:

Active Gear = 1

Medical Items = 1

Tokens = 3

Rares = 3

Fuel = 5

Keys = 7

↑ Numbers for sake of argument only, not exactly real value but obviously more rare items would be rated higher.

Of course, to counteract we being choosy with our paycheck would demand more rigorous work. This is the use of the valued rewards: higher the cumulative value, the more intense your bounty will be. Something like say 6 cumulative value would be 1x normal bounty requirements. Value of 15 would be 3x normal bounty requirements. More work, more rewards.

---

One problem I see is that the game really doesn't have anything like this implemented at the time, it would seem a bit out of place with the game's current interface. An alternative would allow us to choose an Easy, Medium, and Hard bounty, with preset rewards determined by the developers. There tends to be a discrepancy between who thinks what is valuable here, so that may be an issue as well ("I did all this work for a green token??"). Getting lucky with the RNG should would remain a factor in bounties, no matter which direction you choose.

While on the subject - please fix our eligible districts please ^^? No lower than Waterside/Green Plains

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

I don't quite understand your idea pro are saying we would get paid to do other people's infected bounties or did I misread something?

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 145 posts

The ability to have more control over our bounty's difficulty and reward. Just like how free agents can charge a price for their service in their line of work, we can be able to do the same to some extent. A tougher job warrants a bigger paycheck; our job being, killing the zombies they ask for with each infected bounty

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 708 posts

How about for starters we get bounties that are actually within a reasonable level range

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bounty