Photo

Dear Con

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 34 posts

An undeserved Travesty for loyal DZ players.

3,660 alliance tokens down the drain. We work our asses off to save up for GOLD boost every month. LESS than 1 UNIQUE every 2 days (ZERO above LVL 54), 3-4 Rares, 5 Purples (maybe) and 60+ BLUES is the reward......? Gee... thanks.

1 of our members blitzed for LVL 2 WAR BOX purely by running manuals.... an astounding 180+ manual missions, & they found LESS than 8 UNI's! When the regular quota during 25% GOLD alone (no books/lucky gear) is 4-5 PER DAY on less than 12 manuals. Yes, I said "PER-DAY".

Step #1= Please reimberse the Apprentice [#AP] alliance with 3,660 alliance tokens.
Step #2= create 2 new labels w/new stats for Purple items.
Step #3= show some gratitude to the folks keeping this gaming community alive and HELPING/TEACHING new players. You are welcome.

Newbies are still buying DMU's & spending cash on FUEL packs/Starter packs, yet nobody is around to moderate chat, or tend to this issue. Just disable the Store and ability to spend money whatsoever; its a greedy disservice to those poor folks just only now entering the game, to be taking money from them if you know the ship is sinking.

2nd time this year we've been screwed over, as if the introduction of the Prison event super zombies DURING A GOLD BOOST wasn't enough salt in the wound.

We are all content to provide quality feedback & amazing suggestions for all aspects of the game - as many folks actually DO create wonderful ideas + solutions, alas....they are just tossed to the side-burner and laughed at.

PRO TYLE makes a valid point: stop by for literally 20 seconds to type "Hey guys, I'm waxing my white ass at the beach here in Melbourne - too busy, sry". Or maybe "Nah, ya'll ain't worth it, me n' my bogan buds are havin some brewskies w/your Fuel pack money, but maybe I'll get to it next month... gotta cash in on more Halloween junk to flood your overloaded inventories. Can't miss the chance to laugh at the poor newbies as they scramble to clear all the garbage in their 500-item capacity since we removed ability to expand it with FUEL."

-Heck, even just "Oh hey, nah I don't feel like alleviating this simple problem - but thanks to the 25+ regulars for keeping the game alive with their 2-5 alternate accounts each."

...CAG doesn't seem to realize the lost potential of what was -and by event indications of returning members- what IS a very large community willing to participate to enrich all aspects of the DZ. 70,000,000+ game plays isn't a failure, but you're pissing it away. INSERT more alliance Banner options at all levels - more ICONS, Backdrops, Colors. CREATE that 5th-Round rotation of new Boosts/Tasks that you said you would 2 years ago. Fix the exploits. Lower Fuel prices, Increase trade window capacity for almost every single item (the slot limits on most items is pathetic). HERC bunkers is NOT a priority.

You cannot expect to heal a game by constricting the very same aspects & accessibilities that maintain its' platform. Bleeding out every ounce of FUEL out from the members, annually decreasing the daily FUEL loot capacity, thinking it compels them to spend money to buy it, DOES NOT motivate them to play more lol. Flood the market with FUEL and lighter restrictions - ironically, more freedom of movement will increase the likelihood of people willing to spend more cash when they see how flexible things become.

Trade channels used to be maxed w/100 people, or at least a daily average of 75. Now we're lucky to see 40. Having to make multiple alternate accounts just to get enough FUEL to push 10 extra keys into the market per month is a sad state of affairs. Now the UNI's are gone. Next new item for the game should be a coffin, just in time for Halloween, so we can bury ourselves.

We liked this game and were ready to participate in helping it - you shoved us aside in favor of a faster $20 in your wallet. Well done.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

3,660 alliance tokens down the drain. We work our asses off to save up for GOLD boost every month. LESS than 1 UNIQUE every 2 days (ZERO above LVL 54), 3-4 Rares, 5 Purples (maybe) and 60+ BLUES is the reward......? Gee... thanks.

1 of our members blitzed for LVL 2 WAR BOX purely by running manuals.... an astounding 180+ manual missions, & they found LESS than 8 UNI's! When the regular quota during 25% GOLD alone (no books/lucky gear) is 4-5 PER DAY on less than 12 manuals. Yes, I said "PER-DAY".

Step #1= Please reimberse the Apprentice [#AP] alliance with 3,660 alliance tokens.
Step #3= show some gratitude to the folks keeping this gaming community alive and HELPING/TEACHING new players. You are welcome.

Newbies are still buying DMU's & spending cash on FUEL packs/Starter packs, yet nobody is around to moderate chat, or tend to this issue. Just disable the Store and ability to spend money whatsoever; its a greedy disservice to those poor folks just only now entering the game, to be taking money from them if you know the ship is sinking.

2nd time this year we've been screwed over, as if the introduction of the Prison event super zombies DURING A GOLD BOOST wasn't enough salt in the wound.

We are all content to provide quality feedback & amazing suggestions for all aspects of the game - as many folks actually DO create wonderful ideas + solutions, alas....they are just tossed to the side-burner and laughed at.

PRO TYLE makes a valid point: stop by for literally 20 seconds to type "Hey guys, I'm waxing my white ass at the beach here in Melbourne - too busy, sry". Or maybe "Nah, ya'll ain't worth it, me n' my bogan buds are havin some brewskies w/your Fuel pack money, but maybe I'll get to it next month... gotta cash in on more Halloween junk to flood your overloaded inventories. Can't miss the chance to laugh at the poor newbies as they scramble to clear all the garbage in their 500-item capacity since we removed ability to expand it with FUEL."

-Heck, even just "Oh hey, nah I don't feel like alleviating this simple problem - but thanks to the 25+ regulars for keeping the game alive with their 2-5 alternate accounts each."

...CAG doesn't seem to realize the lost potential of what was -and by event indications of returning members- what IS a very large community willing to participate to enrich all aspects of the DZ. 70,000,000+ game plays isn't a failure, but you're pissing it away. INSERT more alliance Banner options at all levels - more ICONS, Backdrops, Colors. CREATE that 5th-Round rotation of new Boosts/Tasks that you said you would 2 years ago. Fix the exploits. Lower Fuel prices, Increase trade window capacity for almost every single item (the slot limits on most items is pathetic). HERC bunkers is NOT a priority.

You cannot expect to heal a game by constricting the very same aspects & accessibilities that maintain its' platform. Bleeding out every ounce of FUEL out from the members, annually decreasing the daily FUEL loot capacity, thinking it compels them to spend money to buy it, DOES NOT motivate them to play more lol. Flood the market with FUEL and lighter restrictions - ironically, more freedom of movement will increase the likelihood of people willing to spend more cash when they see how flexible things become.

Trade channels used to be maxed w/100 people, or at least a daily average of 75. Now we're lucky to see 40. Having to make multiple alternate accounts just to get enough FUEL to push 10 extra keys into the market per month is a sad state of affairs. Now the UNI's are gone. Next new item for the game should be a coffin, just in time for Halloween, so we can bury ourselves.

We liked this game and were ready to participate in helping it - you shoved us aside in favor of a faster $20 in your wallet. Well done.

Yeah I used to be blinded by fanboyism to how much the game has fallen over the years but now even I realize con has become like every other fucking MMO dev and only cares about money I honestly hope he gets fucked by the investigation Australia is doing into loot boxes 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 122 posts

Yeah. One of my boys in my alliance on kong did over 200 missions and got no unis. The game is honestly dead (kong as a around 100 active accs which are mostly alts). I was saying that the game has 2-4yrs left in it. Now I dont even see it lasting till 2020.

Edited by bossfighter7, 17 September 2018 - 11:59 AM.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Yeah. One of my boys in my alliance on kong did over 200 missions and got a handful (at most) unis. The game is honestly dead (kong as a around 100 active accs which are mostly alts). I was saying that the game has 2-4yrs left in it. Now I dont even see it lasting till 2020.

I doubt it will last the rest of the year  

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 703 posts

I might as well post the more PVE-based player's perspective. I'm really not a big fan of alliances, but all the same I find the lack of new content, desperately needed changes, and communication to be severely disturbing. 

There's recently been barely any attempts to improve the game for both PVP and PVE players.
PVP players find less uniques. This clearly has a huge impact, as the above posts show. There's been few changes to alliance wars, and not much of a push for trading either.

PVE players (or even just regular players who want some nice bounty loot) trying to complete infected bounties STILL haven't seen the level range be changed, and even then; bounties don't often give you anything useful. A unique with +7.5 damage, yeah that's t o t a l l y what I wanted.

Union Island. Looting is pointless (oh yes please give me that level 51 suppressed AK-105), and the island boxes still have really useless things in them. No, I don't want another fucking herc mine case. There's still many pathfinding bugs (mainly with destroyed doors) and balance issues (some maps are a walk in the park while others it comes down to the 1-2 minute mark). 

The Terror Dome is a underused event that shouldn't even cost the amount of fuel that it does. And Freedom Week didn't even have a themed Terror Dome (to the best of my knowledge. Please yell at me if I'm wrong)! Usually Terror Dome is a great way to get stuff for an event (I think this is it's only merit) but it was just sat aside.

AI Compounds; another fairly pointless addition. Buffing loot and adding more variety might make them worth doing for more PVE-based players, but until then they're just practice; something you probably don't really need unless you're very new. And even then people got by beforehand, so it's not like they were essential. This update was easily one of the biggest letdowns for me. I thought it'd let me do raiding without really having to worry about getting into an alliance or being raided back. Instead they were just pointless practicing spots with terrible loot. Adding a fuel generator might have made it worth it, but right now there's no reason I wouldn't just raid a military dock. 

Infected Elites only recently give you 25 fuel, and that doesn't really excuse the constant pathfinding/lag/glitched zombies/other misc bugs that often pop up and aid in you losing a survivor. Although I will admit, stuff like lag is more on my side. Infected Elites still turn me off from playing the game, especially when I'm a casual player with not the best gear in the world. But meh.

End of the day, HERC bunkers will not revive the game. End of story.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

Hi dere partner

Con can you do something for me and my fellow survivors and look into the drop rate of gears everybody i tired of them now and the game is so saturated of them now that most of them end up being recycled.  I remember from the past that thing like melee vests and bandos were very rare and you would loot alot of m16s m4s ak74s and cr553s when you were looting for level 17-20 m24s and you only found an occasional bando or health vest. Now it seems the complete opposite. you find so many gears its not normal. the amount that turn unique is crazy too. i have had so many missions where i get multiple armors either blue purple rare or unique. i have been so demotivated to loot anymore that i only resort to island for my daily fix of unique and thats it since when you do manuals you only find armors and when you do find an unique weapon its most of the time the shotgun or the smg. I think it has something to do with the lucky/skilled update you introduced after the islands release since then i have seen multiple people complaining that they find too many gears. i can also see it from what i loot. i mostly loot the ultra low levels and i also get a majority of gears. the rate is about 5/6 gears to 1 weapon/melee

Please con do something people are fed up with this shit you and me both know something has changed over the years.

If there is way to develop your arsenal what is the point in playing this game? to be rewarded with an gear everytime ?

This has to stop con

please

If ever there was a post that destroyed a game this was it. We play this game because of potential rewards in cool stated uniques, and in one post you've managed to completely fuck up the formula that even has the arrogance to speak on behalf of me as someone who plays this game.  Slow hand clap dude. Why aren't you content with finding uniques that aren't upto scratch and just recycling them like the rest of us do? Mysteriously, Con actually acted on your slightly mental compliant and made the game shit. I salute you on your capacity to screw over a game that was just happily drifting along. The Con element remains a complete mystery. 

Why would you implement such a completely mental idea of making the game less rewarding? I literally now don't see any point in playing anymore. Bit of a bounty in somewhere levelled well underneath me, and island run with some broken unique vest (haven't you noticed the chance to find stats are broken Con?)  I am literally trying to pick my gob up off the floor here. I don not understand the thinking behind your development at the moment, or why an idiot's suggestion was acted on. I'll find another game to waste money on. 

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

If ever there was a post that destroyed a game this was it. We play this game because of potential rewards in cool stated uniques, and in one post you've managed to completely fuck up the formula that even has the arrogance to speak on behalf of me as someone who plays this game.  Slow hand clap dude. Why aren't you content with finding uniques that aren't upto scratch and just recycling them like the rest of us do? Mysteriously, Con actually acted on your slightly mental compliant and made the game shit. I salute you on your capacity to screw over a game that was just happily drifting along. The Con element remains a complete mystery. 

Why would you implement such a completely mental idea of making the game less rewarding? I literally now don't see any point in playing anymore. Bit of a bounty in somewhere levelled well underneath me, and island run with some broken unique vest (haven't you noticed the chance to find stats are broken Con?)  I am literally trying to pick my gob up off the floor here. I don not understand the thinking behind your development at the moment, or why an idiot's suggestion was acted on. I'll find another game to waste money on. 

dude no one expected con to completely fuck the uni rolls by changing the skilled prefix into a blue one

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 172 posts

POPULAR

Hi Con,

well it's been a month now with the revision to skilled and lucky prefixes and although the changes you made were with the best intentions they don't seem to have had the desired result,

quite the opposite to be honest,

numbers in chat have dropped, familiar faces are absent, the atmosphere has turned somewhat gloomy,

we've got through the problems with Google nerfing Chrome,

you've managed to successfully motivate the server people to fix 99.9% of the connection and loading problems,

peeps in chat weren't bitching about stuff  all the time,

you revised the rewards on elite boxes that are broadly appreciated,

the introduction of new types of low level uni's has added a new dimension that are widely appreciated,

things were looking fairly rosy but this loot change has rather undermined your previous efforts to perk things up,

I think it's safe to say that a lot of people would be quite glad if you back pedaled on this last change, it was worth a try but it's not had the desired effect.

how it was before the change wasn't ideal but it was a heck of a lot better than it is now!

it'd be really nice to hear what you think,

ryvdyasjv

ryvdyasjv
  • 53 posts

in my opinion, in first place con should have investigate why there are players finding only gears and others with a balance between weapons and gears, before con made the changes i have see in my main the quality on weapons doesnt be affected by luck but in my alt the ratio are pretty decent.

i think if con have upped the ratio on weapons or lowed on gears probably would be the same mess for all of us.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

Hi Con,

well it's been a month now with the revision to skilled and lucky prefixes and although the changes you made were with the best intentions they don't seem to have had the desired result,

quite the opposite to be honest,

numbers in chat have dropped, familiar faces are absent, the atmosphere has turned somewhat gloomy,

we've got through the problems with Google nerfing Chrome,

you've managed to successfully motivate the server people to fix 99.9% of the connection and loading problems,

peeps in chat weren't bitching about stuff  all the time,

you revised the rewards on elite boxes that are broadly appreciated,

the introduction of new types of low level uni's has added a new dimension that are widely appreciated,

things were looking fairly rosy but this loot change has rather undermined your previous efforts to perk things up,

I think it's safe to say that a lot of people would be quite glad if you back pedaled on this last change, it was worth a try but it's not had the desired effect.

how it was before the change wasn't ideal but it was a heck of a lot better than it is now!

it'd be really nice to hear what you think,

This with trumpets. The incentive to play the game has literally just been slain. Nothing of any value has been found in autos or actual missions all night. Literally over eighty missions across four DMU accounts and one unique turned up; and nothing on the manuals with each dude with one of those 5% tokens.  Gameplay has simply crumbled away; you have to undo what you just did Con. In a stroke you have completely killed any incentive to play your game. I simply can't grasp why you have done this.

Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton
  • 2 posts

The player that did 500+ manuals and got close to no unis is me. For me the situation was as follow.

Prior to August's drop change I got ONLY UNI GEARS, I mean to a ridicolous level. No gun whatsoever, only damn gears all the time.

Now I get close to nothing. Gears only turn rare, very rarely uni. Problem is the same goes to guns. I know most likely I'm wasting Kb of server by typing this, but you are losing affectionate players by the day. I don't think you ever earned your bread with this game, but as a matter of respect toward people who bought fuel, keys, DMU and stuff you OWE us mantainance.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

con knows he fucked up so I doubt he will ever respond to anything again

Darth Xanna

Darth Xanna
  • 5 posts

con knows he fucked up so I doubt he will ever respond to anything again

retired but still complaining. what if con is just going through some deep shit right now? if the end is near then I thank you Con for your efforts. but right now whats left of the community needs your help.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

Another 25% bonus round, and well pretty much nothing. Con, I hope there isn't personal stuff going on in your life, but this has really killed the game. 

I seriously urge you to revert the change. This was a seriously bad call. But hey, we all make those in life from time to time. You aren't going to earn any revenue on us lot upgrading the uniques we aren't finding anymore. Seriously, dude.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,639 posts

Another 25% bonus round, and well pretty much nothing. Con, I hope there isn't personal stuff going on in your life, but this has really killed the game. 

I seriously urge you to revert the change. This was a seriously bad call. But hey, we all make those in life from time to time. You aren't going to earn any revenue on us lot upgrading the uniques we aren't finding anymore. Seriously, dude.

Check the announcements tab

Sev and Steve moved on. Sev at College and Steve went to another company.

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 122 posts

Can we all just appreciate how scary MaxSheen's profile pic is?

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

Hey all, just a quick note to let you know I've rolled this back. The change was seemingly minor - literally a 7 to an 8, but it obviously had adverse effects on the drops. Massive mistake on my part, I'm really sorry.

Where have I been? I'll have a detailed explanation tomorrow.