Photo

Undead Thunder - Halloween 2018

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

Just my two cents on this rotating crafts thing that you've had going on since the last event - not a fan of it. I can only assume there's going to be another weekend where we get to be able to craft everything that was available during the event again like the previous one. But why rotate out the previous week of items at all?

It's pointless because 1 week to craft a batch of items clearly isn't going to happen unless you own the deathmobile which let's face it, not a whole lot of the players own. Most people play this for free, meaning they can only run missions every 4 hours at the highest level and most people will likely not be playing this every 4 hours. I have two accounts and with the components scavenged from them both combined, I don't have enough to craft ANY of the items from the previous week or the current.

I urge you to reconsider against using this system again for the next event and just have the items available throughout the entire event.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

There is no Mk II crafting schem for the EXO-RP. I assume that is an oversight?

Edit: The level 50 version of the Ticket to Valhalla has the same stats as its level 20 version. Please fix.

Edited by lolzarz, 23 October 2018 - 11:29 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

Why can't we use crafting kits?

RAINALAN

RAINALAN
  • 5 posts

HI Con.

What happened with the update of the new weapons for halloween, it seems to me that there is an error at the time of execution, since only the weapons of the week update and the first wave only 2 or 3. I can also see that in the crafting area there are supposedly 24 weapons but they are much smaller.
I hope you have the 
kindness to repair that error, because I really want to be able to get all the new weapons and equipment.

Thank you.

Edited by RAINALAN, 23 October 2018 - 10:35 PM.

cesar

cesar
  • 106 posts

HI Con.

What happened with the update of the new weapons for halloween, it seems to me that there is an error at the time of execution, since only the weapons of the week update and the first wave only 2 or 3. I can also see that in the crafting area there are supposedly 24 weapons but they are much smaller.
I hope you have the 
kindness to repair that error, because I really want to be able to get all the new weapons and equipment.

Thank you.

there is one missing from the weapon bench it says 20 but i count only 19

bossfighter7

bossfighter7
  • 153 posts

i wish i could partake in the event but 

http://forum.conarti...d/#entry148102      

my main kong account is banned which has my fuel

Edited by bossfighter7, 24 October 2018 - 01:08 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

But why rotate out the previous week of items at all?

It's mostly so your crafting interface isn't flooded with 40+ items. There will be another span when I will unlock everything for crafting again, but yeah it's mostly just so it's not massively overwhelming.

Fix for the M16 Mk3 is up now too.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 53 posts

A little trivia:

That M16 Vietnam is supposively a M16a1 but maybe it has A2 handguards or a B movie version using a A2 version.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 53 posts

A little trivia:

That M16 Vietnam is supposively a M16a1 but maybe it has A2 handguards or a B movie version using a A2 version.

Still, worth it, for me.

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

It's mostly so your crafting interface isn't flooded with 40+ items. There will be another span when I will unlock everything for crafting again, but yeah it's mostly just so it's not massively overwhelming.

I don't think it actually makes up that much clutter since we've been looking at the same crafting system for a long time now. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

Not only that but like, none of these crafts have been worth making, especially without the ability to add crafting kits.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 53 posts

InfoSheet-Halloween2018.jpg

Con, where is the second wave intel?

noise

noise
  • 41 posts

con can you do something about the stoner's range pls 10 range is very very poor i want to use the counter my survivor just stands there wile the rest of the team is shooting..... thx  :)

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Sorry guys, I've been super busy with this PAX show. Had some last minute stuff come up that clogged the works up. There's more stuff coming tomorrow night, I'll update the info then!

Peter_Man_CFD

Peter_Man_CFD
  • 53 posts

Sorry guys, I've been super busy with this PAX show. Had some last minute stuff come up that clogged the works up. There's more stuff coming tomorrow night, I'll update the info then!

Any chance of amending some of the 'Skilled' mods while you're there? Would be greatly welcome for the vast majority of Dead Zone looters. Sadly a lot of players have completely left the game after the wrong change :(

I think we have lost literally 50% of all players since the first change, and in only a 2 month period.

I've kept a list:

Other mods to be rolled back:

Current         Original

'Heavy Plated'               Purple             Blue

'Light'                             Green             Blue

'...Choked'                      Green             Blue

'Maintained Skilled'         Blue              Purple

'Lightweight'                   Green             Blue

'Ceramic Plated'             Green             Blue

'Quality Skilled'                Blue             Purple

'Quiet Skilled'                  Blue              Purple

'Quality Civilian'              Blue              Purple

'Dampened Skilled'         Blue              Purple

'Stabilized Skilled'           Blue              Purple

'High Capacity Skilled'    Blue              Purple

'Lucky Motorcycle'          Blue              Purple

'Suppressed Skilled'       Blue              Purple

'Reinforced Skilled'         Blue              Purple

'Brutal Skilled'                 Blue              Purple

'Extended Skilled'           Blue              Purple

'Home Made Skilled'       Blue              Purple

And hope you are having a great time at the PAX show :-)

Edited by Peter_Man_CFD, 19 November 2018 - 04:46 PM.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 53 posts

Point taken.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Any chance of amending some of the 'Skilled' mods while you're there? Would be greatly welcome for the vast majority of Dead Zone looters. Sadly a lot of players have completely left the game after the wrong change :(

I think we have lost literally 50% of all players since the first change, and in only a 2 month period.

Yes it has proven slightly catastrophic, and I have no idea why on earth the change was made in the first place.

Things don't even feel right now any more after you fixed it, even on boogie boosts i'm paying for through boxes, and manual missions with everyone loaded up with +3% masks, +5% vests, and +5% medallions. That's like +65% off to scavenge stuff and nothing much is turning up, even before loot boosts from premiums boxes. 

I appreciate you have staffing levels, and are busy, but you made something go pair shaped with this game, and the fix doesn't seem to have returned things as to where they were. Which is a shame. It's a lovely game to roll back a few hours, but you just did something with the Dead Zone which made us sigh big time Chris :/

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

I've kept a list:

Other mods to be rolled back:

Current         Original

'Heavy Plated'               Purple             Blue

'Light'                             Green             Blue

'...Choked'                      Green             Blue

'Maintained Skilled'         Blue              Purple

'Lightweight'                   Green             Blue

'Ceramic Plated'             Green             Blue

'Quality Skilled'                Blue             Purple

'Quiet Skilled'                  Blue              Purple

'Quality Civilian'              Blue              Purple

'Dampened Skilled'         Blue              Purple

'Stabilized Skilled'           Blue              Purple

'High Capacity Skilled'    Blue              Purple

'Lucky Motorcycle'          Blue              Purple

And hope you are having a great time at the PAX show :-)

The skilled mods were all rolled back to their original "weights" and I just double checked them again, they're back to values we had in June. I appreciate the specific mod combos though, I'll go through and test them for maintenance tomorrow and see if I can get them back in order. Makes things much easier to manage, thanks! I might need to look further back at older versions.

Did you find those items in the last few weeks? I can't remember exactly how the mods are stored in the database in all cases, so it might be that they wouldn't have reverted to "correct" color after the change. A User ID for the account with those items would be handy.

Harpago, as for the abundance of unique gear, this is what I was actually trying to amend with the change originally, I think I'll adjust the drop rates of gear slightly. Everyone is interested in weapons more so, right?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Harpago, as for the abundance of unique gear, this is what I was actually trying to amend with the change originally, I think I'll adjust the drop rates of gear slightly. Everyone is interested in weapons more so, right?

I can't speak for players at other levels, but at max there feels like (to me) there has been a slight abundance of gear over weapons, and to be honest once you have your crew kitted up in some pretty decent armour (say 70%/70% with nice bonuses for raiding/the island, the only real hunt i'm on for is a chance at a groovy gun with range to whack things with, which you've wisely not allowed us to craft (and I hope you never do), such as the HR-433 and MG-36. Sure levelled up Arctic Auto Revolvers can generally blast everything out of the Dead Zone, but they aren't much good against people shooting back at you. That's probably what everyone else at max level is looking out for as well, and keeping their fingers crossed when we find uniques these days. :)

Peter_Man_CFD

Peter_Man_CFD
  • 53 posts

The skilled mods were all rolled back to their original "weights" and I just double checked them again, they're back to values we had in June. I appreciate the specific mod combos though, I'll go through and test them for maintenance tomorrow and see if I can get them back in order. Makes things much easier to manage, thanks! I might need to look further back at older versions.

Did you find those items in the last few weeks? I can't remember exactly how the mods are stored in the database in all cases, so it might be that they wouldn't have reverted to "correct" color after the change. A User ID for the account with those items would be handy.

Hi Con. Thanks for the fast reply first off.

The list that I've kept above, have all been scavenged within the last 7 days. Uniques still look a bit 'funny' overall. A lot of armors (Level56+) coming out with all stats in, and no Projectile Resistance added, and a lot of unique guns are missing the +Suppression stat.

From what I've seen and scavenged, the ratio for 3/3 : 4/4 guns is about 70:30 at the moment (Better than the 95:5 that we suffered with for 2 months)

Before, it was 20:80 in favour of 4/4s.

The 4/4 guns are what we Dead Zoners are predominantly after (It's what we all waste our time trying to find!) 4/4 guns represent the best type of gun possible, the pinnacle of uniques.

3/3 guns represents aged, old 2nd tier weapons, and a step backwards towards an era gone by.

And unfortunately, players have, and will continue, to leave this game, until this is resolved.

Id: armorpetermancfd

Id: armorPeter_Man

Id: armorPeter_Man_CFD

Here are my IDs, but I tend to recycle everything after each mission. I will try to keep some live examples on my main account, Id: armorpetermancfd, if that helps you out in any way.

Thanks for reading :)