Photo

Game Doesnt Load On Chrome, Firefox Or Edge.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

How do I play?  I bought the upgraded car and now I go to log in and I cant play at all.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.191

Google Chrome

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 (64-bit) Uptodate.

Hardware

I7 6700K
EVGA GTX 1080ti Driver Version 398.36
16GB ddr4 Ram.

All my steam games and other games run fine, I keep my pc updated and clean.   I have no idea why this flash game doesnt work for me.  It stopped working properly several month back, and I never got any resolve.

As you can see in my screenshot, I have no option to allow the game to run, like I used to.

Please help.   I supported the game, could use a little support back.  Thanks

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

Hiya,

well firstly idk if you were getting the unsupported video card warning in Chrome?

if so use Firefox, Chrome has started trying to render the game in Software Mode but Firefox still renders it in Hardware Accelerated Mode as it should be,

now the connection issue looks rather like this case recently,

http://forum.conarti...og-in-main-acc/

compare his screen shot to yours, then scroll down to Con's fix,

a further point is that on FB in Firefox you do need to allow 3rd party cookies for the game to recognise you're logged into FB, if you have problems this post covers Firefox setup,

http://forum.conarti...efox-for-tlsdz/

hopefully this is enough to get you back up and running,

if not please let us know,

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

Hiya,

well firstly idk if you were getting the unsupported video card warning in Chrome?

if so use Firefox, Chrome has started trying to render the game in Software Mode but Firefox still renders it in Hardware Accelerated Mode as it should be,

now the connection issue looks rather like this case recently,

http://forum.conarti...og-in-main-acc/

compare his screen shot to yours, then scroll down to Con's fix,

a further point is that on FB in Firefox you do need to allow 3rd party cookies for the game to recognise you're logged into FB, if you have problems this post covers Firefox setup,

http://forum.conarti...efox-for-tlsdz/

hopefully this is enough to get you back up and running,

if not please let us know,

I cant run the game at all, Chrome, firefox, ie, edge,  there is no option to enable plugin.  It just loads, I took a walk, took a shower, ate, came back, still loading.

I used to be able to play, now there is no option.

As for connection issues, its not on my end if there is one, I have 150 mbps down and 50mbps up.  I am able to play any game on steam in 4k at max settings, and connect to any server, though I try to stay under 200 ping in certain games and if a pvp game I dont play on max settings.

I am a fan of a good zombie game, but I sadly cant get this game to run.  I am at an utter loss.

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

https://youtu.be/ZO-qPZdqpv8  a video of my attempt to play and verifying my pc is updated

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

but have you looked at your Facebook permissions as in the fix suggested by Con in the first link I posted?

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

but have you looked at your Facebook permissions as in the fix suggested by Con in the first link I posted?

Yes, but for security reasons I did not show that part of my facebook.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change.  I am just giving up.   Nothing I have done has allowed me to play it.  Its using an outdated problematic version of flash that modern browsers dont seem to like using.  I even went as far as downloading that bloatware Facebook game room without resolution/

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

Hiya,

well sorry I couldn't view your YT vid, I'm getting a 404 error from the link,

I'm sure you have tried everything you've mentioned and I share your frustration, there have been a lot of obstacles erected by browsers and FB recently,

Shockwave Flash Player is still currently supported by Adobe and will be until the end of 2020,

it seems as tho Google and FB are just being exceptionally unhelpful facilitating the use of Flash lately,

this may be because they're leaning towards mobile device users now, unlike when this game started out in 2012 when hardly anyone was using mobile devices, now a bit more than 50% of all internet connections are made with mobile devices and Google Chrome has major domination of the browser market, I guess they think that they can just do what ever they want at this point and the sheep will have no choice but to follow,

I do have an account on Armor Games & Facebook and I'm able to play on both platforms satisfactorily using Firefox,

I did use FB Gameroom in the past but they updated it and changed it to software rendering back in the early spring making it unusable for most people, it is a disgusting piece of advertising bloatware, borderline malware and I was quite happy to uninstall it and never use it again,

in late spring Google changed Chrome to render in software mode too, this spilled over into Opera & Vivaldi as they're all based on the chromium project, this again caused a lot of problems for numerous players,

IE 11 doesn't work very well for me, the mouse scroll doesn't work in full screen and the animation pauses whenever the mouse pointer passes over anything you can interact with,

Edge works ok but the chat lags awfully, almost as if Edge is performing predictive searches at each point you type a character, it's as if it thinks chat in an embedded search box!

I use Firefox, the same version you have installed, I'm also using Windows 10, much as I dislike it, there is no other version of Windows available for retail now,

I'm only offering suggestions to you as I enjoy this game and hope that by assisting others to keep playing the game will live on, I've nothing else to gain by investing my time here trying to help people,

I do not give up easily, to quote Galaxy Quest " Never give up, never surrender" I will not let silicon valley dictate to me how I use the interweb,

so.. based on using Firefox,

mine is set to default browser,

I've the latest version of the NPAPI Flash plug-in installed, in Firefox menu/add ons/ plug-ins/ Shockwave Flash is set to 'always activate'

in Firefox menu/options/privacy & security, accept 3rd party cookies and site data is set to 'always' this is for the game to recognise that I'm logged into Facebook,

if you go to Windows control panel, Flashplayer, updates tab, you can see if you've got the NPAPI plug-in installed,

on the storage tab you have 'Local Storage Settings by Site'

this has all the cookies Flash needs to connect to the game and also retain your in game settings, there have been several changes recently, you could try 'Delete all' and allow new cookies to be installed at your next log in attempt,

on FB, if you use the drop down where you can choose to log out, select settings, then apps & websites, you should have The Last Stand in your active apps and websites list,

below that is preferences, apps websites and games, this should be turned on,

this setup allows me to connect and play no probs,

I gave you the link to Milan's thread because it looked identical to your problem,

the fix Con suggested and which worked for Milan was:

"It's an issue with your Facebook permissions. 

To fix the problem, you'll need to go to Facebook and select the downward arrow menu. Then select Settings. 

Click on The Last Stand: Dead Zone and then click remove. Don't worry, this won't affect your account at all, this just removes it from your Facebook list. 

When you load the game again - https://apps.faceboo...stand-deadzone/ - it will ask you for permissions to enter. Accept those and you should be good to go."

later on he offered the explanation:

"They rolled out new permissions at some point a few years ago for all applications it seems, so it seems like it was only older accounts that were being affected."

if you clone my set up as described above and apply the solution suggested by Con to Milan (which worked for him) and you still can't connect successfully then frankly I'm totally baffled!

hopefully you'll let us know how you get on,

good luck : )

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

Hiya,

well sorry I couldn't view your YT vid, I'm getting a 404 error from the link,

I'm sure you have tried everything you've mentioned and I share your frustration, there have been a lot of obstacles erected by browsers and FB recently,

Shockwave Flash Player is still currently supported by Adobe and will be until the end of 2020,

it seems as tho Google and FB are just being exceptionally unhelpful facilitating the use of Flash lately,

this may be because they're leaning towards mobile device users now, unlike when this game started out in 2012 when hardly anyone was using mobile devices, now a bit more than 50% of all internet connections are made with mobile devices and Google Chrome has major domination of the browser market, I guess they think that they can just do what ever they want at this point and the sheep will have no choice but to follow,

I do have an account on Armor Games & Facebook and I'm able to play on both platforms satisfactorily using Firefox,

I did use FB Gameroom in the past but they updated it and changed it to software rendering back in the early spring making it unusable for most people, it is a disgusting piece of advertising bloatware, borderline malware and I was quite happy to uninstall it and never use it again,

in late spring Google changed Chrome to render in software mode too, this spilled over into Opera & Vivaldi as they're all based on the chromium project, this again caused a lot of problems for numerous players,

IE 11 doesn't work very well for me, the mouse scroll doesn't work in full screen and the animation pauses whenever the mouse pointer passes over anything you can interact with,

Edge works ok but the chat lags awfully, almost as if Edge is performing predictive searches at each point you type a character, it's as if it thinks chat in an embedded search box!

I use Firefox, the same version you have installed, I'm also using Windows 10, much as I dislike it, there is no other version of Windows available for retail now,

I'm only offering suggestions to you as I enjoy this game and hope that by assisting others to keep playing the game will live on, I've nothing else to gain by investing my time here trying to help people,

I do not give up easily, to quote Galaxy Quest " Never give up, never surrender" I will not let silicon valley dictate to me how I use the interweb,

so.. based on using Firefox,

mine is set to default browser,

I've the latest version of the NPAPI Flash plug-in installed, in Firefox menu/add ons/ plug-ins/ Shockwave Flash is set to 'always activate'

in Firefox menu/options/privacy & security, accept 3rd party cookies and site data is set to 'always' this is for the game to recognise that I'm logged into Facebook,

if you go to Windows control panel, Flashplayer, updates tab, you can see if you've got the NPAPI plug-in installed,

on the storage tab you have 'Local Storage Settings by Site'

this has all the cookies Flash needs to connect to the game and also retain your in game settings, there have been several changes recently, you could try 'Delete all' and allow new cookies to be installed at your next log in attempt,

on FB, if you use the drop down where you can choose to log out, select settings, then apps & websites, you should have The Last Stand in your active apps and websites list,

below that is preferences, apps websites and games, this should be turned on,

this setup allows me to connect and play no probs,

I gave you the link to Milan's thread because it looked identical to your problem,

the fix Con suggested and which worked for Milan was:

"It's an issue with your Facebook permissions. 

To fix the problem, you'll need to go to Facebook and select the downward arrow menu. Then select Settings. 

Click on The Last Stand: Dead Zone and then click remove. Don't worry, this won't affect your account at all, this just removes it from your Facebook list. 

When you load the game again - https://apps.faceboo...stand-deadzone/ - it will ask you for permissions to enter. Accept those and you should be good to go."

later on he offered the explanation:

"They rolled out new permissions at some point a few years ago for all applications it seems, so it seems like it was only older accounts that were being affected."

if you clone my set up as described above and apply the solution suggested by Con to Milan (which worked for him) and you still can't connect successfully then frankly I'm totally baffled!

hopefully you'll let us know how you get on,

good luck : )

Yeah I removed the app from my settings that didnt fix it, the game just hangs on load screen,

My mic was muted on the video, forgot I had mute toggled so its kinda pointless, but I was explaining all that I did to try and resolve the issue, and was showing my pc, wondering if having 3 monitors was somehow the cause, and explaining I tried disabling 2, but that didnt resolve it.  Ill update if I figure it out.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

this is kinda weird,

just think outside of the box for a moment,

the flashplayer has booted up or you wouldn't see the loading animation and loading page pic,

you tried 3 different browsers and they all do the same thing,

it looks just like the point Milan's game was hanging and resetting his permissions fixed that,

have you got an antivirus running? could you try disabling that maybe? I only use the windows antivirus bundled with Win 10 and it causes no problem,

anything else you've installed that could be blocking the final step of the connection? idk.. (you've shed loads of stuff on your desktop!) some tracking blocker add on?

I use adblockplus and it doesn't interfere, have you added any additional filters of your own?

did you clear the flashplayer site storage and check your 3rd party cookies are allowed?

the flashplayer storage in control panel is for active x and NPAPI, Chrome uses PPAPI Flash and the site storage is an online portal

https://www.macromed..._manager07.html

also.. in the vid, at the point it hangs on loading the loading icon is just spinning freely, if that happens to me I click the browser refresh button, if that loading icon spins erratically, stop/starting, it's actually doing stuff,

I still think it might be permissions or cookie related,

additional:  I remembered this from back in April, you prolly missed all of it

http://forum.conarti...not-authorized/

the gist being:

darth chandra, on 11 Apr 2018 - 12:52, said:snapback.png

ATTENTION  all facebook players! FB changed the security settings. To fix you need to go to settings (where you log out) then click apps and websites. then click the expired tab. you will see dead one listed there. Below the games listed with be an area labeled "apps, websites, and games. " you need to click "EDIT" then turn it off. all the games will disappear. then you need to click "EDIT" again and turn it back on. now you have to go through gameroom like the very 1st time you ever played the game. click play game and it should work now

Facebook are refreshing their tokens it turns out:

"Between April 9–21, 2018, tokens for users who have not actively logged into your app and granted consent to permissions in the last 90 days will expire. To refresh these user tokens, you must send people through the login process, and they must renew consent by clicking the Continue button. Renewal of consent is now required every 90 days."

Our suggestion for now is to LOG OUT of Facebook, then log back in and then load the game to see if that works for you. You can also try the solution offered in the post above. Unfortunately, none of us have expired tokens, so we can't replicate the issue atm.

We're working on an actual solution.

Edit:

We've added a feature that didn't exist when we first set up Dead Zone that will ask for you to "Continue with Facebook" if your app isn't authorized. For those having trouble, give it a shot and let us know how you go.

also you seem to keep yourself permanently logged into FB, when did you last log out, clear your cache and cookies then log back in again?

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 03 August 2018 - 12:04 AM.

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

this is kinda weird,

just think outside of the box for a moment,

the flashplayer has booted up or you wouldn't see the loading animation and loading page pic,

you tried 3 different browsers and they all do the same thing,

it looks just like the point Milan's game was hanging and resetting his permissions fixed that,

have you got an antivirus running? could you try disabling that maybe? I only use the windows antivirus bundled with Win 10 and it causes no problem,

anything else you've installed that could be blocking the final step of the connection? idk.. (you've shed loads of stuff on your desktop!) some tracking blocker add on?

I use adblockplus and it doesn't interfere, have you added any additional filters of your own?

did you clear the flashplayer site storage and check your 3rd party cookies are allowed?

the flashplayer storage in control panel is for active x and NPAPI, Chrome uses PPAPI Flash and the site storage is an online portal

https://www.macromed..._manager07.html

also.. in the vid, at the point it hangs on loading the loading icon is just spinning freely, if that happens to me I click the browser refresh button, if that loading icon spins erratically, stop/starting, it's actually doing stuff,

I still think it might be permissions or cookie related,

additional:  I remembered this from back in April, you prolly missed all of it

http://forum.conarti...not-authorized/

the gist being:

darth chandra, on 11 Apr 2018 - 12:52, said:snapback.png

Facebook are refreshing their tokens it turns out:

"Between April 9–21, 2018, tokens for users who have not actively logged into your app and granted consent to permissions in the last 90 days will expire. To refresh these user tokens, you must send people through the login process, and they must renew consent by clicking the Continue button. Renewal of consent is now required every 90 days."

Our suggestion for now is to LOG OUT of Facebook, then log back in and then load the game to see if that works for you. You can also try the solution offered in the post above. Unfortunately, none of us have expired tokens, so we can't replicate the issue atm.

We're working on an actual solution.

Edit:

We've added a feature that didn't exist when we first set up Dead Zone that will ask for you to "Continue with Facebook" if your app isn't authorized. For those having trouble, give it a shot and let us know how you go.

also you seem to keep yourself permanently logged into FB, when did you last log out, clear your cache and cookies then log back in again?

My creditcard info is on this PC, so I am not turning my AV off.  But I have the same issue on my laptop, and that has no antivirus, as I just reformated it.

My Cache is cleared every night at 11pm.  I have c cleaner that runs automatically daily.   I have stay logged in checked when I log in.  But I manually cleared the cache to no fix.

This happened once before, and after like 4 month of randomly checking it one day decided to work again.  So I will just check back ever few days, not really worth the stress for a flash game, I enjoy this game, but there is too much stress involved for me to fix this.   Ill update this thread if and when it starts working and if I do anything that might cause it to fix.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 149 posts

just to clarify,

with the regime you follow, as described above, do you have to log back in to Facebook using your FB password or does it connect you directly when you go to the log in page?

are you using that click on your profile picture to log in?

is your account 'sync'd' to other devices you use?

I'm wondering if you've ever truly logged out of FB for months?

GameOverMan

GameOverMan
  • 8 posts

just to clarify,

with the regime you follow, as described above, do you have to log back in to Facebook using your FB password or does it connect you directly when you go to the log in page?

are you using that click on your profile picture to log in?

is your account 'sync'd' to other devices you use?

I'm wondering if you've ever truly logged out of FB for months?

Fixed the issue.  Still not sure what it was, but a new Nvidia Driver released last night and today when I tried the game was working.  The only thing that changed was my gpu driver updated.

I dont have FB on my phone, I uninstalled it ages ago.  And My Facebook is logged out at 11pm every night as I stated above, CCleaner runs every night at 11pm CST.  This clears my cookies, my cache, my active log ins, my browser history.   I build pcs as a hobby and I am a streamer, and I host a semi popular 7 days to die server, so I come across a wide variety of issues(and no, I am not hosting the server on the pc I am using).

Still wish I could tell you what the exact issue was, but after todays gpu update(these come every so often, when new games release) the game started working.   But this isnt the first time this game has been a problem for me to connect to, so hopefully it wont happen again for awhile.

Thanks for the help Matt

CAUSE OF PROBLEM:                 Unknown.

COMMENTS:                                 Special thanks to Matt Baker of UK for trying to brain storm a fix with me.