Photo

In Range & In Line Of Sight But Not Firing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 85 posts

Does this ever happen to anyone else in island, only place it seems to happen is island on the second map, herc trainyard one. the second part with the large barricades just past the military truck, I take cover there, destroy the door but the hercs inside the area with the first objective I can't fire on them at all, not even if i go right up to them.

It's not all the time, but just wondering what causes it and if there's any solution? as I cannot kill them in anyway, tried everything, I tried throwing nades but it won't let me throw past the door so maybe the game thinks the door hasn't been destroyed? but odd thing is the hercs will fire at me. 

so i'm completely lost

Any help appreciated. :)

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 703 posts

There's a bunch of bugs with Union island that still haven't been fixed, most of them revolving around the destructible doors. I've noticed some pathfinding issues as well, which only get worse once a door is destroyed. I've had a few missions lost because my guys instead of walking through the now destroyed door took an alternate path without me realizing it until they died to herc gunfire.

There really isn't much more you can do other than trying different angles. Sometimes it may look like your guys can fire but they actually can't. Or just try different areas to begin with.

tingadabopper

tingadabopper
  • 85 posts

I've honestly tried every angle, like I said, even if I go right up to them and take cover where they are my guys won't fire.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Forsaken

Forsaken
  • 26 posts

Also make sure you are not using the Oh Shiny book, it causes problems like this on the island.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Also make sure you are not using the Oh Shiny book, it causes problems like this on the island.

huh I use the oh shiny  and I don't have problems with shooting nor do I have many instances of bad pathing 

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 122 posts
It could be a bug or a glitch...cause there aren't already enough